ADVERTISEMENT

Just heard on KSR that Pascal is out until week of first game with foot injury.

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
Sucks, but hopefully he will be ready for the Florida game.

Wow.

If they're already projecting he's missing the first game then it's gonna take til week 4 for him to be back in football shape and actually play again. I'm guessing week 4/5 will be his first game. Very terrible prognosis.

Last edited:
Wow.

If they're already projecting he's missing the first game then it's gonna take til week 4 for him to be back in football shape and actually play again. I'm guessing week 4/5 will be hisnfiret game. Very terrible prognosis.

Did you read any of what the OP said? He never said he's out 1st game, he said he will miss part of camp.

Reactions: catben
Really bad news...probably one of a handful of players we really need to be healthy on this roster.

Yeah, if he is for sure out for the fall, this is a pretty serious injury and will probably impact his play for at least the first half of the season

Wow.

If they're already projecting he's missing the first game then it's gonna take til week 4 for him to be back in football shape and actually play again. I'm guessing week 4/5 will be hisnfiret game. Very terrible prognosis.
If he actually misses game 1 that could very well be the case. Depends on this injury and what he can do between now and game 1. I suspect we will learn more about his situation over the next few weeks. He is "learning" a new position and new techniques associated with that position so sitting out contact work is gonna make some problems. Whatever it is I hope it is something that heals quickly.

Peace

Last edited:
Wow.

If they're already projecting he's missing the first game then it's gonna take til week 4 for him to be back in football shape and actually play again. I'm guessing week 4/5 will be his first game. Very terrible prognosis.

If that actually plays out (and hopefully it doesn't ...), new redshirt rules would loom large.

Did you read any of what the OP said? He never said he's out 1st game, he said he will miss part of camp.

Apparently Coach Stoops mentioned that Pascal has had foot surgery during the off-season and he is hoping to return by the week of the 1st game.

Hopefully, he doesn't miss any games!!

Apparently Coach Stoops mentioned that Pascal has had foot surgery during the off-season and he is hoping to return by the week of the 1st game.

Hopefully, he doesn't miss any games!!

Yep. He’s had surgery. Unreal. We didn’t even know there was an issue and he’s already had surgery.

The defensive line is the reason the secondary struggles. Can't give Qb's all that time to throw. We need the line to be special this year.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Wow.

This is not accurate and suggests you never listened to Rick Pitino give an injury projection.

Here we go. Let's pray it is not serious and he doesn't have to miss a single game. To say we need him is an understatement. We can not afford to be without him

Key words 'rick pitino'. Not everyone is as slimy as that sketchball lmao.

And, in this case, we learned Josh will be eased into fall camp and is expected to be available by week one. No need to exaggerate. The word is that once he can bear weight, he should be fine. Called a minor procedure.

If they are expecting him out until the week of, it is probably strictly precautionary. Keep his load light until then and then get him ready to play.

Wow.

CMS said it was a minor thing, just had something removed from bottom of foot, and will just miss part of camp. Never said he was missing first game.

Yep. He’s had surgery. Unreal. We didn’t even know there was an issue and he’s already had surgery.

Why is it important that we know everything health wise that goes on in these kids lives. If he didn’t want it out he had surgery respect that.

I hope if Benny gets a hang nail that we post it on USA Today for everyone to read

Reactions: KintuckyWildCayuts
From Stoops news conference today.
“One player who will not be able to participate in fall camp is Josh Paschal. Stoops announced prior to the event that Paschal suffered an offseason foot injury that will sideline him until September. His status for the home opener against Central Michigan is questionable, although House believes the depth developed at defensive line will mitigate the loss.”

Why is it important that we know everything health wise that goes on in these kids lives. If he didn’t want it out he had surgery respect that.

I hope if Benny gets a hang nail that we post it on USA Today for everyone to read
Point certainly taken, it was a blow I was not expecting today. I’m ready for football...

My guess is Kengera Daniel or T.J. Carter would replace him in camp? Carter was listed as his back-up on the last Depth Chart I saw, but I've heard others say positive things about Daniel's performance recently. I think it's a big drop-off either way. Paschal has NFL potential.

Stoops said his practice will be up into the first week of preparation time.

Translation, he could return the third week of fall practice. The first two weeks are install, the last two weeks are game prep.

My guess is Kengera Daniel or T.J. Carter would replace him in camp? Carter was listed as his back-up on the last Depth Chart I saw, but I've heard others say positive things about Daniel's performance recently. I think it's a big drop-off either way. Paschal has NFL potential.

I thought Carter and Tayler were mentioned. I think KD backs up Allen.

Reactions: Ky grandpa and RV2

What!!! Benny has a hangnail? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Don’t panic. This isn’t a thin team like the past. Maybe he isn’t hurt bad. Or maybe he is. Let’s find out. Paschal is good, but he isn’t the only DE on the team.

Oh I’m not going to panic. It would be nice to have your best players available. Especially Dlinemen. That’s a position we struggle at having big time players and Pascal was heading in that direction. Missing fall camp is tough.

Pascal with his quickness and speed on the inside Is what we needed up front. Hopefully he recovers sooner than projected. Missing all of fall camp is tough to overcome

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT