ADVERTISEMENT

Jontay Porter to Mizzou

UK2KJAG

Sophomore
May 8, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Michae Porter's 5 star 2018 PF brother has committed to Cuonzo and Mizzou. According to Jerry Meyer there's a strong chance he reclassifies and joins their strong 2017 haul. How many games into the season does Cuonzo draw comparisons to Johnny Jones?

Michae Porter's 5 star 2018 PF brother has committed to Cuonzo and Mizzou. According to Jerry Meyer there's a strong chance he reclassifies and joins their strong 2017 haul. How many games into the season does Cuonzo draw comparisons to Johnny Jones?
Cuonzo hasn't stayed put long enough to show anyone he can coach all this talent he oddly is able to haul in. Truth be told, given he's really proven nothing, anywhere, I predict it will come out at some point he has been pulling a few "strings" on recruiting these top 5-stars. I mean, seriously...Missouri? At least California was, well, in California. UT had more to offer than pathetic Missouri. Something stinks around Mr. Martin, if you ask me...

Cuonzo hasn't stayed put long enough to show anyone he can coach all this talent he oddly is able to haul in. Truth be told, given he's really proven nothing, anywhere, I predict it will come out at some point he has been pulling a few "strings" on recruiting these top 5-stars. I mean, seriously...Missouri? At least California was, well, in California. UT had more to offer than pathetic Missouri. Something stinks around Mr. Martin, if you ask me...
Something smells, It is getting really strong, what was the Lynard SkyNard song

Reactions: UKvisitor
Why are so many players able to reclassify? Is it players who are in prep school after HS? Seems like a lot of guys are reclassifiying the past few years.

Wooo that smell. Can't you smell that smell.
71ba90d515b44ef8cf2168734973897a.jpg

Why are so many players able to reclassify? Is it players who are in prep school after HS? Seems like a lot of guys are reclassifiying the past few years.
Because the NCAA has pretty much jettisoned college board scores as a factor in qualifying. And because you're getting a ton of kids who are racking up credits through online stuff.

Varies from case to case, though. Andre Drummond and Nerlens Noel went to to public schools their first 2 years, then to prep schools after that, classifying down a year when they transferred to give them the best chance of meeting college requirements. They got their academics in enough order that they ended up not needing the extra year. KAT was pretty much a HS redshirt, held back because it seemed like the best way to ensure that he got college interest. Then it became pretty obvious that wasn't really necessary.

The Porters have been home schooled all through HS, and I guess they're meeting whatever the requirements are on that well enough.

Honestly, the NCAA has seemed to have a major change in philosophy on academic eligibility the last 20 years. How much of it is just for appearance sake, I don't know, but the the idea has certainly seemed to shift from "set bare minimums, and if they can't meet them, there's no way they can pretend to be college students" to "give (almost) everyone a shot, and try to do right by them". Back when Prop 48 first went into effect, you were seeing nearly 20% of the top 100 recruits have to sit out a year or play JUCO ball. Now a player has to really go out of his way to not be eligible to play.

ADVERTISEMENT