ADVERTISEMENT

just look at this list of players... :(

Dec 5, 2007
Lexington
obviously we know, but when you look at it, it's astounding...

John Wall
DeMarcus Cousins
Patrick Patterson
Eric Bledsoe
Daniel Orton
Brandon Knight
Josh Harrellson
DeAndre Ligggins
Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Terrence Jones
Marquis Teague
Doron Lamb
Darius Miller
Nerlens Noel
Archie Goodwin
Julius Randle
James Young
Karl Anthony-Towns
Willie Cauley-Stein
Trey Lyles
Devin Booker
Andrew Harrison
Aaron Harrison
Dakari Johnson
Jamal Murray
Skal Labissiere
Tyler Ulis
De’Aaron Fox
Malik Monk
Bam Adebayo
Kevin Knox
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Jarred Vanderbilt
Hamidou Diallo
PJ Washington
Tyler Herro
Keldon Johnson
Tyrese Maxey
Immanuel Quickley

These are the players who were DRAFTED in the NBA under Calipari since he’s been at UK.

Plenty of others who were undrafted have played in the NBA (Poythress, Richards, Willis , Mulder, Gabriel, Wiltjer, just to name a few) and even more have played professionally elsewhere...

1 title. :(

i feel as though tons of other coaches would have won multiple titles with this talent. but to be fair, no other coach is getting all those guys.

when Cal came here after the 1st season with Wall, Cousins, etc. even though we didn't win, it was clear that we were back, and i thought it was just a matter of time before we passed UCLA. honestly i thought we would be there by now. a strong argument can be made we should 11 right now. part of me doesn't even care too much anymore. as i've gotten older i've realized there are a lot more important things in life than whether a ball goes through a cylinder, but that also makes me sad that i no longer care as much.

this entire decade just feels like a bunch of huge blown opportunities.

I remember a thread from a few years ago when people went back and forth about whether Calipari’s tenure would be considered a failure without another title.

Here we are a few years later and i count 29 first round picks on that list. No way could his tenure not be considered a failure with that much high end talent coming in such a condensed amount of time with only 1 title.

These ... players ... were DRAFTED in the NBA under Calipari since he’s been at UK.
Plenty of others . . . . have played professionally elsewhere...
This entire decade just feels like a bunch of huge blown opportunities.
THIS ! ! !

Last edited:
Cal is lucky there was Dean Smith or he'd hold the title of Coach with most who did the least.
Not saying whether Dean Smith should have won more titles or not, but he had a bunch of the best players in college basketball. Under Calipari I think one could argue that UK has not had very many of the best players in college basketball, and instead had a bunch of the most "talented" freshmen (who eventually matured and developed to became really good NBA players).

I understand the feeling that Calipari should have won more titles - and maybe that's true. But I think UK has rarely had the best players in college basketball. Best "talent" maybe, depending on how you define that, but not a lot of the best college basketball players.

Rooferee screwed us in '17

one of the biggest falsehoods perpetrated on this board. He was horrid in the first half and was called out nationally, but they had a five point lead late in the second half and choked it away.

his job was inexcusable in the first half, but when Kentucky got that five point lead in the second half, Calipari tightened up and choked it away. We all know it’s the truth.

Most of our "great" talent hasn't won anything in the NBA either, keep that in mind.

I think we should forsure have two titles but the NCAA tourney is the hardest championship in all of sports to win in my opinion.

The best part of March madness is that anything can happen. That also means the best team(s) often aren’t winning it all. It’s ok it’s part of it

Rooferee screwed us in '17
That team was def a top 3 favorite team of all time for me. Loved that trio. And that idiot just took the happiness away with one of the most terrible reffed game still to this day. The foul on fox before the half that doesn’t get called was amazing. If there was a person I would kick in the nuts if I saw him in public. He’s at the top.

Reactions: RunninRichie
obviously we know, but when you look at it, it's astounding...

John Wall
DeMarcus Cousins
Patrick Patterson
Eric Bledsoe
Daniel Orton
Brandon Knight
Josh Harrellson
DeAndre Ligggins
Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Terrence Jones
Marquis Teague
Doron Lamb
Darius Miller
Nerlens Noel
Archie Goodwin
Julius Randle
James Young
Karl Anthony-Towns
Willie Cauley-Stein
Trey Lyles
Devin Booker
Andrew Harrison
Aaron Harrison
Dakari Johnson
Jamal Murray
Skal Labissiere
Tyler Ulis
De’Aaron Fox
Malik Monk
Bam Adebayo
Kevin Knox
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Jarred Vanderbilt
Hamidou Diallo
PJ Washington
Tyler Herro
Keldon Johnson
Tyrese Maxey
Immanuel Quickley

These are the players who were DRAFTED in the NBA under Calipari since he’s been at UK.

Plenty of others who were undrafted have played in the NBA (Poythress, Richards, Willis , Mulder, Gabriel, Wiltjer, just to name a few) and even more have played professionally elsewhere...

i feel as though tons of other coaches would have won multiple titles with this talent. but to be fair, no other coach is getting all those guys.

when Cal came here after the 1st season with Wall, Cousins, etc. even though we didn't win, it was clear that we were back, and i thought it was just a matter of time before we passed UCLA. honestly i thought we would be there by now. a strong argument can be made we should 11 right now. part of me doesn't even care too much anymore. as i've gotten older i've realized there are a lot more important things in life than whether a ball goes through a cylinder, but that also makes me sad that i no longer care as much.

this entire decade just feels like a bunch of huge blown opportunities.
"I feel as though tons of other coaches would have won multiple titles with this talent. but to be fair, no other coach is getting all those guys"

And there in lies the conundrum. To be fair Championships are hard to win and Cal has made runs at a few. And having just one year with most of those names gives him a small window to do it, But still build on your feelings we would surpass UCLA in a matter of time due to the influx talent flowing through here, I remember Greg Doyle saying at the time, its a given Cal wont just win a Championship, he'll win a bunch at KY before he is through

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT