ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Lunardi’s Updated Bracketology

See that's just not true

http://bracketmatrix.com/matrix_2014.html

People WERE predicting UK an 8 seed. People WERE predicting UL a 4 seed. That link shows what people predicted right before the bracket came out. According to the people that do this, the SC had both DEAD ON
Not what I'm reading there. What that's showing is how the NCAA seeded. The actual prediction is the Matrix number on the right, and that had UL as a 3, and UK as a 6.

You've got to stop. What I said was that I am biased for Kentucky, and I can LOGICALLY point to metrics that support my position. They aren't pretend. They do exist. We are 9th in RPI. We are 7th in Kenpom. We are 5-1 vs. RPI top 50.

If I, like you, were biased AGAINST Kentucky, I could focus on the Auburn and UT games and say those losses are SO BAD that we deserve to drop to a 4.

And it would be a drop. Because the most supported metrics say we are a 3.

No matter how much you blather on to the contrary.

Are we really close to being a 4? Sure. Absolutely. We are splitting hairs.

The people in that room are splitting hairs. They all have certain biases and advocate for particular teams according to that bias.

Just as I am LOGICALLY advocating for UK, and you are EMOTIONALLY advocating against them.

But, but, but those losses were SO BAD! Ignore the metrics...those losses should count double!

You are desperately predicting what you want to be. I am predicting what I think they'll say. As I'm not the one blowing a gasket, I think the emotional investment speaks for it self.

Not what I'm reading there. What that's showing is how the NCAA seeded. The actual prediction is the Matrix number on the right, and that had UL as a 3, and UK as a 6.

Your right. I was gonna go back and edit my post.

I still stand my feeling tho. I think it's way more likely that selection committee of people just felt UL was a 4. I don't think they were a 3 and were moved down to try and set up a matchup with UK. And I don't think UK was a 6 or 7 and moved down to set up a match with UL or Wichita St. If the committee wanted a UK/UL match and that's how the seeds panned out they could have just left UL a 3 and UK a 6 or 7 which would have set up that match anyways.

You are desperately predicting what you want to be. I am predicting what I think they'll say. As I'm not the one blowing a gasket, I think the emotional investment speaks for it self.

I'm predicting nothing. I'm judging where we are now. You are a half empty guy.

Enjoy yourself. Keep crying about our losses and ignoring everyone else's.

KU, Iowa, Miami is a tough top 3.

Not that worried about KU but Iowa and Miami would be somewhat tough.

Not trolling, but is this stuff serious?

Pretty much everyone nationally believes KU has looked as good as any in the country in recent weeks..not to mention they may have the nation's best resume to date. Yet here they're treated like a scrub to be easily disposed of.

Lol. Careful what you wish for.

Pretty much everyone nationally believes KU has looked as good as any in the country in recent weeks..not to mention they may have the nation's best resume to date. Yet here they're treated like a scrub to be easily disposed of.

Without ChokeHawk Fieldhouse and that "Special" Treatment Kansas gets from Officials there ,Kentucky is a 10 point better team minimum.Field is up in the air this year,but Big 12 is over-rated as usual

Well, good luck. You won't find anyone here scared of playing you guys in March.

You did beat Tubby's team that one time...

Without ChokeHawk Fieldhouse and that "Special" Treatment Kansas gets from Officials there ,Kentucky is a 10 point better team minimum.Field is up in the air this year,but Big 12 is over-rated as usual

I'm guessing that was one of the only times you've seen KU play.

That game took place while they were in a rut. Since Self called them out for softness a game or two later, their D has been on another level, offense more efficient, and Lucas has emerged to fill the void they had at the 5.

I doubt that Mr "stymied by the triangle and 2" would take a rematch as lightly as you guys are.

That game took place while they were in a rut. Since Self called them out for softness a game or two later, their D has been on another level, offense more efficient, and Lucas has emerged to fill the void they had at the 5.

I doubt that Mr "stymied by the triangle and 2" would take a rematch as lightly as you guys are.

My goodness.

Make you a deal? If we actually meet in the tournament, come back and discuss it. Until then, we really really don't care. You guys do this every single year.

The other part of that deal is you have to show up, hat in hand when you get bounced from the tourney. That cool with you?

Congrats on the win this year. UK still has owned KU. And KU chokes in the NCAA tournament over and over. But I do think the Jayhawks have a good team and Ellis is doing well in his 15th year of eligibility.

As a first round matchup is unlikely, I doubt we'll get to play you guys in the tourney. Maybe next year.

My goodness.

Make you a deal? If we actually meet in the tournament, come back and discuss it. Until then, we really really don't care. You guys do this every single year.

The other part of that deal is you have to show up, hat in hand when you get bounced from the tourney. That cool with you?

Now this is funny. Every other thread here to this day contains mention of a rematch or whining about Allen officiating.

Sounds to me that you are trolling.... I mean, UK takes KU to the woodshed if we meet again....

Congrats on the win this year. UK still has owned KU. And KU chokes in the NCAA tournament over and over. But I do think the Jayhawks have a good team and Ellis is doing well in his 15th year of eligibility.

Yeah, that all-time record is kinda embarrassing. Good thing Ted Owens doesn't coach here anymore.

What is Self's record against Cal at UK?

Love the cherry picking. Yes, two of Self's weakest teams lost to two of Kentucky's best teams of all time. Major accomplishments by Cal. When he didn't have an overwhelming talent advantage, he's 0-2 vs Self. How's that for cherry picking?

Love the cherry picking. Yes, two of Self's weakest teams lost to two of Kentucky's best teams of all time. Major accomplishments by Cal. When he didn't have an overwhelming talent advantage, he's 0-2 vs Self. How's that for cherry picking?

Your 2012 team that went to the title game was weak? The team we beat twice?

If you were weak that year, what do you call all those teams that flamed out of the tourney?

Reactions: TexKat
Tell me, troll, exactly how confident would you be going into an NCAA Tourney game against a team that had possession of the ball for the final play with a chance to break your homecourt winning streak? In a game where your team ended up shooting 47 FT's, and was called for 13 fewer fouls.

This would inspire confidence, why, exactly? And it's not like UK appears to be dropping off after that game. The opposite, in fact.

Do you really think your team would be favored in that game by more than 1-2 points? I don't (maybe not favored at all). And yeah, maybe UK fans are being dismissive of your team, but this is a UK board, so don't expect any fans to be quivering in fear of a rematch just because your team (with a very well-documented record of crap NCAA Tourney performances) might end up pulling out a 1 seed by (SHOCK!!!!) winning the Big 12 again.

Reactions: Aike

So what you are saying is that Self has won all the games he didn't lose.

Do you have a guardian or caregiver? I'm thinking child services should be consulted.

Good luck with Northern Iowa, Wichita State or whatever 8 seed that will knock your weak ass out of the tournament again in round 3. [laughing]

You chicken chokers are nothing outside of your 45 free throw attempts per game fog house.

ObyaG.jpg

Tell me, troll, exactly how confident would you be going into an NCAA Tourney game against a team that had possession of the ball for the final play with a chance to break your homecourt winning streak? In a game where your team ended up shooting 47 FT's, and was called for 13 fewer fouls.

This would inspire confidence, why, exactly? And it's not like UK appears to be dropping off after that game. The opposite, in fact.

Do you really think your team would be favored in that game by more than 1-2 points? I don't (maybe not favored at all). And yeah, maybe UK fans are being dismissive of your team, but this is a UK board, so don't expect any fans to be quivering in fear of a rematch just because your team (with a very well-documented record of crap NCAA Tourney performances) might end up pulling out a 1 seed by (SHOCK!!!!) winning the Big 12 again.

How confident would I be? Well, I certainly wouldn't be as confident as you guys pretend to be, but I wouldn't be any less confident than I'd be vs 10-15 other teams.

I think this is a quality KU team that has bought in defensively over the last 4 or 5 games and is looking as good or better than anyone. Does that guarantee anything? Nah.

No one's expecting anyone to be quivering in fear, but flipping it..what exactly has UK done to put any fear into a top team?

?

You guys can continue to whine about the officiating all you want, but it's elementary common sense that a team which is constantly settling for jumpers will draw many fewer fouls than a team which is very aggressive.
Especially when (by its personnel's own admission) said team has difficulty guarding without fouling.

How confident would I be? Well, I certainly wouldn't be as confident as you guys pretend to be, but I wouldn't be any less confident than I'd be vs 10-15 other teams.

I think this is a quality KU team that has bought in defensively over the last 4 or 5 games and is looking as good or better than anyone. Does that guarantee anything? Nah.

No one's expecting anyone to be quivering in fear, but flipping it..what exactly has UK done to put any fear into a top team?

I don't know. Maybe having the final possession in a tie game with a shot to win it, on your homecourt? What, you think a neutral site NCAA game is somehow going to be easier for you?

I don't know. Maybe having the final possession in a tie game with a shot to win it, on your homecourt? What, you think a neutral site NCAA game is somehow going to be easier for you?

I would think that fans of a team which has lost games to 5 unranked teams would understand the concept of variance in quality of play. Yes, of course, on a good night, Kentucky is capable of beating KU. And on a good night, KU is capable of handling UK.

I believe Louisville was in almost the exact same position in Rupp. Does that mean you're terrified to play them on a neutral court?

Are you shaking in your boots at the prospect of facing Ohio St again?

I would think that fans of a team which has lost games to 5 unranked teams would understand the concept of variance in quality of play. Yes, of course, on a good night, Kentucky is capable of beating KU. And on a good night, KU is capable of handling UK.

I believe Louisville was in almost the exact same position in Rupp. Does that mean you're terrified to play them on a neutral court?

Are you shaking in your boots at the prospect of facing Ohio St again?
Self is 1-3 vs. Cal at UK. Face it- KU will always be UK's little bitch. Your program pales in comparison to UK. I love how you morons come over here to get validation from us but until your program mans up and actually provides some competition, go home.

Big 12 will not have a team in the Final Four,be lucky to get one in the Elite Eight and that depends on Matchups,as always the whole conference is vastly over-rated and if one looks at the past you will see a trend that proves my point.Just because they have a few beggars and thieves like big eared ,Sutton knob polishing,credit card stealing,Dougie Gottlieb and a couple more mouths on TV spewing how great they are ,doesn't mean it's so. That unranked LSU took your big Oklahoma competition to the wood shed and got a lousy foul call at the end to change the game.Big Chokehawks got 40 points from Free Throws in the CheatHouse were all the calls are one way or Kentucky wins by double digits easy.
Unranked Florida destroys West Virginia, Big 12 = nothing to see here.

When not in a rut how many does Selden score?

Rut? The Duke guys say outlier.

So UK was not under seeded in 11 and 14? Maybe you can find a computer model that agrees with you. The Wichita fans certainly agreed with me. So did Thad Matta.
sure, teams can sometimes be underseeded, its not an exact science brah. i am speaking to your continued non-sensical conspiracy theories!

If KU and UK played 100 times on a neutral court the win pct would be around 50/50 IMO.

KU is playing better than they did beginning of the year and so is UK.

I don't believe either team has an advantage and if one did it wouldn't be a large one.

If KU and UK played 100 times on a neutral court the win pct would be around 50/50 IMO.

KU is playing better than they did beginning of the year and so is UK.

I don't believe either team has an advantage and if one did it wouldn't be a large one.

Of course. But it's a lot more fun to remind them that we go to the Final Four every year while they flameout in the second round.

Especially the 12 year old girls who come over here mouthing off.

Big 12 will not have a team in the Final Four,be lucky to get one in the Elite Eight and that depends on Matchups,as always the whole conference is vastly over-rated and if one looks at the past you will see a trend that proves my point.Just because they have a few beggars and thieves like big eared ,Sutton knob polishing,credit card stealing,Dougie Gottlieb and a couple more mouths on TV spewing how great they are ,doesn't mean it's so. That unranked LSU took your big Oklahoma competition to the wood shed and got a lousy foul call at the end to change the game.Big Chokehawks got 40 points from Free Throws in the CheatHouse were all the calls are one way or Kentucky wins by double digits easy.
Unranked Florida destroys West Virginia, Big 12 = nothing to see here.

So Oklahoma was taken behind the woodshed? Think you might be confusing them with Kentucky.

That Florida win was impressive and all, but the Big 12's overall record vs the SEC this year is like 14-7. If not for A&M picking up the slack in a series of early home games vs teams like K-State, it would be gruesome. In other words, your only decent team aside from your own 3-4 seed squad is a former Big 12 team. Sounds about right.

ADVERTISEMENT