ADVERTISEMENT

Jurich vs. Barnhart

Yeah because there is no gray area between Jurich and Barnhart. And between the two, I’d still take Jurich. His only mistake was not firing Pitino.

I just said between the two. I’d rather have neither.

Yea but I don't think you'd actually pull the trigger on Jurich over Barnhart.

I would be scared to death with Jurich, with Barnhart I just know it might suck a little dealing with him, and I don't like the culture he's created.

It's like picking Aids over a light case of HepC

Yea but I don't think you'd actually pull the trigger on Jurich over Barnhart.

I would be scared to death with Jurich, with Barnhart I just know it might suck a little dealing with him, and I don't like the culture he's created.

It's like picking Aids over a light case of HepC

I may be being nieve but I don’t think Jurich could get away with at UK what he did at UL. Too many people watching. No one outside Jefferson county cares about UL, so no one was looking.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
Barnhart’s obsession with the non-revenue sports is strange to say the least. You realize the man plots at no end to win this mythical Athletic Director’s Cup, correct? It’s the competiton that somehow grades the entire athletic department’s performace in a given year. He literally would not lose sleep over men’s basketball and football if somehow the non-revenue sports pulled UK to a Top-5 or Top-3 finish.

Reactions: brianpoe
I'm a bit more reserved on this whole "we're clean and you're not" tact that many UK fans are throwing around.

Not that I think Barnhart has any idea, but there are alot of people who we have to interact with to recruit kids to both basketball and football.

After all is said and done with this FBI thing and we're unscathed, then its time for praising our own for what amounts to an incredible run in spite of not getting into the gutter.

Until then I'm not saying much to the Cardinals

There are good things about Barnhart, but he's been "unsteady" as an AD with some hits and some major misses.

We didn't end up with a Jurich because we have a very low tolerance for self serving people who put themselves above the program. That's true of AD's and coaches and is on display this year.

Jurich is a rogue AD that will get any school in trouble through his renegade practices like retaining a coach who had a show cause placed on him. Jurich didn’t care and showed that trying to run a clean program was no concern of his. He retained Pitino after a scandal no coach at any school but UL guided by Jurich could survive. He brought back Petrino that again showed winning was his only goal and nothing else mattered.

Jurich is why UL is decimated, he set the tone for corruption to breed. Don’t forget the fleecing of the foundation with nepotism and the sexual harassment issues within the athletic dept., it was wide spread issues and not just Pitino. Jurich is a cutthroat gunslinger

Yeah because there is no gray area between Jurich and Barnhart. And between the two, I’d still take Jurich. His only mistake was not firing Pitino.
Pretty easy to be a good AD with unlimited funds ripped off with the consent of the President and BOT and no fear of any repercussions or scrutiny

Reactions: YouKay
Jurich is a rogue AD that will get any school in trouble through his renegade practices like retaining a coach who had a show cause placed on him. Jurich didn’t care and showed that trying to run a clean program was no concern of his. He retained Pitino after a scandal no coach at any school but UL guided by Jurich could survive. He brought back Petrino that again showed winning was his only goal and nothing else mattered.

Jurich is why UL is decimated, he set the tone for corruption to breed. Don’t forget the fleecing of the foundation with nepotism and the sexual harassment issues within the athletic dept., it was wide spread issues and not just Pitino. Jurich is a cutthroat gunslinger

Yep. He was allowed to skirt the rules and only cared about one thing. Winning. One could argue that was his job. But it is how he did it and the power he drew to himself that allowed him to believe he was invincible. He probably still wakes up and says, what just happened. Its all on him. He was out of control and believed that there was nothing and no one who could tell him no or force him to be accountable. The University was just cover for his kingdom. He didnt care a bit about actually being a university with a mission...to educate.

[laughing] @ anyone who ever thought Turtleneck was a great AD. He was never even a good AD. He was just a crooked sack of dung who gave his coaches the green light to do whatever was necessary to win, whether it was dragging in discarded trash from other programs, hiring prostitutes for recruits, hosting stripper parties, covering up things like a dead cheerleader in a football player's room, covering up teammates assaulting another teammate, covering up football players (and an unnamed/underage "cheerleader) being shot at a private party to the outright paying of players and other transgressions to numerous to mention. He was also a "creative" money manager, and hopefully when all the dust has settled that will land him a job picking up trash along the side of the highway in an orange jumpsuit. Turtleneck vs Barnhart? You take Mitch 1,000 times out of a 1,000. [laughing]

Yep. He was allowed to skirt the rules and only cared about one thing. Winning. One could argue that was his job. But it is how he did it and the power he drew to himself that allowed him to believe he was invincible. He probably still wakes up and says, what just happened. Its all on him. He was out of control and believed that there was nothing and no one who could tell him no or force him to be accountable. The University was just cover for his kingdom. He didnt care a bit about actually being a university with a mission...to educate.

The thing that really stuck with me as Turtleneck was exposed was his statement that he didn't like to use text or email because "those things can be used against you". Turtleneck isn't fit to supervise a crew of street sweepers, let alone an athletic department.

The Louisville media was complicit in allowing Jurich get away with his misdeeds. Jurich had them under his thumb because UL was the largest advertiser in the local media. No one would dare cross him or they would put their job a risk. If Jurich were at UK, no way would the Louisville media be silent about any ill deeds. They love to air any dirty laundry from UK. His operating methods just wouldn't have worked at UK.

This.

I don’t think Mitch is a great AD by any means, but anyone is crazy to take Turtleneck over Mitch.

Turtleneck is a utter scumbag and crook. Keep him away from your school and students. Would it shock anyone if he was bankrolling the hookers? Of course not.

Reactions: JDHoss and Ugoff
There was definitely cork in that bat.
Might have been a triple walled DiMarini.

One thing that strikes me in all this is that even after retaining Hurtt with a show cause, bringing back a snake as head coach, covering up a player beating and 3 shootings, vouching for Willie Williams, stealing playbooks, and "finding" a dead cheerleader in a player's apartment, the football program has gotten by relatively unscathed.

[laughing] @ anyone who ever thought Turtleneck was a great AD. He was never even a good AD. He was just a crooked sack of dung who gave his coaches the green light to do whatever was necessary to win, whether it was dragging in discarded trash from other programs, hiring prostitutes for recruits, hosting stripper parties, covering up things like a dead cheerleader in a football player's room, covering up teammates assaulting another teammate, covering up football players (and an unnamed/underage "cheerleader) being shot at a private party to the outright paying of players and other transgressions to numerous to mention. He was also a "creative" money manager, and hopefully when all the dust has settled that will land him a job picking up trash along the side of the highway in an orange jumpsuit. Turtleneck vs Barnhart? You take Mitch 1,000 times out of a 1,000. [laughing]

His best trait as AD, besides being the PT Barnum of self promotion, was his ability to have the buck never get to his desk. All this stuff goes on in HIS department...yet none of his fans or the media, blamed him or tried to hold him accountable. One exception....Papa John Schnatter. I eat his pizza once again.

Reactions: JDHoss
His best trait as AD, besides being the PT Barnum of self promotion, was his ability to have the buck never get to his desk. All this stuff goes on in HIS department...yet none of his fans blamed him or tried to hold him accountable. One exception....Papa John Schnatter. I eat his pizza once again.

One of the Blue brothers called out Jurich/UL at the same time as Papa John. It was the brother that moved to Texas to get away from UL's real estate monopoly and not the one that got cucked by Charlie Strong.

Charlie-Strong-Tracy-Jonathan-Blue.jpg

Reactions: JDHoss
What AD hasn't made a bad hire? Also, it wasn't a bad hire at the time, fans loved Gillispie in the beginning and were all for it.

Let's not confuse opinion with fact. May have been a lot of fans who loved that hire, but there were also a lot of them who thought it was a quick trigger. I always thought a more thorough background check should have been in order.

Calipari can tell 18 year old kids UK may not be the place for you, I think an AD should have a real good idea if the face of your university is going to be at the right place as well. Turns out he was not, and that's on the AD.

Although he would never voice it I bet Mitch loved the implosion at u6. You know he knew how Jurich was operating. Had to listen to all that crap about how he was the greatest AD of all time. Media singing his praises. Not hard to be good at a job when you can syphon unlimited funds and beat on people with no chance of repercussions. Also the local media is complicit for their ostrich approach to all the impropriety. Many of them bought off with trips etc

I don't think I need to say any more. Not seeing many of you Jurich slobberers longing for the top AD in the land. LOL.

That was such a load of garbage. MB has kept us relevant and legal. Velcro banners? Not on his watch.
From the looks of it Jurich was a crook and took UofL for a ride while making millions out of the deal.

Reactions: UKspecial38
ADVERTISEMENT