ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Jones....

Great for him...super talent , but seemed to have issues. Remember Marcus Spears saying his junior year that there was not a better LB in the SEC...has he given up trying make an nfl roster?

Really good to see him finish! Hope he's still playing, but hope his professional career outside of football gets as much passion as he gave us on the field!

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Jones seemed to get things more controlled his senior season and became more of a team player, but I suspect he was a handful for the staff. Praise goes to Stoops and the staff for guiding JJ and not giving up on him.
And give JJ credit for perseverance and the will to do what will surely make his life much better! Wonder if he'll get into coaching now?

Reactions: Soupbean
Jones seemed to get things more controlled his senior season and became more of a team player, but I suspect he was a handful for the staff. Praise goes to Stoops and the staff for guiding JJ and not giving up on him.

He had kind of a strange trajectory. Basically was only out of control, as I recall, as a junior. The other years he was good. Early he was just inexperienced and played as such. Then his junior year he wasn't disciplined in any way. His senior year he very much played within himself and was much better.

His career IIRC...

Freshman year: lots of promised but sidelined early with bad ankle injury
Sophomore year: breakout star but made more plays than he should due to everyone else not great around him
Junior year: bad attitude, banged up, less production but that was good cause others around him were getting better
Senior year: banged up, played within himself

I use to tailgate with a group that included his CATS tutor. She struggled with him doing his academic work, but said he was a good kid and respectful to her. I'm sure she's really proud he went back to school to finish his degree.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
I'm really happy for Jordan, I'm glad he stuck it out and got his degree. That will pay off for him in the long run where other players seem to just walk away after their playing days are over and not finish up their degrees. I'll never understand why players don't finish their degree after their playing days are over. I wish him nothing but the best.

Reactions: Soupbean
Good for him. I know he had his issues with different things both on and off the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT