ADVERTISEMENT

Just got back from Columbia notes

Louis_Skunt

Senior
Oct 4, 2013
-Place is a dump. I forgot what a hell hole that town is. Athens, Clemson, Gainesville, even Knoxville is nicer. No sites to see, no history, no beautiful skyline, buildings never got upgraded and it still looks like 1975.

-The girls walking around were quite a sight. Most were trashy and the other part wore literally next to nothing. Reminded me of Bike week in Daytona. Ghetto music blaring every corner.

-The stadium was pretty loaded, almost full. Great environment. Couldn't help giggling every time they played sandstorm, what idiot decided to make a horrible 90's techno song the theme? Fits the town, though.

-I was expecting to be tormented, but the fans weren't bad this time. I think getting slaughtered by Clemson each yr humbled them a bit. And boy do they hate Clemson. I cant imagine the fights when they play.

-We walked around Riverfront Park, trip advisor named it as the top thing to do. Ive seen better scenery off New Circle road.

-Overall, it was fun. Our qb situation sucks but im not sure thats Stoops fault. We'll be fine.

-Place is a dump. I forgot what a hell hole that town is. Athens, Clemson, Gainesville, even Knoxville is nicer. No sites to see, no history, no beautiful skyline, buildings never got upgraded and it still looks like 1975.

-The girls walking around were quite a sight. Most were trashy and the other part wore literally next to nothing. Reminded me of Bike week in Daytona. Ghetto music blaring every corner.

-The stadium was pretty loaded, almost full. Great environment. Couldn't help giggling every time they played sandstorm, what idiot decided to make a horrible 90's techno song the theme? Fits the town, though.

-I was expecting to be tormented, but the fans weren't bad this time. I think getting slaughtered by Clemson each yr humbled them a bit. And boy do they hate Clemson. I cant imagine the fights when they play.

-We walked around Riverfront Park, trip advisor named it as the top thing to do. Ive seen better scenery off New Circle road.

-Overall, it was fun. Our qb situation sucks but im not sure thats Stoops fault. We'll be fine.

Chuckinden had a totally different take than you. He thought it was fine ?

Which of these is nicest in your opinion?

Athens, Clemson, Gainesville, Knoxville, Lexington

Chuckinden had a totally different take than you. He thought it was fine ?
Anybody who comes to Columbia and thinks it’s fine belongs here. I live right outside the place and it is actually a dump. It literally gets so hot at times you can smell the landfill on I-20. Its an industrial shithole. Full of insecure rednecks who try to hide it by pretending to be classy southern people. That don’t work too well once the beer gets flowing in that sun. Then the other half is the hood. It’s literally the only place I’ve ever seen that’s all rednecks and gang bangers. Nothing in between.

Anybody who comes to Columbia and thinks it’s fine belongs here. I live right outside the place and it is actually a dump. It literally gets so hot at times you can smell the landfill on I-20. Its an industrial shithole. Full of insecure rednecks who try to hide it by pretending to be classy southern people. That don’t work too well once the beer gets flowing in that sun. Then the other half is the hood. It’s literally the only place I’ve ever seen that’s all rednecks and gang bangers. Nothing in between.
Anyone who thinks Columbia is nice needs their head examined. Youre right, its very industrial looking. But the stadium and Colonial Life arena aren't half bad. Its just whats outside of it.

Reactions: UKUGA
Lived in Columbia one summer working at the Ridgeway goldmine. Circa 1989
Mist racist place I’ve ever seen.
White did not like black, black did not like white. And both sides did not hide their hate.
It was really bad (sad)

Reactions: scUKfan22
As a Gamecock fan I will admit you aren’t all that wrong about Columbia. If you aren’t getting shot, you’re being bothered by a begging bum....even in the Vista (nice part of town). You can thank the stupid mayor for turning what could be a decent small city into a crime riddle craphole.

Oh, and we really do hate Clemson more than you realize and the fights are epic!

There were many depressed neighborhoods in Columbia, but to write it off as having “no history” and “nothing to do” is wrong.

I did the State Capitol building, and a huge museum, and both were pretty damn impressive.

Main Street was pretty cool, with lots of eateries and places like in small towns in the 50’s and 60’s.

A much cooler, upper-middle Class part of town than “the Vista” was out around and passed Five Points. Lots of nice homes and semi-swanky food joints and “outfitter” type stores.

Those who write Columbia off as a “sh!t hole” might not have much experience with Deep South Cities.

There were many depressed neighborhoods in Columbia, but to write it off as having “no history” and “nothing to do” is wrong.

I did the State Capitol building, and a huge museum, and both were pretty damn impressive.

Main Street was pretty cool, with lots of eateries and places like in small towns in the 50’s and 60’s.

A much cooler, upper-middle Class part of town than “the Vista” was out around and passed Five Points. Lots of nice homes and semi-swanky food joints and “outfitter” type stores.

Those who write Columbia off as a “sh!t hole” might not have much experience with Deep South Cities.
The people make it a shithole. The city itself has some nice things. Don’t change the fact that it’s ugly and dirty you look just a Little around Williams Brice. like I said before they’ve tried to Make it look nicer but it’s still the same shorty area and you may just get shot trying to do any of the things they have. Also it is the hottest shithole ever. Just because they’re are more shitty holes in the south doesn’t make Columbia any more than what it is.

Reactions: funkbott
I've been to Columbia many times and been to WB stadium and USC and never had any issues. It is very hot and yes, they hate Clemson, wow, do they ever hate Clemson!

In my road travels around the SEC, I've observed that, if you just be cool, be respectful in enemy territory, you'll be fine. You can find trouble if you go looking for it; in any city/stadium/game environment.

Columbia just seems real dirty. My impressions of it havent been overwhelmingly positive. Ive not gone for a game. Its just not a very appealing city TBH. The stadium is very nice, though Ive not gone for a game. Just to the city. But area around it seems fairly dumpy if Im being perfectly honest.

Be honest with yourself. Has nothing to do with the game. Your city sucks. The people suck. Your fans are horrible people who scream in 12 year olds faces. You can’t handle not praising your team.

i live here in Columbia. Have been to WB three times in my life. First time I was 12. Have had people in my face every time and never said a word to one so don’t put that shit one me. I was 12 the first time and the gamescock Jesus guy was screaming in my face about basketball as my dad walked me to the car. Speaking of basketball do you know that SC students from Kentucky have been made to move from the front row of the student section or remove their Kentucky gear? Tuition paying students what got their seats fair and square treated this way because they can’t handle you cheering for the other team. The last time I was there was when me and my dad decided not to go back when we had a whole group of sc fans surround us in the stadium for standing to cheer a UK touchdown ant nothing rude on our part.

Oh well, I guess I got lucky and never had any problems. But, what you're describing there is pretty low-down pathetic on their part.

Actually, I've observed the worst behavior from "Georgia Fan" more than any others.

Reactions: RoosterBooster1
Oh well, I guess I got lucky and never had any problems. But, what you're describing there is pretty low-down pathetic on their part.

Actually, I've observed the worst behavior from "Georgia Fan" more than any others.
My wife’s office has a team colors day. She wore her UK shirt and they told her Carolina or Clemson only.

My wife’s office has a team colors day. She wore her UK shirt and they told her Carolina or Clemson only.

If it was me, I would have worn my Atlanta Braves gear and see what those office people had to say about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKUGA
Hilton Head Island.
and
iu
Kiawah...

Reactions: blubo
I particularly love the handful of random Gamecock posters coming in this thread, showing their assz and totally confirming the negative comments UK fans are expressing about their experiences. You cant fix stupid. They're always amongst the worst behaved visitors to Commonwealth Stadium in my experience.

Anyone who thinks Columbia is nice needs their head examined. Youre right, its very industrial looking. But the stadium and Colonial Life arena aren't half bad. Its just whats outside of it.
Think the stadium is really pretty and our fans , administration, cheerleaders and band directors could learn LOTS about game day experience and supporting the team...we totally sucked the game up and have put ourselves in a huge hole.

Last edited:
Sorry SC 18-12-1 all time, your biggest margin of victory was what 18 or 19 points?? LOL
Yeah 18-12-1 all time and outside of the 10 year stretch where UK was recovering from probation and SC had two hall of fame coaches fall in their lap they’re 8-12-1. That’s right 4-6 before the 10 game streak and 4-6 since. Only one of those 10 game spans can be the anomaly. Also yes the two hall of fame coaches fell in your lap, spurrier was there to play golf and drink beer.

Columbia just seems real dirty. My impressions of it havent been overwhelmingly positive. Ive not gone for a game. Its just not a very appealing city TBH. The stadium is very nice, though Ive not gone for a game. Just to the city. But area around it seems fairly dumpy if Im being perfectly honest.
They've cleaned up a lot the last 2-3 years. SEC money coming in is going straight to the team. New practice facility and more additions being made around the stadium to get rid of that image.

Reactions: RoosterBooster1
I particularly love the handful of random Gamecock posters coming in this thread, showing their assz and totally confirming the negative comments UK fans are expressing about their experiences. You cant fix stupid. They're always amongst the worst behaved visitors to Commonwealth Stadium in my experience.
You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. You got a poster talking trash about the city and their people after a loss... of course you are going to find the same trash coming here to defend it. Every fan base has their idiots.

Think the stadium is really pretty and our fans , administration, cheerleaders and band directors could learn LOTS about game day experience and supporting the team...we totally sucked the game up and have put ourselves in a huge hole.
Still plenty of football left. Would be fun to see Kentucky, Missouri, or the Gamecocks knock off Georgia and Florida a few times this season.

You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. You got a poster talking trash about the city and their people after a loss... of course you are going to find the same trash coming here to defend it. Every fan base has their idiots.
Winning or losing the game has zero to do with relaying impressions of a road trip. The facts are his impressions of your fans seems to line up with a lot of people's, including my own when y'all visit here. There's zero reason for your fans to come on here and show your collective ass, but you have, and that only reinforces the veracity of whats been said. Dont like it? Learn how to behave. Bye now.

Groucho's Deli..... What a disappointment. A sandwich shop yes/deli no way. Maybe it was at one time.........

The people make it a shithole. The city itself has some nice things. Don’t change the fact that it’s ugly and dirty you look just a Little around Williams Brice. like I said before they’ve tried to Make it look nicer but it’s still the same shorty area and you may just get shot trying to do any of the things they have. Also it is the hottest shithole ever. Just because they’re are more shitty holes in the south doesn’t make Columbia any more than what it is.

Can’t be as shitty as your grammar. You drop in periods at odd spots, randomly capitalize words, and apparently aren’t familiar with commas. My guess you never attended UK.....or any other college.

Yeah 18-12-1 all time and outside of the 10 year stretch where UK was recovering from probation and SC had two hall of fame coaches fall in their lap they’re 8-12-1. That’s right 4-6 before the 10 game streak and 4-6 since. Only one of those 10 game spans can be the anomaly. Also yes the two hall of fame coaches fell in your lap, spurrier was there to play golf and drink beer.

So it was the Russian's fault you were on Probation?? and you still were only to EVER beat SC by but what 18 or 19 points?? ROFLMAO.. I dont usually post here, Girls Trashy, just because unlike Kensucky they had all their teeth??
giphy.gif

Well, get your sorry ass out. We don’t need ass holes like you.

Little upset over the a__ kicking? I think I would just take a few cheap shots at a city that was named All American 3 times. Of course, you are more knowledgeable that most with that IQ of 45!

Well, get your sorry ass out. We don’t need ass holes like you.
Don’t worry moving back to Kentucky as soon as possible. Don’t want my kids around the gang activity that’s working it’s way into my town from Columbia. Four shootings this month.

ADVERTISEMENT