ADVERTISEMENT

Jurich tells UL

Even if the President and Board come to the conclusion, based on pressure from boosters, that Jurich should not be fired, I can't imagine them actually keeping him for one simple fact--he would then become untouchable and would rule the roost at UofL, even more so than he already did.

"I would be willing to come back as AD" .
4MMbV_s-200x150.gif

Even if the President and Board come to the conclusion, based on pressure from boosters, that Jurich should not be fired, I can't imagine them actually keeping him for one simple fact--he would then become untouchable and would rule the roost at UofL, even more so than he already did.

Governor supports his return too. Seems to me it would be an even worse move than keeping Pitino for as long as they did.

They've already given a contract to Tyra. Doubt Jurich will be back, but due to ul ineptitude, he will be paid for the next year. Who gives someone a contract that says if we fire you for cause we still pay you for a year? Fair board must have helped negotiate that one.

There has been a lot of pressure to keep him. I won’t be surprised if he is back.

Reactions: BoxterS
What if the kid really did not know about the bribe. Wouldn’t that be a lousy thing to do to ur kid.

Cam Newton skated but I think they clean send that loophole .

If the Board of Trustees allows Jurich back, then you are publicly undercutting the authority of Postel, which never looks good, especially given Jurich's insubordination and refusal to follow the directives of Postel.

If the Board of Trustees allows Jurich back, then you are publicly undercutting the authority of Postel, which never looks good, especially given Jurich's insubordination and refusal to follow the directives of Postel.
True, but what's undermining the chain of command compared to winning a few more ballgames?

Reactions: awf
Jurich is the one that brought the cheating/scandal culture to UL.
This isn't even close to being true, in fact, it is completely false. I'm not going to go into the probations or the times they skated, I'll just mention that Crum was the lead recruiter for Wooden in 3 of his championships. I'm not saying Sam Gilbert helped Crum when he came to Louisville, but the caliber of player Louisville pulled in took an immediate leap with his arrival. Definitely not your typical Metro Conference athletes.

edit: when Crum came to Louisville they were in the Missouri Valley Conference, it would be four more years before they made the leap up to big time Metro Conference play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cindog28
There has been a lot of pressure to keep him. I won’t be surprised if he is back.
David Grissom eats pressure and craps thunder.

Heh. Seriously, I'll be shocked if Jurich is retained. First, I heard today that the amount of money they'll owe him (if they can't establish that he was let go for cause) is like $6-8 million. I thought it was closer to 20. There are some who are just fan boys. Like Patterson. They won't be taken seriously. Others will more legitimately point out that fundraising will likely suffer for a while if Jurich goes. They'll make the case they can't afford to let him go.

Grissom is thinking long term - and he'll make the case the University can't afford to keep him. And Grissom has the votes.

He can't quit he got fired, how about get out of Kentucky and get in to the sanitation business and clean the dirt off of your filthy resume.

I never count Louisville out when it comes to doing dumb stuff. I would enjoy it if they brought him back. they are like the gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions: awf
Whether Jurich comes back or not will be decided by the NCAA, you can bet some at Louisville have reached out to the NCAA. If the NCAA wants Jurich gone, no amount of boosters or money is going to keep him there. Louisville is dumb, but they aren't that damn dumb, they aren't going to antagonize the NCAA and suffer more severe sanctions.

What if the kid really did not know about the bribe. Wouldn’t that be a lousy thing to do to ur kid.

Cam Newton skated but I think they clean send that loophole .
Parents know the rules and they are adults. That's who is doing it to their own kids.

Reactions: 59coop
Whether Jurich comes back or not will be decided by the NCAA, you can bet some at Louisville have reached out to the NCAA. If the NCAA wants Jurich gone, no amount of boosters or money is going to keep him there. Louisville is dumb, but they aren't that damn dumb, they aren't going to antagonize the NCAA and suffer more severe sanctions.
After the UNC debacle, I think schools will care a lot less about what and if the NCAA has any recommendations regarding anyone's employees and rightfully so.

I think every school should just give them the middle finger

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
They've already given a contract to Tyra. Doubt Jurich will be back, but due to ul ineptitude, he will be paid for the next year. Who gives someone a contract that says if we fire you for cause we still pay you for a year? Fair board must have helped negotiate that one.

Tyra does not have an official contract although he might have one by tomorrow. This according to Dirty Bird radio this AM. It has yet to be ratified by the Board of Trustees.

https://louisville.247sports.com/Ar...ontracts-for-David-Padgett-Vince-Ty-109015939

Bowens parents were living in the galt house....so they knew
I know. That's why I said they are the ones doing it to their own kids. The kids can blame their parents for it and not the schools or the NCAA.

I know. That's why I said they are the ones doing it to their own kids. The kids can blame their parents for it and not the schools or the NCAA.
Yea, I should have been more clear. I guess I was just agreeing with you and adding something. Its kind of sad and the slime goes all the way from the parents to the AD. It all just needs to be cleaned up

Reactions: Deli owl
ADVERTISEMENT