ADVERTISEMENT

John Wall traded for Russell Westbrook

Harden has been top 5 in steals for two years in a row I believe. HIs defense wasn't so much bad 5 years ago, he didn't try. But he's a super star SG, he's not SUPPOSED to focus his energy on defense.

His defense has been decent, at worst, the last few years. Anyone that says he's an awful defender is just rehasing talking points from 2015 and proves they aren't really following the game.

The times I watch and I’ll admit it’s less than 15 games a year, he gives very little effort on the defensive end yet it always snowbirding for the ball. Snowbirding occurs maybe 3-4 times a game. If I’m one of the other 4 guys, I’m up his ass to help out some. Oh yes he can score but then his man will beat him down the floor and score almost immediately.

Rockets fans on social media are debating if they would trade Harden for Luka straight up.. and I'm absolutely floored the majority of them would opt to keep Harden.

Those people you're seeing post that stuff must be more Harden fans than Rockets fans. The Rockets would trade Harden for Luka Doncic in a second if they could. No way the Mavs would, though.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I also fight with Jets fans who don't want to trade the inevitable Trevor Lawrence pick, not understanding that TL is only going to become broken on the Jets.

As for T-Law and the Jets, I at least get where Jets fans would be coming from since Lawrence is considered to be the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, who was thought to basically be flawless coming out of Stanford. Plus the Jets at least have a new GM in place. Of course they need to get rid of Adam Gase and bring in a real coach, otherwise yes, Lawrence or any QB there would be wasted.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Probably cause Westbrook is disgruntled and they just want to get rid of him.

It’s actually Harden he wants Paul out who was a way better fit and when Westbrook couldn’t do it he had another hissy fit so they shipped Westbrook out. Houston won’t win in the West because they mortgaged their future to try and win the past 3 years now. Hope Wall is healthy first and foremost though.

Reactions: JerseyCat84
As for T-Law and the Jets, I at least get where Jets fans would be coming from since Lawrence is considered to be the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, who was thought to basically be flawless coming out of Stanford. Plus the Jets at least have a new GM in place. Of course they need to get rid of Adam Gase and bring in a real coach, otherwise yes, Lawrence or any QB there would be wasted.

My thoughts on it, up until a few weeks ago.. was that Darnold was still good so long as he had a somewhat decent team. But the team got healthy.. Mims, Becton and Williams are playing very well, and he's still struggling.

So we have to take TL.

Which, I'm ok with.. but really was hoping Darnold would be good, we'd trade the TL pick for a buttload of talent, and the Jets would have a very talented team that had little salary restraints.

My thoughts on it, up until a few weeks ago.. was that Darnold was still good so long as he had a somewhat decent team. But the team got healthy.. Mims, Becton and Williams are playing very well, and he's still struggling.

So we have to take TL.

Which, I'm ok with.. but really was hoping Darnold would be good, we'd trade the TL pick for a buttload of talent, and the Jets would have a very talented team that had little salary restraints.

This is a strong QB class, though. Lawrence is the top guy, but Justin Fields has been lighting it up for Ohio State the last two years save for two bad games. Then you also have Zach Wilson at BYU gaining a ton of hype as well as Trey Lance at North Dakota State whose been talked about frequently. Then there's also Mac Jones at Alabama and Kyle Trask at Florida who have gotten some first round talk as well, and they've done it against SEC competition, whereas Wilson and Lance have not.

I'm definitely not saying the Jets would or should trade back to get a haul for Lawrence and target anyone I just mentioned, or even move up for say, Jones or Trask after passing on Lawrence and going in a direction other than QB after trading back from 1, but I am saying I see more options for them in 2021 if they wait than they'd have had the last couple years. This past year, it was Burrow/Tua/Herbert who all went in the first six picks and then a ton of question marks after that. The year before was even worse with Murray and Daniel Jones. And Jones isn't exactly doing great for the Giants

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT