ADVERTISEMENT

John Wall and his struggles.

There is a wise old adage you need to take to heart. When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

You apparently know little about serious mental health issues and/or deep depressions. Naomi Judd is a sad example of just how obtuse you're being.

Money simply doesn't fix these things. Mental health recovery is a personal battle and the enemy is unimpressed with your bank account.
Exactly right. Naomi Judd and add Robin Williams and many others who had plentiful money. Extreme depression doesn't recognize rich or poor, it has no prejudice and can attack anyone. Obviously, this other poster can't recognize that and show any compassion for another human being with major problems. Money can't stop depression where a person is to the point of considering suicide.

I've literally lived with constant depression from the time we rotated home in 2009. At least I got diagnosed with PTSD so the government sends me money every month. But I still work. I've tried every medication know to man. I've literally taken 3 Xanax bars, as prescribed by the VA, and it calms down for a bit but I get get no sleep. I don't know why but fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, killing people and carrying my friends body parts, finding dead bodies every day.

Every night I may sleep 2-4 hours before the nightmares wake me up. It feels like shit. I'm finally going to see a psychiatrist so maybe they can help. I just not have felt right since my first deployment. I've said it before but I think I lost my soul over there. Sorry for the book.

Have you tried hallucinogenic therapy? I’ve seriously heard wonderful things and had someone at work do an Iowaska (not sure how you spell it?) retreat that was an Iraqi veteran with PTSD (seriously) and she came back a completely changed person. I’d recommend looking into it.

This is complete nonsense for the most part. Recreating your life and altering your entire environment can be extremely beneficial to the point where many undiagnosable / or even diagnosable symptoms can literally evaporate. Obviously it’s not a one size fits all, but to compare environmental change agents to drugs as a “temporary fix” is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read on this board.

Your environment can create huge problems for your life. You do not look past your environmental factors as a temporary fix lol. Where on earth are you getting this? Again, nothing is a one size fits all, but there are many reasons why environmental factors play a very significant role in healing processes for many causes of mental discomfort or even diagnosable problems.

And why are you saying rich people have depression “because “ they can’t identify with who they are? Each individual is different, that includes wealthy people. They could be depressed for many reasons, none of which have to be an identity crisis.

This is what I mean when it comes to mental health. If you’re not trained in this, you really should not throw opinions around. And if you are trained in it, you need to pick a better college and go back. You’re not even close.
What is depression?

When I grew up (I'm in my mid 50's), depression was a clinical term and people who were actually diagnosed by a medical doctor (not a psychologist of today) with depression were prescribed prescription medication. I have a retired psychiatrist in my family and that person admits that nothing ever changed. That person was never cured. Despite the couch talks and suicidal talk every week, month and year, those patients kept getting anti-depressants. Why were those people depressed? Job loss, marriage troubles, death of loved one, infidelity victim or the one perpetrating infidelity (guilty feelings), sexual identity, family strife.

Fast forward to today, the term "depression" is over used. Way way way over used and over indulged.

And it has just been shown via long term scientific research that depression is not improved by introducing certain chemicals (aka prescription meds) to the sufferer.

John Wall is not unlike my high school classmate who lost a very close loved one and was very down/sad about it. That's real loss. Cry it out. Mourning is part of the human experience and should not be avoided.

John Wall is not unlike many others who feel their employer does not want them. That has happened to me. I've worked for bosses who I didn't like and/or they didn't like me. But I had to work and I'm sure John wants to work, too.

John Wall is also not unique in having health problems. His torn achilles and now sitting out for a year and not being sure he can return, that's happened to too many people to count in all walks of life.

Will taking a vacation or even changing ones environment change any of the above circumstances for John Wall? Most likely being allowed to go to another team will but that might not work either with the Clippers. The bright lights for sports are hotter and brighter in LA than in Houston or DC.

No, I don't know everything. I'm just saying that environment, job, even circumstances (including the seemingly unfair), health issues...all of it....is experienced by everyone in life. Rich, poor, athlete to fan, proud to humble, .....literally everyone on this planet who has ever lived on it will go through crap, depressing, saddening, maddening...crap.

No drug, no month long vacation to the Maldives, no stable of high end cars, string of model dates, and adulation of fickle fans...will provide John Wall, me or you or the other 8 billion people currently on Earth nor the multi-billion who left it the bliss of not having some terrible sadness and loss and unfair treatment.

And this is not about John Wall. nor UK basketball. MJ has had divorce and constant need to validate himself. Magic went through his HIV scare. Bowie and his injury and shortened career. K losing 2 big final signature games. Tom Brady and Gisele supposedly on the rocks a little even after all their combined wealth and career accomplishments.

Not ridiculous by any means.

Have you tried hallucinogenic therapy? I’ve seriously heard wonderful things and had someone at work do an Iowaska (not sure how you spell it?) retreat that was an Iraqi veteran with PTSD (seriously) and she came back a completely changed person. I’d recommend looking into it.
Already have an ahuasca retreat planned for November. I should have tried this already.
I think my problems come from guilt of what I did. Def some survival guilt as well. The horrific shit I saw makes all my dreams like the most violent fever dreams ever. Faces. Dead fallen brothers whitish purple faces. My insomnia started on my first deployment. You're on the highest alert 24/7. Slipping up for just one second gets you killed. I've never been able to turn it off since. I hope the retreat can let me face all of these things and help me get past the broken record player in my head. I've tried everything else. Sorry man, this isn't the place to go on a tangent. Thank you for the suggestion regardless bro.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Already have an ahuasca retreat planned for November. I should have tried this already.
I think my problems come from guilt of what I did. Def some survival guilt as well. The horrific shit I saw makes all my dreams like the most violent fever dreams ever. Faces. Dead fallen brothers whitish purple faces. My insomnia started on my first deployment. You're on the highest alert 24/7. Slipping up for just one second gets you killed. I've never been able to turn it off since. I hope the retreat can let me face all of these things and help me get past the broken record player in my head. I've tried everything else. Sorry man, this isn't the place to go on a tangent. Thank you for the suggestion regardless bro.

Good luck to you my man, can’t even imagine going through what you did

Nobody is laughing with you.

Funny, you didn't have a reply for my other two quotes saying what a disgusting human being you are, yet you reply to negate this? I guess you don't disagree with the dozens of comments here calling you out on your constant horrible takes.
Literally dont care what a bunch of internet random say, I didnt meet wall except one time at a party. Cousins was cool with me though. Really like Boogie. Wall was pretty full of himself in college and if there were cancel culture today he might've been canceled before he was able to be drafted.

Also yeah everyones so worried for mental health but jump to try and bully me. Thats some hypocrisy at its finest.

I think @Rupp'sRunt has the most accurate avatar of anyone on this site.
Yes I say what others won’t even if you’re thinking it. Believe it or not a lot of ppl will respect you for it IRL, especially in private conversations. I personally don’t care what others think of me on a message board so have at it, turns into an echo chamber on here which is sadder than being an individual thinker. JMO

Yes I say what others won’t even if you’re thinking it. Believe it or not a lot of ppl will respect you for it IRL, especially in private conversations. I personally don’t care what others think of me on a message board so have at it, turns into an echo chamber on here which is sadder than being an individual thinker. JMO

You can justify a lot of bs that way for sure.

People think it’s real easy to take a life. It is t. And luckily I’ve never had to nor been in a situation where I bad to.

Yiu we’re in a situation where it’s kill or be killed. No more no less. I know that doesn’t easy the guilt per se. But if it helps to logically rationalize that way I hope it eases your strife a bit.

I appreciate your service. And I’m glad you’re trying something new to seek help. Realize that’s hard too. But seeking help is not weakness, it’s wisdom. I still struggle with that.

I can somewhat relate to the 24/7 thing too. Just for different reasons. When I was caregiving I was always awaiting the next fall or medical crises. Trying to sleep I would always wonder “Is this the night something happens and I can’t help them. Or will we have to go to the hospital? And then face scrutiny and competency questions? What if something happens to me? What if I het sick or hurt? Who takes care of them?”, etc. Having to be “on” like that all the time is exhausting! I still struggle with saying “It’s ok to to rest. It’s ok….” That’s why basketball is such a welcome distraction. I can’t watch games and not feel guilty. I can watch our Cats play and say “It’s ok to enjoy something. And there’s a life beyond the hurt.”

Hugs to you. We’re going to be ok. Even if it takes time.

Reactions: jimmybuffet123
Ben Simmons went on a mental leave this year and the board roasts him soooo idk its a weird split on here.

Beyond the obvious differences between Wall and Simmons circumstances, children justify their bad behavior by the bad behavior of others. A grown ass man doing it is just straight up pathetic.

Literally dont care what a bunch of internet random say, I didnt meet wall except one time at a party. Cousins was cool with me though. Really like Boogie. Wall was pretty full of himself in college and if there were cancel culture today he might've been canceled before he was able to be drafted.

Also yeah everyones so worried for mental health but jump to try and bully me. Thats some hypocrisy at its finest.
Bullying you??? You are joking right? You come to this forum and have literally some of the worst takes on the topics you choose to comment on and expect a bunch of internet randoms to just sit back and watch?

If you didn't care, you wouldn't reply back. If you didn't care, you wouldn't make the comments you make. Hypocrisy is you talking about cancel culture and then coming on here making offensive and rude statements and expecting us to not hold you accountable. GTFO with that nonsense.

I know @Smashcat posted a tweet about this in the other John Wall thread but but I felt this really deserves its own thread and read.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-...N-qUYBeWaBPfYJaomnPuN7-WrdBQoSlmOGOFLZo-Cd4og

I cried reading this. Because minus the Achilles injury I know what he went through. Mom didn’t die from cancer but when you have bad circulation from paraplegia sometime sores just struggle to heal and despite your best and most sincere efforts they get infected. And you have to watch all medical efforts fail and watch a body just give out. My Mom fought hard. She didn’t want to go. And I know Wall’s did too. Hearing how his mom was wearing the same clothes for threes days in a row hit so close to home and broke my heart. My mom would never wear the same thing twice much. So to hear her tell me she was too just tired to change clothes even with my help crushed my heart. That line really hurt. Losing our dog not long after that was just another shit. Id never considered suicide in my life but last October was hard guys. Really hard. I’m better now but I get where Wall is coming from. Some days are still hard here and there.

Men, young kings and old, it’s ok to have feelings. It’s ok not to be ok. And it’s ok to ask for help. That’s not weakness it’s wisdom.

I know we have had several members here go through rough crap. Especially the last three years. I know we get heated and snippy sometimes but this has often been a place for venting or asking for positive vibes and prayers. I’m thankful for a great deal of the interactions here. When I lost my mom I had to tell it here, just because she was the biggest UK fan I knew and you all would get what it meant to lose someone like that in your life.

Feel free to yammer here if you need to. I’m always glad to lend an ear, because I get it. Life is just hard sometimes.

God Bless John Wall. He’s such a sweet man.
Well said brother!

Beyond the obvious differences between Wall and Simmons circumstances, children justify their bad behavior by the bad behavior of others. A grown ass man doing it is just straight up pathetic.
Everyone said Simmons was trash for a year. Literally 90% of nba fans so maybe that would get to some ppl. What’s the obvious difference?

Bullying you??? You are joking right? You come to this forum and have literally some of the worst takes on the topics you choose to comment on and expect a bunch of internet randoms to just sit back and watch?

If you didn't care, you wouldn't reply back. If you didn't care, you wouldn't make the comments you make. Hypocrisy is you talking about cancel culture and then coming on here making offensive and rude statements and expecting us to not hold you accountable. GTFO with that nonsense.
Post over your head obviously.

Wall was full of himself?

Why do you write that? What do you base that on? The one time you met him at a party? If so, is that a good gauge for who someone actually is, a mere brief interaction at a party?

Everyone said Simmons was trash for a year. Literally 90% of nba fans so maybe that would get to some ppl. What’s the obvious difference?

Wall had a potentially career ending injury and his mother died. Ben Simmons choked in the playoffs and people were mean to him. Surely even your dumb ass can see the difference in these two things. Seek help bro. You’re not the maverick you think you are.

ADVERTISEMENT