ADVERTISEMENT

Julius Scearce

Comebakatz3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2008
I don't think we have featured him in the past, but I'm forgetful... so, just in case:

Julius Scearce signed with UK last night. He is a 2021 middle infielder from Lexington, KY. Seems to project pretty well. Sounds like he doesn't have great arm strength, but looks like he runs well and can hit the ball with some power.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/PlayerProfile.aspx?ID=493481

Nice speed. Looks like we have alot of middle infielders committed again. Athletic type guys who can put the bat on the ball. Probably will provide depth.

Signing MIF’s that may be able to transition to the OF if needed.

Scearce looks like 2B to me.

Could be, but UK is very thin on outfielders.

Hill, Rhodes, Shelby, Anu, Bryan, King, and Liebert are the only ones listed as outfielders. Anu is apparently a defensive liability out there. King has not really flashed anything worthwhile in the fall (just a freshy though). Liebert is a catcher/outfielder. Bryan is injured and my understanding is that he was going to transfer in the summer, but couldn't find a place to land and asked to come back. So, we really only have 3 guys at this point that we can rely on in the OF...

Shelby and Hill will very likely be gone after this year, as will Anu and Bryan. So, that leaves Rhodes as the only returner for 2021. UK then has one guy coming in that is listed as an OF prospect. So, it would seem that someone will have to move around to begin to fill one of those spots. Scearce may be one of those that can do that.

Reactions: BluegrassBaseball
Late signing. What were his other offers?

I would assume we will hit the JUCO ranks again and find an outfielder or two.

Late signing. What were his other offers?

I would assume we will hit the JUCO ranks again and find an outfielder or two.

Looks like he committed in July of 2018. So, he just signed official papers last night.

I don't think we have featured him in the past, but I'm forgetful... so, just in case:

Julius Scearce signed with UK last night. He is a 2021 middle infielder from Lexington, KY. Seems to project pretty well. Sounds like he doesn't have great arm strength, but looks like he runs well and can hit the ball with some power.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/PlayerProfile.aspx?ID=493481
Is his dad Michael ? Remember a Michael Scearce basketball player back in the day.

ADVERTISEMENT