ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Craft could afford the Cal buyout

Elections have consequences. If Matt Jones was elected to the US Senate, he would have allocated $500 million dollars for an on-campus arena and for emergency coach buyout fund as part of pandemic relief

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Richest person in Lexington is Tamara Hughes Gustavson. Her Father B Wayne Hughes started Public Storage and she is worth 8.4 Billion. Problem is her Alma Mater is USC. Gave them a 400 million donation recently. Someone needs to get in her ear.

Well yeah the titles always hurt but again, those were FF games. Call it what you will, biggest upset ever, worse non FF loss ever...whatever you want to call it last night was an embarrassment.
No one is arguing is wasnt a bad loss. It sucked. I just think several games were worse

Richest person in Lexington is Tamara Hughes Gustavson. Her Father B Wayne Hughes started Public Storage and she is worth 8.4 Billion. Problem is her Alma Mater is USC. Gave them a 400 million donation recently. Someone needs to get in her ear.
😂😂😂😂😂

Laugh. Damn so naive. Freaking hysterical!!!!!!!

Doh, I got 23 mill sitting here. I think I’ll buy out that calimari dude…That is not how it works.

This is how it works: 16, 17, 18, 19 weren’t train wrecks. 20 canceled. 21 was a train wreck with extenuating circumstances, 22 substantially improved with a nose down finish. No proundly better available candidate. Etc etc. Some rednecks want me to cough up 23 million to buy very little…….
That was proundly random.

There is a slight difference in doing that in 45+ years and in what Cal has done
Both haven’t sniffed the final four in 7 or six years. Cal does have the one elite 8 over him in that period.

Both only have one title. Both who won with one stand out NBA superstar (Davis and Carmelo respectively).

I don’t like the similarities at all.

Both haven’t sniffed the final four in 7 or six years. Cal does have the one elite 8 over him in that period.

Both only have one title. Both who won with one stand out NBA superstar (Davis and Carmelo respectively).

I don’t like the similarities at all.

We have two EE since '16 though...not one. Or were you saying one more than Syracuse. '17 and '19 EE.

Joe Craft is from Hazard. He grew up on Coach Rupp and REAL Kentucky basketball He went to UK and UK Law. He has fraternity brothers that played for Coach Rupp and Coach Hall. He cares deeply about UK and UK basketball and football. My guess he is hurting just as much as we are today. He knows. He may be a friend of Cal’s but he loves his university and his basketball program more. I am guess that he’d tell Cal it is time and provide a nice departing gift. Is his chain longer than mine…ours that already want him gone? Maybe. But Joe knows we are and he is hurting.

Last edited:
Kentucky gets like 50 million dollars a year just from the SEC network. They can buy out anything they want to buy.
The president and Miss Barnhart need to go sit out down and shitout a payment. While you're there shizt out one for Mark Few too.

Reactions: Gromcat

Doh, I got 23 mill sitting here. I think I’ll buy out that calimari dude…That is not how it works.

This is how it works: 16, 17, 18, 19 weren’t train wrecks. 20 canceled. 21 was a train wreck with extenuating circumstances, 22 substantially improved with a nose down finish. No proundly better available candidate. Etc etc. Some rednecks want me to cough up 23 million to buy very little…….
Kiss my ass

Ain't no one gonna pay $60 million to get this loser out of here. Even the most ardent fan wouldn't pay it and I don't blame them.
A lifetime contract to ANYONE is the single stupidest idea ever. Barnhart should be run out of Lexington for ever suggesting such a bullshit idea!
I’ve never seen any long-term deal workout for anyone other than the person receiving the money. Baseball players inevitably fall off and a coach will get complacent. All these deals do is put the team in a financial bind.

Cal will be here until he takes another job. It’s that simple.

So that gives him a pass forever.

Have to look at total body of work and with anything you have to look at recent results.

1 Title- 10 years ago
4 FF- 11, 10, 8 and 7 years ago
7 EE- 12, 11, 10, 8, 7, 5 and 3 years ago

Missed Tournies- 9 and 1 year ago
Upsets to lower seeds- WVU, UConn x2, IU, KSU, Auburn

Last night- last night....worst loss in school history probably...
So let's look at coach K's last 10
1 title- 7 years ago
FF- 1, 7 years ago

Missed tournies- last year
Upsets to lower seeds- lost as a 2 to #15 Lehigh, South carolina, 14 seed mercer,

also Lost with Zion, RJ barret, cam reddish, golden, and trey jones

Notable home upsets- Stephen F. Austin

Is that Faaar worthy?

1 title- 7 years ago
FF- 1, 7 years ago

Upsets to lower seeds- lost as a 2 to #15 Lehigh, South carolina, 14 seed mercer,

Is that Faaar worthy?

Why you only looking at 10? Go look since '10. If we both look like that since 2015...yeah probably fire worthy.

But you see K won 3 titles since Cal landed at UK. That will buy you some time.

1 title- 7 years ago
FF- 1, 7 years ago

Is that Faaar worthy?

If Calipari had five f’n titles at Kentucky we wouldn’t even be having this conversation. And he had his chances but he went 1-4 in Final Fours and he ain’t getting back. So please stop blowing this Coach K bullshit up peoples butts. They aren’t even on the same level and I hate that phony son of a bitch.

HAHAHAHAHA No “profoundly” better coaching candidates?

Cal is one of the worst coaches today in the entire league in the upper half. There just our league. He’s the most overrated coach in the entire country.

Good lord.

1 title- 7 years ago
FF- 1, 7 years ago

Is that Faaar worthy?
Man you are so ate up. You’ve been sold BS and you just can’t see straight. This comparison is total trash but you’re still looking for some way. And to STILL use this tired FAAAR line like it’s still funny and clever….

5 titles? And K is STILL killing him on the trail when he won’t even be there lol.

It’s just unreal at this point. You can’t fix stupid.

Calipari is a used car salesman. He's basically full of shit.
5PVtar.gif

• Haha
Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
Just about every coach being mentioned in the other thread about coaching candidates would use UK to get a big pay day. That is why I truly believe that Barnhart would go after someone like Mike Brey or someone like tha
Mike Brey? Are you kidding me? That guy stays on the hot seat at Notre Dame.

ADVERTISEMENT