ADVERTISEMENT

Just read the transcript from Cal's Post Game Florida

struggler

Sophomore
Jan 23, 2013
No wonder there is confusion.... jeez... incoherent... no complete thoughts or sentences.... random inconsistent drivel... very little basketball terminology. He has always interviewed very A.D.D. but jeez. Anyway - reading that leaves little confusion to fans as to why something as simple as bringing the ball in on the last play - people just stand around and look at each other (happened on the Sarr TO to Arky play at the end as well) This coming out of time-outs. IMO just a reflection of what has been all season communication-wise - to players, in games, toward fans.

No wonder there is confusion.... jeez... incoherent... no complete thoughts or sentences.... random inconsistent drivel... very little basketball terminology. He has always interviewed very A.D.D. but jeez. Anyway - reading that leaves little confusion to fans as to why something as simple as bringing the ball in on the last play - people just stand around and look at each other (happened on the Sarr TO to Arky play at the end as well) This coming out of time-outs. IMO just a reflection of what has been all season communication-wise - to players, in games, toward fans.
Yea he forgot 40 years of knowledge this season. Crazy how that happens, but it has

Cal is like a politician, never really says much, just babbles a bunch.

I try to never listen to Cal speak because it only makes my head hurt. But, did anyone ask him if Askew was told Double team? Leaving Appleby open for three.

Seems like an odd thing for Askew to decide to do on his own when I’ve never seen him do it before.

Just curious

Cal is like a politician, never really says much, just babbles a bunch.
Yep. Cal has been terrible all year in press conferences. And has made some terrible adjustments in games this year. And has made no adjustments some games. He has had Terrible lineups playing together early in year that cost us wins. I would love answers to those questions instead of the rants. Wish he would get back to who he was when he came but doubt that will happen.

55798ca663c70b36fa277289452deb75.jpg

Cal was up to his A$$ in alligators, and it was to late to drain the swamp.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Yea he forgot 40 years of knowledge this season. Crazy how that Basketball Plays.

His entire agenda was to recruit the very best talent, who were athletic, and have them drive to the basket. What is called the "Dribble Drive." Coaches figured out what his game plan was, as did Huggins the first year, and as the years went by, they adjusted to stop the players from driving. I watch them Half-A$$ set a screen, and then just stand there, instead of stepping back for a shot, or rolling to the basket for a 2 on 1. Setting a screen improper, is a waste of time, and accomplishes nothing.
Cal is no longer the recruiter he was 7 or 8 years ago. His lack of knowledge, of basics in basketball is now catching up with him, as evidenced in the second half, and especially in the last 4 to 6 minutes. When teams shut down our ability to drive, Cal is LOST.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Imagine a CEO of a successful Fortune 100 company speaking to his/her shareholders in that manner or in those broken sentences with no structure... his drivel and incoherant slurs that jump from one subject to another are a disgrace to a brand like UK.

He has always been surprisingly inarticulate in his speaking. I thought the same of Tubby, but at least he wasn't all over the place bouncing around with this level of verbal ping pong. I really don't know what to make of the guy.

Ask him where he’s going, he tells you where he’s been

Calipari is not going anywhere soon enough, thanks to Mitch. And it could be even worse, more of a nightmare next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT