ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Allen and Bunchy Stallings make ESPN's mid-season All-American list

I understand why Benny isn't on there. Travis Etienne is a beast and Taylor just had a good game vs. Michigan and has rushed for 100 yards every game this year. I'm just happy for Bunchy, because I think the way he's playing right now will get him drafted. Allen is obviously going to get drafted. Mel Kiper Jr had him going 14th overall in his latest mock draft. .

Reactions: STL_Cat
I understand why Benny isn't on there. Travis Etienne is a beast and Taylor just had a good game vs. Michigan and has rushed for 100 yards every game this year. I'm just happy for Bunchy, because I think the way he's playing right now will get him drafted. Allen is obviously going to get drafted. Mel Kiper Jr had him going 14th overall in his latest mock draft. .
1. Etienne has racked up big yardage vs. Georgia Southern, Ga Tech, Syracuse and Wake Forest. He put up 44 yards vs. Texas AM. For the year he has 761 yards rushing
2. Benny has put up 691 yards rushing....but it's been vs. Texas AM (60 yards), Florida, Miss St and South Carolina. We pulled him vs. Murray St for only 75 yards..but we're not padding his stats vs. scrubs.

I know we are sort of SEC biased (and I have no idea if Syracuse, Wake, Ga Tech, etc..are good defensive teams. But I know the SEC teams we are rushing against at good teams...so I have a hard time putting Etienne ahead of Benny to be honest.

Also, I'd add Darius West should be in a national debate as a top tier safety. He's been amazing this year in pass and rush defense.

1. Etienne has racked up big yardage vs. Georgia Southern, Ga Tech, Syracuse and Wake Forest. He put up 44 yards vs. Texas AM. For the year he has 761 yards rushing
2. Benny has put up 691 yards rushing....but it's been vs. Texas AM (60 yards), Florida, Miss St and South Carolina. We pulled him vs. Murray St for only 75 yards..but we're not padding his stats vs. scrubs.

I know we are sort of SEC biased (and I have no idea if Syracuse, Wake, Ga Tech, etc..are good defensive teams. But I know the SEC teams we are rushing against at good teams...so I have a hard time putting Etienne ahead of Benny to be honest.

Also, I'd add Darius West should be in a national debate as a top tier safety. He's been amazing this year in pass and rush defense.
West will be a steal for somebody.

Benny deserves honorable mention here but leaving him out isn’t egregious.

I love that Bunchy is getting this much deserved love. I hope this translates into a good draft position for him. We should see more OLinemen getting drafted over the next few years.

Snell is currently #8 nationally for rushing yds, #7 for rushing TDs, #11 for Yards/Game, and #55 for yards/carry. So, the idea that some other RBs would be more deserving is not outrageous. The defenses he will face in the second half of the season may permit him to bounce back up in the rankings. While Missouri is #15 in rushing defense and UGA is #20, UT is currently #65, Vandy #74, Midd. Tenn #107, and UL #118.

Allen is a no-brainer.

I love that Bunchy is getting this much deserved love. I hope this translates into a good draft position for him. We should see more OLinemen getting drafted over the next few years.

Snell is currently #8 nationally for rushing yds, #7 for rushing TDs, #11 for Yards/Game, and #55 for yards/carry. So, the idea that some other RBs would be more deserving is not outrageous. The defenses he will face in the second half of the season may permit him to bounce back up in the rankings. While Missouri is #15 in rushing defense and UGA is #20, UT is currently #65, Vandy #74, Midd. Tenn #107, and UL #118.

Allen is a no-brainer.

Missouri’s run defense being so high is more of a product that they have played few teams with solid running attacks, and that they themselves have a very good offense, which teams try to outgun. Against Georgia they gave up over 170 yards on the ground, and against Alabama they gave up around 190 on the ground. They were also gashed for over 250 in the air against both. South Carolina only had a little over 100 on the ground, but I wouldn’t say that USCE has the most dangerous running attack. After that, they’ve played pretty much no one with a solid run game. Purdue is a passing team that threw for 572 yards against them, and never really tried to run the ball. That game alone is really skewing their numbers. It will be interesting to see how their run defense holds up against us considering we will be the first team to really rely heavily on the run and very little on the pass. At least, that is what we should do after last week’s letdown.

Without Benny we probably have 3 wins right now and are nothing special. Benny is absolutely better than either of the two backs listed but more than that he's something that neither of them are. A legit MVP level player. Clemson and Wisconsin are both good without those backs. UK doesn't win 5 games this year without Benny.

Reactions: mktmaker
Without Benny we probably have 3 wins right now and are nothing special. Benny is absolutely better than either of the two backs listed but more than that he's something that neither of them are. A legit MVP level player. Clemson and Wisconsin are both good without those backs. UK doesn't win 5 games this year without Benny.

Benny Snell is arguably the best back we’ve ever had at Kentucky, so from that perspective I’ll get on board with the credit you’re giving him.

But UK also has by the numbers right now one of the best defenses in the country. Saying this team wouldn’t win 5 games without a RB is disrespectful to the great defense. Jmho

I'm beginning to think that Stallings' draft stock is rising. He was sort of considered a borderline draft pick going into this year, but now I think it's a question of when, not if, he gets picked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT