ADVERTISEMENT

Just reported on bleacher report..

The AD probably found out he lied to them about the FBI wiretap and they are forcing him out.

Why wouldn't he... seems he's done some major damage at Zona - the flames are burning and he's probably aware they are dangerously close to a barrel of gasoline. Pitt is desperate... perfect scenario.

No girl wants to go to prom with Screech from "Saved by the bell" - until he's the only guy left that gets you to the prom.

Reactions: Ugoff
Sean miller talking to Pitt. He would't leave Arizona would he?

Makes sense after I think about it. First, most people would say Pitt is a step down from Arizona. But, think about it from Miller's perspective. If he's innocent ... (I'm not sure he is, but my opinion is not the issue) ... then he's lost his ability to recruit to Ari. That will result in losing teams, which will result in getting fired.

Taking a new job says, "I'm innocent" louder and more effective than doing it from Ari. It also indicates that a reputable school has done their homework and also consider him to be innocent. He'll have lots of time to build a program at Pitt. If he does well there then he'll use it to take an other high level job.

Everything I've said above is based on him being innocent and the FBI eventually clearing his name. (That's a big 'IF.)

If he's guilty then Pitt will have major egg on their face. Miller won't care what he did to Pitt at that point because he'll know he's finished either way.

I can see the strategy behind him taking a lesser job. He's finished at Arizona. The lack of ability to recruit top players will get him, or the FBI will name him.

Reactions: struggler
The AD probably found out he lied to them about the FBI wiretap and they are forcing him out.
Which, of course, would explain the clown show that is Pitt's Athletics Department falling all over themselves to bring him there.

He was born in the Pittsburgh area, was a ball boy at Pitt, played at Pitt and coached at Pitt. Would not surprise me at all.

I’m confused, could the NCAA eventually hit Miller with a “show cause”? Seems this would jeopardize his hiring. Maybe, Pitt sees the reward with the risk.

I’m confused, could the NCAA eventually hit Miller with a “show cause”? Seems this would jeopardize his hiring. Maybe, Pitt sees the reward with the risk.
I think once you are hired it's fine. Clint Hurtt coached at U of L when he was on a show cause. U of L hired him when me and the rest of the world knew he was getting a show cause but since it was put in after they already hired him he was allowed to stay.

Reactions: ZZBlueComet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT