ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Lunardi’s Updated Bracketology

If KU and UK played 100 times on a neutral court the win pct would be around 50/50 IMO.

KU is playing better than they did beginning of the year and so is UK.

I don't believe either team has an advantage and if one did it wouldn't be a large one.

Your logic has no place here. [roll]

But I will say that I can't understand coming to a rival team's message board and expecting them to roll over.

images

So Oklahoma was taken behind the woodshed? Think you might be confusing them with Kentucky.

That Florida win was impressive and all, but the Big 12's overall record vs the SEC this year is like 14-7. If not for A&M picking up the slack in a series of early home games vs teams like K-State, it would be gruesome. In other words, your only decent team aside from your own 3-4 seed squad is a former Big 12 team. Sounds about right.

UK is 56 and 11 all time vs Big 12. Go away.

Reactions: mj2k10
Of course. But it's a lot more fun to remind them that we go to the Final Four every year while they flameout in the second round.

Especially the 12 year old girls who come over here mouthing off.

Haha yep.

I don't understand it really. I get the opposing fans that come over and want to have a good conversation but the ones that come and blast UK.

I've been on these boards for several years now.........I have not nor had any inclination whatsoever wanted to go to an opposing teams message board and talk trash

Reactions: CatPhight
Haha yep.

I don't understand it really. I get the opposing fans that come over and want to have a good conversation but the ones that come and blast UK.

I've been on these boards for several years now.........I have not nor had any inclination whatsoever wanted to go to an opposing teams message board and talk trash

Inferiority complex. Attention seeking behavior. I'm not a psychiatrist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Nah of course not. I mean Bilas (who IMO is pretty fair) is from Duke. Jay Williams is from Duke. Dicky V has always liked Duke.

They also have personalities that like UK too.

Duke is clearly their flagship team. That being said, UK also gets plenty of attention, both good and bad.

yeah I mean I don't really think ESPN has been bad to us............especially since Cal has gotten here. I mean they have televised things like our practices lol

So Oklahoma was taken behind the woodshed? Think you might be confusing them with Kentucky.

That Florida win was impressive and all, but the Big 12's overall record vs the SEC this year is like 14-7. If not for A&M picking up the slack in a series of early home games vs teams like K-State, it would be gruesome. In other words, your only decent team aside from your own 3-4 seed squad is a former Big 12 team. Sounds about right.
Well tell us there ChokeHawk,what's Kansas big OOC win except for that Free Throw shooting farce in ChokeHawk Fieldhouse? Remind us what the pinnacle OOC win was Vandy or UCLA?Blathering wins over weaker SEC Teams at home doesn't impress me a bit.

Why does it really matter if the SEC is weaker compared to the Big 12?

SEC has been weak for years now and it hasn't seemed to hurt UK's success in March

Reactions: Bkocats
Well tell us there ChokeHawk,what's Kansas big OOC win except for that Free Throw shooting farce in ChokeHawk Fieldhouse? Remind us what the pinnacle OOC win was Vandy or UCLA?Blathering wins over weaker SEC Teams at home doesn't impress me a bit.

There isn't a team out there with a better resume than KU. Nice try.

Haha yep.

My first post in the thread was a serious question...no trash talk. Since then I've just been responding to childish insults and pissing contests, since apparently no one can reply honestly or maturely to a KU fan here.

Btw, what I can't understand is the ongoing obsession over a meaningless non-con game from a month ago. I can assure you that KU fans aren't still yammering about it.

My first post in the thread was a serious question...no trash talk. Since then I've just been responding to childish insults and pissing contests, since apparently no one can reply honestly or maturely to a KU fan here.

Btw, what I can't understand is the ongoing obsession over a meaningless non-con game from a month ago. I can assure you that KU fans aren't still yammering about it.
Because they are still shooting Free Throws from that game,Cheating POS

FACT - Once the Chicken chokers get on a neutral court in March, they'll shoot their little chicken wad prematurely like always. [laughing]

We'll see what happens when a team's actually allowed to finish with their players on the court.

Chicken chokers won't get 47 free throw attempts.

I'd try to forget it too if UK had shot 25 more ft's than KU in Rupp, and the game had still gone to OT.

You saw the same game as all of us, which team outplayed the other?

I tried to go back up and answer your question but I'm not sure if he was serious or not TBH

Clearly KU has a better resume. Baring a collapse they will be seeded higher than UK.

That being said, you won't find many around here that are concerned about it. UK despite losing in OT at Kansas is on a roll. Some of our best teams were lower seeded teams that exceeded expectations. a 4 seed in 2011, an 8 in 2014.......both times final four. Most here feel we are on that same trajectory Even tho we are in a crappy conference, we are outscoring teams in that crappy conference by .20 points per possession. Usually when you do that in any power conference, it bodes pretty well for success in March.

I'd try to forget it too if UK had shot 25 more ft's than KU in Rupp, and the game had still gone to OT.

You saw the same game as all of us, which team outplayed the other?

In regulation, it was probably about even. Both had runs and stretches of outplaying the other.

In OT, KU definitely outplayed them.

I don't care about the free throw stat. Out of context, it means little. It was a substantial disparity. Yes. But I've yet to see one UK fan actually point out any individual calls that were blatantly wrong. They just keep regurgitating the tired free throw stat, apparently failing to understand that a team which keeps settling for jumpers just might draw fewer fouls than the team which is attacking. Maybe a lot fewer. I didn't see any of your players or coaches whining about home cooking. Just the opposite. Poythress remarked that your bigs need to get better at guarding without fouling.

Drawing fouls IS a big part of the game and strategy after all. When your coach/players don't even attempt to draw them, I'm not sure why one would whine about not getting them.

As for the notion that KU consistently gets the benefit of a major free throw disparity at home... the facts simply don't support it. Just bitter people talking out their asses.

Aside from all this...assuming that KU were outplayed, what exactly does this prove? Kentucky has lost to like 5 teams that you consider to be well below you. 2 or 3 of those were comfortable wins. One on a neutral court. KU struggled in games vs Harvard and TCU at home during their stretch of mediocre play. Then they went on the road and annihilated TCU.

I don't know about outplayed

We just had the wrong shooter (Briscoe) get to the line and he goes and misses 4 in a row.

We played catch up after that

All Kentucky needs to worry about is to continue winning in these last 5 games and do well in the SEC Tourney and everything will fall into place come Selection Sunday. Lunardi said on the SEC Network that he thought Kentucky would only get to a #3 Seed. He thought the #1 and #2 Seeds that are there today has a better resume and played tougher OOC schedules especially the Big 12 teams. I disagree with Lunardi and feel if Kentucky continues to win and does well in the SEC Tourney that we could move to a #2 seed. That would put us in South Region in Louisville a #2 or #3 seed.

That's because you didn't get screwed in that game. Your team shot 26 more free throws than we did. TWENTY-SIX!!!!!!!! When two equally talented teams play, that should NEVER happen.

Its laughable that Kansas with all those wins and conference titles, that they have only won the NCAA 3 times.....Hell even Louisville's done that.

Premature ejockulaters - some things will never change...history has shown it over and over they can't compete outside of their little world on the barren plains.

Crying Roy there how many years and how many titles? [roll]

Reactions: oldfanofuk
Premature ejockulaters - some things will never change...history has shown it over and over they can't compete outside of their little world on the barren plains.

Crying Roy there how many years and how many titles? [roll]

Can't compete, yet they're still right there with Kentucky in final fours and title game appearances. Even after your run of the last 5 years.

Congrats...you guys won a handful more final games in the 40s and 50s. Likely about 6 decades before most in this thread were born.[roll]

In regulation, it was probably about even. Both had runs and stretches of outplaying the other.

In OT, KU definitely outplayed them.

I don't care about the free throw stat. Out of context, it means little. It was a substantial disparity. Yes. But I've yet to see one UK fan actually point out any individual calls that were blatantly wrong. They just keep regurgitating the tired free throw stat, apparently failing to understand that a team which keeps settling for jumpers just might draw fewer fouls than the team which is attacking. Maybe a lot fewer. I didn't see any of your players or coaches whining about home cooking. Just the opposite. Poythress remarked that your bigs need to get better at guarding without fouling.

Drawing fouls IS a big part of the game and strategy after all. When your coach/players don't even attempt to draw them, I'm not sure why one would whine about not getting them.

As for the notion that KU consistently gets the benefit of a major free throw disparity at home... the facts simply don't support it. Just bitter people talking out their asses.

Aside from all this...assuming that KU were outplayed, what exactly does this prove? Kentucky has lost to like 5 teams that you consider to be well below you. 2 or 3 of those were comfortable wins. One on a neutral court. KU struggled in games vs Harvard and TCU at home during their stretch of mediocre play. Then they went on the road and annihilated TCU.

You think KU would've won at OU if the Sooners shot 47 ft's?

When was the last time KU shot 25 more freethrows than a blueblood program with players just as good as theirs? Hell, for that matter any program.

UK had an 8 point lead with about 16 minutes left, ft's were roughly the same.....then something changed where the Cats apparently started fouling on damn near every posession. KU was in the double bonus with over 11 minutes left in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianpoe
Can't compete, yet they're still right there with Kentucky in final fours and title game appearances. Even after your run of the last 5 years.

Congrats...you guys won a handful more final games in the 40s and 50s. Only about 6 decades before most in this thread were born.[roll]

Oh I see, so suddenly school history doesn't matter when it doesn't fit nicely into your agenda? Okay, let's play by your rules and see what we have.

I see you chicken spankers are still counting Helms titles from 1922 and 1923. Do you have ANY idea how completely laughable that is? Did you defeat the
Manhattan YMCA for those rags? [laughing]

According to your criteria, you also self-invalidate your 1952 banner, leaving you with only 1988 and 2008. Let's see here...you were also bridesmaids in 1940,
1953 and 1957...I'm going out on a limb here speculating you weren't hatched yet either, so those are now out the window as well.

Let's tally the score shall we? Since you want to stay strictly in the modern area of births, we'll play by your rules with 1965 as our cutoff.

Feel free to manipulate the data all you want, we own that chicken ass, we know it, you know it. [laughing]

Would there be anything else chicken choker?

Since 1965

Head to head play:
Kentucky leads 20 - 7

Head to head play in NCAA Tournament
Kentucky leads 3 - 1 -- including an NCAA title in 2012

NCAA Appearances:
UK - 41
KU - 38

Final Fours
UK - 12
KU - 10

NCAA Titles
UK - 4 -- 1978, 1996, 1998, 2012
KU - 2 -- 1988 & 2008

Reactions: oldfanofuk
Isn't it cute how every year, Kansas dominates their overrated conference and their fans run over here searching for validation?

At least this fool admits what he is. Remember the Kansas fan who posed as a UK fan who just happened to realize that Kansas was our superior? Then he finally made that tearful apology, admitting he was a troll.

When you know you're good, you let the games speak for themselves. You have a quiet confidence.

Kansas fan is so used to getting waxed in March that he knows he has to get his digs in now. It's like reading a Pat Forde column.

You know how we know we're good? Because we can sit right here minding our business and Kansas fan keeps showing up, seeking our approval. Where is Kansas, anyway?

Congrats...you guys won a handful more final games in the 40s and 50s. Likely about 6 decades before most in this thread were born.[roll]

Where you @ chicken? all choked up? No rebuttal of your own hen picked criteria? [laughing]

ciu_zpsyexpu1ne.gif

Since 1965

Head to head play:
Kentucky leads 20 - 7

Head to head play in NCAA Tournament
Kentucky leads 3 - 1 -- including an NCAA title in 2012

NCAA Appearances:
UK - 41
KU - 38

Final Fours
UK - 12
KU - 10