ADVERTISEMENT

John Wall and his struggles.

bbncal02

All-American
Nov 14, 2017
Hopkinsville
I know @Smashcat posted a tweet about this in the other John Wall thread but but I felt this really deserves its own thread and read.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-...N-qUYBeWaBPfYJaomnPuN7-WrdBQoSlmOGOFLZo-Cd4og

I cried reading this. Because minus the Achilles injury I know what he went through. Mom didn’t die from cancer but when you have bad circulation from paraplegia sometime sores just struggle to heal and despite your best and most sincere efforts they get infected. And you have to watch all medical efforts fail and watch a body just give out. My Mom fought hard. She didn’t want to go. And I know Wall’s did too. Hearing how his mom was wearing the same clothes for threes days in a row hit so close to home and broke my heart. My mom would never wear the same thing twice much. So to hear her tell me she was too just tired to change clothes even with my help crushed my heart. That line really hurt. Losing our dog not long after that was just another shit. Id never considered suicide in my life but last October was hard guys. Really hard. I’m better now but I get where Wall is coming from. Some days are still hard here and there.

Men, young kings and old, it’s ok to have feelings. It’s ok not to be ok. And it’s ok to ask for help. That’s not weakness it’s wisdom.

I know we have had several members here go through rough crap. Especially the last three years. I know we get heated and snippy sometimes but this has often been a place for venting or asking for positive vibes and prayers. I’m thankful for a great deal of the interactions here. When I lost my mom I had to tell it here, just because she was the biggest UK fan I knew and you all would get what it meant to lose someone like that in your life.

Feel free to yammer here if you need to. I’m always glad to lend an ear, because I get it. Life is just hard sometimes.

God Bless John Wall. He’s such a sweet man.

Oh no a man with 200M+ said he almost committed suicide. Now imagine the day to day for an average American. I do not feel bad for him at all. He got paid 45 mill to not even dribble.

edit ok I thought this was the ole cop out excuse. I’ve lost my grandparent and dad on the same day so I know it sucks.

Last edited:
Oh no a man with 200M+ said he almost committed suicide. Now imagine the day to day for an average American. I do not feel bad for him at all
Wow. If there was any doubt you weren’t a complete ass, you just removed it.

Money doesn’t make you immune to human pain. John Wall has done a lot for those less fortunate than he is. Go to bed dude.

Oh no a man with 200M+ said he almost committed suicide. Now imagine the day to day for an average American. I do not feel bad for him at all. He got paid 45 mill to not even dribble
Da phuck is wrong with you? Even if you think it, try to run that through a filter before actually saying it. Come on, man.

EDIT: anyone that has ever gone through mental health stuff knows it can happen, and it can be a very, very powerful and dark demon. How much money a person has has ZERO to do with anything. NONE!

I know @Smashcat posted a tweet about this in the other John Wall thread but but I felt this really deserves its own thread and read.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-...N-qUYBeWaBPfYJaomnPuN7-WrdBQoSlmOGOFLZo-Cd4og

I cried reading this. Because minus the Achilles injury I know what he went through. Mom didn’t die from cancer but when you have bad circulation from paraplegia sometime sores just struggle to heal and despite your best and most sincere efforts they get infected. And you have to watch all medical efforts fail and watch a body just give out. My Mom fought hard. She didn’t want to go. And I know Wall’s did too. Hearing how his mom was wearing the same clothes for threes days in a row hit so close to home and broke my heart. My mom would never wear the same thing twice much. So to hear her tell me she was too just tired to change clothes even with my help crushed my heart. That line really hurt. Losing our dog not long after that was just another shit. Id never considered suicide in my life but last October was hard guys. Really hard. I’m better now but I get where Wall is coming from. Some days are still hard here and there.

Men, young kings and old, it’s ok to have feelings. It’s ok not to be ok. And it’s ok to ask for help. That’s not weakness it’s wisdom.

I know we have had several members here go through rough crap. Especially the last three years. I know we get heated and snippy sometimes but this has often been a place for venting or asking for positive vibes and prayers. I’m thankful for a great deal of the interactions here. When I lost my mom I had to tell it here, just because she was the biggest UK fan I knew and you all would get what it meant to lose someone like that in your life.

Feel free to yammer here if you need to. I’m always glad to lend an ear, because I get it. Life is just hard sometimes.

God Bless John Wall. He’s such a sweet man.
I'm ignoring the nonsense above. I haven't lost a parent yet, lost all my grandparents but no parents. But still, I've seen the struggle for my wife when she lost her dad. It changes you, without question, and the grieving process is different for everyone. I have no doubt it would affect everything in your life, especially if you were very close. Losing my mom would be very hard for me, and that day is coming I know. If you can't find some compassion in your heart for folks enduring this kind of pain, you may eventually have to learn the hard way. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but there is no life in this world that can avoid it.

As for people who have money versus people who don't, it's irrelevant. Money can't make someone immune to suffering or depression. I do think some folks resent people who have money and they're often obsessed with it. I've known folks with very little money who are obsessed with it, and I've known folks who have a lot of it who are obsessed with it. I've also known folks on both ends of that spectrum who don't obsess over what they have or don't have. I've known wealthy people who just use their wealth to bless others. I've known poor people who would give you the shirt off their back and their last dime if it would help you.

Sorry for the rant. I pray John Wall will find some peace and rest in all this.

Wow. If there was any doubt you weren’t a complete ass, you just removed it.

Money doesn’t make you immune to human pain. John Wall has done a lot for those less fortunate than he is. Go to bed dude.
Lost his mother lost his grandmother, had a serious injury and had people constantly making fun of him. Hope he comes back and finds a good role with the clippers
You lack compassion for someone’s human condition, because they have money and you do not. Yikes!
A
Da phuck is wrong with you? Even if you think it, try to run that through a filter before actually saying it. Come on, man.

EDIT: anyone that has ever gone through mental health stuff knows it can happen, and it can be a very, very powerful and dark demon. How much money a person has has ZERO to do with anything. NONE!
1) I lost my dad and grandma on the same day it sucks.

2. being rich is pretty clutch when it comes to mental health compared to mental health on average across America.

if we’re comparing the help JW has v the majority of America. JW has a vast pool of help the average American can’t afford therapy. This sounds like a fluff piece of journalism imo the Ben Simmons type of cop out

also thought this was just basketball related just read the other stuff

• Wow
Reactions: Gromcat
I'm ignoring the nonsense above. I haven't lost a parent yet, lost all my grandparents but no parents. But still, I've seen the struggle for my wife when she lost her dad. It changes you, without question, and the grieving process is different for everyone. I have no doubt it would affect everything in your life, especially if you were very close. Losing my mom would be very hard for me, and that day is coming I know. If you can't find some compassion in your heart for folks enduring this kind of pain, you may eventually have to learn the hard way. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but there is no life in this world that can avoid it.

As for people who have money versus people who don't, it's irrelevant. Money can't make someone immune to suffering or depression. I do think some folks resent people who have money and they're often obsessed with it. I've known folks with very little money who are obsessed with it, and I've known folks who have a lot of it who are obsessed with it. I've also known folks on both ends of that spectrum who don't obsess over what they have or don't have. I've known wealthy people who just use their wealth to bless others. I've known poor people who would give you the shirt off their back and their last dime if it would help you.

Sorry for the rant. I pray John Wall will find some peace and rest in all this.
Being my parents caregiver also maid it tough when they went. Not only did I lose the relationship but also a huge routine in my life for 13 odd years. Huge hole both time and relationship wise. I know losing your rents is the natural flow of life, but it does leave you feeling so...untethered. Mom called me on my birthday every morning for 35 years to sing Happy Birthday to me. And by the time I was in ny 30s it annoyed me a little but it made her happy to do it. I’d kill for that phone to ring one more time on that day.

Bottom line: enjoy people while they are here. Even those giants of folks like parents, former teachers you liked, friends, folks like Stoops and Cal, because none of us are guaranteed a single second on this Earth.

I’ll be on track to complete my exam for clinical psychotherapy in April. Currently a MH therapist.

Ask me anything.

Reactions: chroix
A

2. being rich is pretty clutch when it comes to mental health compared to mental health on average across America.

if we’re comparing the help JW has v the majority of America. JW has a vast pool of help the average American can’t afford therapy. This sounds like a fluff piece of journalism imo the Ben Simmons type of cop out

There is a wise old adage you need to take to heart. When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

You apparently know little about serious mental health issues and/or deep depressions. Naomi Judd is a sad example of just how obtuse you're being.

Money simply doesn't fix these things. Mental health recovery is a personal battle and the enemy is unimpressed with your bank account.

Being my parents caregiver also maid it tough when they went. Not only did I lose the relationship but also a huge routine in my life for 13 odd years. Huge hole both time and relationship wise. I know losing your rents is the natural flow of life, but it does leave you feeling so...untethered. Mom called me on my birthday every morning for 35 years to sing Happy Birthday to me. And by the time I was in ny 30s it annoyed me a little but it made her happy to do it. I’d kill for that phone to ring one more time on that day.

Bottom line: enjoy people while they are here. Even those giants of folks like parents, former teachers you liked, friends, folks like Stoops and Cal, because none of us are guaranteed a single second on this Earth.
Yes. When that need stops, it creates a doubly large void.

Oh no a man with 200M+ said he almost committed suicide. Now imagine the day to day for an average American. I do not feel bad for him at all. He got paid 45 mill to not even dribble.

edit ok I thought this was the ole cop out excuse. I’ve lost my grandparent and dad on the same day so I know it sucks.
Money has nothing to do with how you feel inside. Or how this world went to shit. Or can't explain why we lose loved ones, or the true meaning of what we call life.

• Love
Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1

Why show your ass when you can just say nothing? It's so easy to hide the fact that you're a terrible person on a message board and a lot of y'all can't even pull that off. I guess the urge to be terrible is too strong.

I too, struggled losing my Dad in 2008, 3 month old nephew to SIDS in 2007 and long term GF broke up with me around the same time. Never really have thought about suicide any other time but this time. But God used these times to break me down and let me know that i can’t do anything alone. Although it was the darkest times of my life, he used this in order for me to give in and realize that I can’t make it without him. I was also saved around this time and ain’t been the same little man since.

My Life still isn’t all sunshine and rainbows, but man o man, what a friend we have in Jesus.

Any man or woman struggling, I’m here at anytime to talk and/or pray with you.

Excellent advice, not one of us are promised another breath!! Prayers for you brother!

Reactions: rob_47
A

Money, without the people you care about enjoy it with is not fun, that’s why a lot of rich people are miserable. Everybody deals with mental health differently, for him to open up shows how bad it really was, and Kentucky as a fanbase should support him because wall supported Kentucky and still helps out

John Wall will always be the guy, on the day he sparked that 18-2 run over UNC-Cheats, that revived Kentucky basketball to what it had been and could be again.

I live in DC and watched for years how the inept Wizards' franchise kept him from attaining the level of respect in the league he deserved. For anyone in doubt, he gave it all he had and never made a habit of whining in the local press and ripping management. I really, truly hope he can have a great last chapter to his career.

As for the perfectly named "Runt," I've had him on ignore forever. Just reading the reactions to whatever ignorant, ugly thing he has said now confirms the wisdom of that, and makes me grateful for the "ignore" function on this board.

I've lost both my parents and have no grandparents alive.Some days are better than others but I'd love to just sit at the kitchen table and talk with them like we used to.For those that still have parents or even just one parent alive,don't take them for granted.Talk to them but most of all let them know how much they mean to you.I understand that all relationships may not have been smooth sailing but when they are gone,it's to late to say how you feel.

I've lost both my parents and have no grandparents alive.Some days are better than others but I'd love to just sit at the kitchen table and talk with them like we used to.For those that still have parents or even just one parent alive,don't take them for granted.Talk to them but most of all let them know how much they mean to you.I understand that all relationships may not have been smooth sailing but when they are gone,it's to late to say how you feel.

I see this quite often and although it’s true in most cases, it’s not actually that rare to have to distance yourself from parents if you want to get over mental health problems and traumas.

For example, if your mother is a sociopath - borderline sociopath who has done a lot of bad things to you, and your father is a delusional narcissist who doesn’t care about anything but himself. This combination of parent is brutal, and the gaslighting and negative approach they take toward their children can cause severe depression or worse. As an adult it’s always advised they steer clear of parents like this just to be able to have a livable outlook.

I don’t even know why I’m saying this, but I see so many people use blanket statements about “be near them when they’re gone they’re gone” and that might be true for some but it’s definitely not true for all. There are a lot of people that are able to heal more properly when their parents die as sad as that is.

please play in traffic

Found the jealous ****.

John Wall made all that money so he could help his mom and his family. She was his only parent and the only adult who gave a shit about him when he was growing up. They lived in the kind of poverty and chaos most of us cannot conceive. He was determined to end that, and had planned to take care of his mom for years to come.

Imagine losing that purpose in your life so much sooner than you expected. Money means nothing when you lose your anchor.

I see this quite often and although it’s true in most cases, it’s not actually that rare to have to distance yourself from parents if you want to get over mental health problems and traumas.

For example, if your mother is a sociopath - borderline sociopath who has done a lot of bad things to you, and your father is a delusional narcissist who doesn’t care about anything but himself. This combination of parent is brutal, and the gaslighting and negative approach they take toward their children can cause severe depression or worse. As an adult it’s always advised they steer clear of parents like this just to be able to have a livable outlook.

I don’t even know why I’m saying this, but I see so many people use blanket statements about “be near them when they’re gone they’re gone” and that might be true for some but it’s definitely not true for all. There are a lot of people that are able to heal more properly when their parents die as sad as that is.
Very true.Im thankful to God that I had my parents.I didn't have the kind of relationship with my parents that some may have had by your description so I can't imagine a scenario where I would want to distance myself from them.

Reactions: Gromcat
Mental illness does not care if you are dirt poor or Bill Gates rich. I highly doubt there is a family out there that doesn't have someone who either struggles with it currently or has in the past. To read a message on this board saying that the person doesn't care because they got paid 45 million to sit on a bench is absolutely appalling. We have the best fanbase in the world and often get a bad rap because of idiots like this.

A

I have typically just ignored your nonsense in the past. Mental illness is a huge problem, even for those that are rich. How many amazing, talented (rich) people has the world lost due to suicide just in the last 5 years or so. Combine that with the people lost to addiction that are in the same socio-economic class and it is staggering. Mental illness doesn't care if you are rich, poor, white, black, and for you to say the things you have is pathetic.

You lack basic human empathy and I am disgusted reading your drivel.

Good God

Reactions: chroix

Well I certainly did not heal when my parents passed. In fact, I felt like an orphan. I was completely lost.
I still talk to them every day during my prayer time.
My father was diagnosed with Louie Body (sp) disease. This disease turned him 100% opposite of his true self.
He struggled with blindness due to glaucoma for the last 30 years of his life. He felt totally useless having to depend on others for him to get around. This was a man that worked 2 full time jobs his entire adult life.
After dad passed, I stopped by mom's house every day coming home from work and a lot of times on the way too work. She still started her "chores" every morning at 4:30 am and worked all day long. Her house was spotless, but she could always find something to clean. When cancer struck, she still wouldn't be stopped. But ultimately, cancer won, but she went on her terms. Going by the home place, still brings a tear to my eye. We grew up on that property, farming, tobacco, horses and live stock. So many times I would just walk around the property and just admire the peace. Most of the time I would see deer, fox, wild turkey and rabbits. Sure would like to be a kid again riding the tractor with dad putting up hay

Well I certainly did not heal when my parents passed. In fact, I felt like an orphan. I was completely lost.
I still talk to them every day during my prayer time.
My father was diagnosed with Louie Body (sp) disease. This disease turned him 100% opposite of his true self.
He struggled with blindness due to glaucoma for the last 30 years of his life. He felt totally useless having to depend on others for him to get around. This was a man that worked 2 full time jobs his entire adult life.
After dad passed, I stopped by mom's house every day coming home from work and a lot of times on the way too work. She still started her "chores" every morning at 4:30 am and worked all day long. Her house was spotless, but she could always find something to clean. When cancer struck, she still wouldn't be stopped. But ultimately, cancer won, but she went on her terms. Going by the home place, still brings a tear to my eye. We grew up on that property, farming, tobacco, horses and live stock. So many times I would just walk around the property and just admire the peace. Most of the time I would see deer, fox, wild turkey and rabbits. Sure would like to be a kid again riding the tractor with dad putting up hay

Sounds like you had great parents. You’re very lucky I don’t think some people realize how lucky they are to have caring parents. It’s not all of them that I can assure you. Narcissism and other forms of psychopathy are not rare in the parenting world. If you have these traits before kids you’ll more than likely be this way with your kids as well.

Anyone that has parents that would want you to be happy over their own well being, consider yourself lucky. It’s not as typical as you’d think.

For many, their own personal healing cannot begin until their parents are removed or dead. It’s something that never leaves you in life even still. The worst kind of depression is brought on by narcissistic or sociopathic / psychopathic parents.

Last edited:

I know I'm late to the party when it comes to telling you how bad of a take this is, but man this is such a horrible comment. Mental illness doesn't discriminate. Depression doesn't discriminate. When you have depression it literally doesn't matter how much money you have, how fast your car is, or how nice your house is. The only thing money can do is attempt to buy better treatment. You wouldn't tell a lung cancer patient you don't feel bad for them because they're rich. It's no different with mental illness.

This comment shows such a lack of empathy it's kind of sad.

Just monitoring everything, I’m gonna say this too. Yes wealthy people have problems and wealthy people can have a debilitating mental condition. And yes Mental depression and illness can manifest in many ways regardless

However, if you don’t think there’s a huge benefit to having these conditions + being wealthy you’re in the wrong place. As bad as a negative mental state and condition can be for anyone including a wealthy person, try having these conditions with no way of getting ahead or paying your bills while worrying about kids and family. Yes that makes the condition worse. And yes being wealthy gives you a giant step ahead with regard to treatment and support systems. Plus, your condition is not made worse by worrying about your kids being bullied for lack of clothing and resources, it’s not made worse by having to live month to month in financial survival mode, and it’s not made worse by wondering if you’re going to be able to sustain yourself and your family with no way out.

Having severe mental illness/ depressions plus being poor is far worse than having those conditions and being wealthy. Of course we should understand that many wealthy people are operating in their world the same as a poor person in theirs, so the difference might only be understood from the outside looking in. But the reality is, if I’m going to be depressed, you damn straight I’d rather be wealthy as a way to avoid the compounding problems being broke can bring.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT