ADVERTISEMENT

Joel Justice comments on post game are more non game focused mess

Never heard of her.. But I have heard of Justus and he supposedly has a strong analytical background.

I said multiple times...glad we won and pointed out three positives...but that is about what he said (I don't have the exact quote)...and I'm tired of this constant NBA talk at UK. In the offseason it's more palatable...but during season I don't know why this stuff keeps coming up.

Calm down.

He essentially said "Our opponents want to come in here and beat our storied program at the expense of our players who were touted to be better than their players all throughout high school. Our players have potential to play at the next level and their players want to make a name for themselves at the expense of ours."

Reactions: jojohn
You're gonna have to show me proof that Justus was the lead recruiter for Harrison because I'm not sure he was even on the staff back then. And as far as Briscoe, I believe Slice handled that one. Regardless, if you can't see the point, you're as clueless as the opposing on this post.

Justus was hired prior to the 2014-15 season as a analytics guy. The Harrisons had already been on campus a season when he arrived at UK.

Last edited:
Since you missed the point, I will tell you. 5 stars mean nothing unless you are top 5 overall. Who cares who recruited who, most 5 stars today would be a 3 star 15 years ago. We have 5 starting 5 stars who failed to beat a Tenn team with no player in top100.

Justus is just getting started as a recruiter. It's great he brought in one guy in quickly that was going to come regardless do to cal and top Pgs. As for johnson we won't know what we have till he gets here, but I'm not expecting him to be some alpha dog. I think he seems like he will be a streaky guy but I could be wrong. I base that only one what I've seen and that he's not great at any one thing. The other thing about johnson that worries me is he had to sell his dad on uk because his dad wants him to be the man and that's not going to happen at Kentucky in yr one. We desperately need a guy like coach o who can bring in the top dog bigs because we don't have them and we are loaded with guards next yr and we have no clue who will go for sure.

I'm not sold on Justus yet. He's a step above barbee, once he brings in top 5 bigs them I'll have a little more faith. Cal could of easily landed both of those guys on his own with all due respect to Justus of course

Since you missed the point, I will tell you. 5 stars mean nothing unless you are top 5 overall. Who cares who recruited who, most 5 stars today would be a 3 star 15 years ago. We have 5 starting 5 stars who failed to beat a Tenn team with no player in top100.
And people like you don't understand it takes a little longer for our 5 Stars to acclimate to the college game. We're coming along fine and FYI, Aaron Harrison and Briscoe are both playing professional basketball making a nice living.

I didn't even know we had anyone on staff by that name period, regardkess of spelling. Are we required to know the names of all the managers too. I've got too much of a life to worry about knowing the whole team and staff and the proper way to spell all their names. What a sad statement by you, feel sorry for you dude, I really do.
He does press conferences. He's ONE of THREE assistants for UK. I'm sorry for you if knowing the names of 3 guys is too much for you. Maybe we should give them numbers. You do know numbers right?
The other two are Kenny Pain, and Tony Barbie. Head coach is Jon Kaliparee.

I didn't even know we had anyone on staff by that name period, regardkess of spelling. Are we required to know the names of all the managers too. I've got too much of a life to worry about knowing the whole team and staff and the proper way to spell all their names. What a sad statement by you, feel sorry for you dude, I really do.
Pretty common knowledge if you're anything above an average fan.. So we know where you are as a fan at least..

this thread was just created to negatively bitch and whine like a baby because we won so you didn't have that to complain about... I love UK and stand with them in good times and bad, they are not above criticism but some of you need to find another team to follow, your crybaby BS gets old
Great post. You just know some of them were getting excited when they thought UK was gonna lose so they could come on here and do their usual pathetic, tired act.

I don't really know enough about him, but I think it's fair to question if he is the right guy with everyone bitching about recruiting and how we keep missing on the top guys. He's so great, but for the first time under Cal we will not be 1 or 2, 6th last time I checked. Look he might be great, but to keep saying he's great he got Quickley and Johnson, I mean do you think no one would come to Ky anyway or for Cal? Look I hope he is great, but recruiting isn't exactly on the rise for us.

Pretty common knowledge if you're anything above an average fan.. So we know where you are as a fan at least..

Outside of watching games on TV and attending a couple of games per year and reading this board daily I'm interested in knowing what more I need to do to be considered an above average fan. Also what are all the different levels of fanhood one can achieve, I'd really like to know where I stand. Apparently I don't quite measure up to your fan status so that at least would give me something to strive for. Please reply as soon as you can, I'd like to get started on this immediately.

It isn't that today's 5 stars would be 3s, it's that the 3s and 4s of today are a hell of a lot better than they used to be. Even the kids on the early season mid-majors UK plays come from big time AAU programs. Even bad teams have multiple 6'10+ guys on their roster. The gap has closed considerably in just the past 20 years.

Reactions: oldsports_
Outside of watching games on TV and attending a couple of games per year and reading this board daily I'm interested in knowing what more I need to do to be considered an above average fan. Also what are all the different levels of fanhood one can achieve, I'd really like to know where I stand. Apparently I don't quite measure up to your fan status so that at least would give me something to strive for. Please reply as soon as you can, I'd like to get started on this immediately.
So,, your reading comprehension sucks if you're on here daily and no clue who our assistants are..

So,, your reading comprehension sucks if you're on here daily and no clue who our assistants are..

Kenny Payne hard not to know and barbee has been discussed quite a bit of late but sorry don't recall any talk on Justus or however his name is spelled.

But they are long.......

Reactions: oldsports_
ADVERTISEMENT