Just taking a last look

billoliver40

Senior
Dec 16, 2015
Trenton ky
UK was minus Haynes.
Minus Conrad.
Minus Ware.
Coming off one of the most embarrassing games in years.
Lost Snell.
Lost Stephen Johnson several times
Took the number 21 team in the country to all they wanted.
Hate Stoops, want somebody different.
Love him, want a statue of him.
Doesn't matter. These kids that COULD play layed it all on the line.
I was embarrassed after the Louisville game.
Not any more.
These kids and coaches showed a lot.

Thank you to the blue Cats for an exciting game—punctuated by one atrocious call a corresponding make-up call and a key injury. I had seen commentary on the board about the Ky Cats giving up (esp v Lville), but your Cats showed great heart today. It really was a cat fight. Good luck next season.

This thread is all about setting. What is there to honestly be proud about? If you had a son on this team that performed great despite the loss, ok, you can be proud of HIM. Other than that, there is no moral victory here, stop settling for just being competitive Geezus, this a Loser mentality. When are we gonna DEMAND better? I swear no other team on earth would be proud or satisfied with this BS.

Yes we were missing player but they were too. Unreal. Im waiting on a thread suggesting UK get a medal for "giving it their all" SMDH.

This thread is all about setting. What is there to honestly be proud about? If you had a son on this team that performed great despite the loss, ok, you can be proud of HIM. Other than that, there is no moral victory here, stop settling for just being competitive Geezus, this a Loser mentality. When are we gonna DEMAND better? I swear no other team on earth would be proud or satisfied with this BS.

Yes we were missing player but they were too. Unreal. Im waiting on a thread suggesting UK get a medal for "giving it their all" SMDH.
Dude,
You prove once again there are a lotta ways to be a loser.

If you can't see the heart these kids gave today, I don't know what to tell you. They could have just given up several times, but they didn't. They have bought into Stoops lock, stock, and barrel, if playing the # 21 team as Bill said to the end isn't good enough. Well UK isn't good enough for you

UK was minus Haynes.
Minus Conrad.
Minus Ware.
Coming off one of the most embarrassing games in years.
Lost Snell.
Lost Stephen Johnson several times
Took the number 21 team in the country to all they wanted.
Hate Stoops, want somebody different.
Love him, want a statue of him.
Doesn't matter. These kids that COULD play layed it all on the line.
I was embarrassed after the Louisville game.
Not any more.
These kids and coaches showed a lot.
Great post, wish some of our posters would show the heart these kids did today!

If you can't see the heart these kids gave today, I don't know what to tell you. They could have just given up several times, but they didn't. They have bought into Stoops lock, stock, and barrel, if playing the # 21 team as Bill said to the end isn't good enough. Well UK isn't good enough for you
UK is fine and capable this AD and coaching staff minus Gran and marrow are not good enough. You dont know me, stop assuming. I dont blame the players outside Jones, ware. They just do as They're told. You can cherish your moral victory. Maybe hang a banner in the practice facility, put UK 23- #21 Northwestern 24, then color a big ol heart in the middle. The color these words....."we will never forget."

Lol no thanks im about what actions can we take to get our house in order to start winning, not competing, but WINNG SEC titles. We have played football a century its about time for change. Enjoy your moral victory.

Totally uncalled for.

This team had basically every disadvantage possible against Northwestern and played with a lot of heart.

I’m definitely not a sunshine pumper, but I was very proud of the effort they gave.

UK is fine and capable this AD and coaching staff minus Gran and marrow are not good enough. You dont know me, stop assuming. I dont blame the players outside Jones, ware. They just do as They're told. You can cherish your moral victory. Maybe hang a banner in the practice facility, put UK 23- #21 Northwestern 24, then color a big ol heart in the middle. The color these words....."we will never forget."

Lol no thanks im about what actions can we take to get our house in order to start winning, not competing, but WINNG SEC titles. We have played football a century its about time for change. Enjoy your moral victory.
I am relishing in it. What would we be saying had UK thrown in the towel after the call against Benny, after SJ got banged up, after the pick 6? This shows these kids are "all in" on Stoops. Stoops kicks the extra point in a regular season game. I am not assuming and I don't have to know you. I just went based on what you posted. If you are mad about this game, well I don't have anything else to say about it!

I have been hard on CMS and the team all season.

This was the last game of the year.

We all are aware of the lack of talent at certain positions, discipline issues, execution problems, dumbassery, unpreparedness, misalignments and head scratching decisions at times...

With all of that, losing Benny and inexcusable officiating our kids never stopped playing hard.

Even as a critic you have to be honest about the effort and toughness from a team that is not very fundamentally sound, lacks a passing game (1 TD since Oct 8th), too many drops when we do make a good pass, terrible rushing defense and for some reason a secondary that has regressed.

I also give props to CMS for leading the charge to battle until the end.

I still do not believe he will get us where i would like us to get to, but I commend him for getting us this far and I commend him on last nights leadership.

This fanbase would be exponentially better without baboons like this. We can want and deserve better and still be proud of our team and players. Be a fan or don't be. Hopefully you'll go root for another team.

One of the more entertaining bowl games so far, in spite of the officiating.If a fan can't take some amount of pride in how this team gutted it out when it would have been all to easy to fold their tent and pack it in then they shouldn't call themselves a fan.

This is a new chapter in the seemingly never ending book of curses that plague UK football.This takes horrendous calls and no call that have cost us wins to a whole new level.

The next step is to get to a point that we can bring that level of effort game in and game out.UK football is as close to 'us against the world' as it can get in sports,maybe Stoops and the staff can use that to their advantage.They might as well try that approach since the situation isn't likely to change anytime soon.

Looking back at the season as a whole we were closer to a magical season than we have been for many years,no it didn't happen, but you can't deny that it was close enough that we could see and feel that it was really possible.

Where we go from here is anyone's guess,but we have something to build on.I hope coach Stoops,the staff and players are up to the task and willing to work hard enough to see it thru.

Reactions: billoliver40
Without their QB we win the game if the ref doesn't become part of the show. I don't think we win with Snell if the QB stays healthy. Really turned the game around for both teams. We had no running game and Northwestern just played the pass. Northwestern had no passing game and we could key on the run.

What a way to end the season. Injuiries happen in football, but I've never seen a star player kicked out of the game for what Snell was. Whether the officials like it or not, fans pay to see the star players and to kick out a teams best player for that is bs. I know you can't let a superstar player act like a clown out there, but that was ridiculous. The refs in the UofL game did the right thing by not kicking Lamar Jackson out too. Even though Kentucky lost the UofL game, if I bought a ticket to it, I wouldn't want to see a heisman trophy winner kicked out in the 1st quarter. Same thing with Snell.

I think you miss the point. I don’t know if you ever played or not, but if a player walks off the field win or lose and they gave all they had to try and win, then, that are winners. Your comments or demeaning attitude can NEVER change that.

Without their QB we win the game if the ref doesn't become part of the show. I don't think we win with Snell if the QB stays healthy. Really turned the game around for both teams. We had no running game and Northwestern just played the pass. Northwestern had no passing game and we could key on the run.

What a way to end the season. Injuiries happen in football, but I've never seen a star player kicked out of the game for what Snell was. Whether the officials like it or not, fans pay to see the star players and to kick out a teams best player for that is bs. I know you can't let a superstar player act like a clown out there, but that was ridiculous. The refs in the UofL game did the right thing by not kicking Lamar Jackson out too. Even though Kentucky lost the UofL game, if I bought a ticket to it, I wouldn't want to see a heisman trophy winner kicked out in the 1st quarter. Same thing with Snell.

We all bitched about Lamar Jackson not being ejected but that was a perfect example... and not even a bowl game!

I am relishing in it. What would we be saying had UK thrown in the towel after the call against Benny, after SJ got banged up, after the pick 6? This shows these kids are "all in" on Stoops. Stoops kicks the extra point in a regular season game. I am not assuming and I don't have to know you. I just went based on what you posted. If you are mad about this game, well I don't have anything else to say about it!

If our best isn’t good enough, I’m ok with that. I think we got the teams best last night. Only ask they leave it on the field every game. Have to be proud of the grit from last night, win or lose.

Last edited:

Please stop.

This is just Year 5 of a LOOOONG rebuilding process. Why be so negative???

We are rebuilding Kentucky not a blueblood football program. It’s going to take time.

Reactions: BlueTick2
Please stop.

We are rebuilding Kentucky not a blueblood football program. It’s going to take time.

This post wont bring up any discussion..... o_O

One gritty loss to a team we had weeks to prepare for most likely doesnt overcome the regressive paltry play the entire last half of the season in year 5.

One gritty loss to a team we had weeks to prepare for most likely doesnt overcome the regressive paltry play the entire last half of the season in year 5.

Agreed. We finished 92 out of 126 teams in total defense category and 104th for offense. I believe both are his worst year yet at UK. Take a look at the teams in front of us and ask yourself how good do you really feel about our future. Hoping all the Stoops supporters prove me wrong.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry00
What specifically did the coaching staff do to warrant their firing this game? It’s easy as hell to call for their head in some cases but I’m not sure what they did last night? Good Lord, they faced a team many thought would beat us but 2 or 3 touchdowns but we had a chance to win at the end. We adjust3d the ENTIRE game plan when Snell goes out, defensively we played extremely well against an unbelievable line and running back. But that’s not enough. Many of you all forget what shitty coaching really looks like.

Totally uncalled for.

This team had basically every disadvantage possible against Northwestern and played with a lot of heart.

I’m definitely not a sunshine pumper, but I was very proud of the effort they gave.
wow coming from from you i guess i did go too far i know who you're and generally like your posts but no i didnt go to far because if you read i said I DONT BLAME THE PLAYERS! Outside Jones, and Ware.

My rant is not about the players.

Please stop.

Its been a century, hell even Dracula would be pissed if he had to stay in his coffin too long. Im sorry, how much time do you need? Another century perhaps?

I think you miss the point. I don’t know if you ever played or not, but if a player walks off the field win or lose and they gave all they had to try and win, then, that are winners. Your comments or demeaning attitude can NEVER change that.
Yeah i played lol. Beyond college. Ive coached. Im a lifelong UK fan that for once wants a program with a winners attitude. With it, wins come. When you say "Gosh i just wanna keep it close." And the game ends close now, you're satisfied. There is so much wrong with that way of thinking and it NEVER should be said in a competitive sport like football.

This is not about the players so, if you want to be proud of a player that gave his all and made a difference then nobody is disputing that. You clearly missed the point because my point goes above player control. It also goes to fans like you who are replying that there is moral victories in Football stop being satisfied and being ok with a bad season. No, its not bad from UK stand point but its bad for everybody else so whats that say about UK? It says its time we catch up to the world in football.

I know what you're gonna say but, Have you ever played? Football players play to win. I remember being at a hometown football game with Artose Pinner and we just took the Vols to the wire that last saturday, everyone was coming up to us saying we almost had em, aww but good Job its ok, Pinner said,"no its not, we should have beat them, its not ok."

And, its not. You come to win, or dont show up if you're ok with just "Gee im so glad yall didnt put a hurtin on us and glad it was close ." mentality . But whatever it is what it is.

Reactions: Dorecat
This fanbase would be exponentially better without baboons like this. We can want and deserve better and still be proud of our team and players. Be a fan or don't be. Hopefully you'll go root for another team.
Again this is not about the players get the ball of wax out

Its been a century, hell even Dracula would be pissed if he had to stay in his coffin too long. Im sorry, how much time do you need? Another century perhaps?

Which is why it takes longer than 5 years to turn it around, but I’m sure you could get it done right? You are a joke.

Reactions: Poetax
Please stop.

I would agree more if I didn't see coaches like Brohm and Franklin turn perennial doormats that were dumpster fires prior to their arrival, into highly competitive teams in one year. It can be done if you have the right coach.

Which is why it takes longer than 5 years to turn it around, but I’m sure you could get it done right? You are a joke.
Im a joke because i want UK football to be the best? TROLL ALERT! ALERT! BACKWARDS THINKING TROLL SPOTTED!
Im going to keep calling trolls out that wanna troll me for wanting better for my UK team. UL fans have to much time to come here and troll.

Eli, I apologise for the shot I took at you early on.i believe you're a passionate fan.
I don't mind calling out coaches or players for screw ups. The purpose of this particular post was to appreciate the effort the coaches and team gave for this game, especially with the hole they dug themselves in with the Louisville debacle.
I hope it isn't a one shot deal. The poor effort against Georgia Tech last year seemed to carry over. I hope the improved effort in this game carries as well.
Next year will be easy enough to see if it does.

It’s just Year 5 of a rebuild where we lost at least the first 2 years

I have NO problem calling out coaches or players for dumb performances. However this is a case where the coaches and players should be praised for their effort. I was there for this particular game, and was in shock at Benny Snell's ejection by a ' Look at me ' official from the west coast.
This team really bowed their necks , and put forth a courageous effort that came up inches short of pulling the upset.
I am anxious to see how Spring ball, Summer workout, and Fall camp go, as we phase into the 2018 season. Lots of questions leading into it, that will be answered over the coming months....... GO CATS !!!

I think it's okay to give the kids and staff credit for coming out to play. Doesn't mean Stoops is the right guy for the job to admit he and the staff did a good job.

Loved the initial offensive aggressiveness. Loved going for the 2PC to win the game.

Stoops proved "again" his overall game preparation should be done in a YMCA rec league somewhere. Awful.

Gotta call you out for trying to twist shit. I just want my team to be the best if you dont like it you dont want UK to succeed period.

Yeah, I don’t want UK to succeed. I pay 10k a year to support the program and that’s just football. I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years, since I was 25, but have been going to games with my father since I can remember. I have seen the ups and downs throughout 35+ years and have stuck with them through all of it. Don’t question my loyalty you prick. You don’t know me or what I’m about but you can get on here and spout off about something you obviously know jack shit about. I want a top tier program as bad as anyone but that doesn’t happen overnight, and there will be a fair share of ups and downs along the way. We just started investing, and I mean really investing, in football 5 years ago. We play in THE most competitive conference in America, and were competitive in every game except Miss St. If you or any other idiot thinks we should just flip a switch and start winning SEC championship your crazy, which is fairly evident given your stance. Question the coach, that’s fine, but have some damn sense with your “realistic” expectations.

wow coming from from you i guess i did go too far i know who you're and generally like your posts but no i didnt go to far because if you read i said I DONT BLAME THE PLAYERS! Outside Jones, and Ware.

My rant is not about the players.
I totally understand your frustrations. Before the season I really thought we would win a minimum of 9 games.

To me, it ended up being a very disappointing year. However, against Northwestern, I thought the team played hard, and showed some character.

After rewatching the game this morning, I’m not quite as pleased as I was after about forty beers on Friday.
There was a lack of discipline that I didn’t notice live. This has been a very big problem that doesn’t seem to be getting any better, and that is absolutely on the Coaching staff.

Excuses will not be tolerated next year by most of the fan base. It’s put up or shut up next season.

ADVERTISEMENT