ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Craft could afford the Cal buyout

HagginHall1999

All-American
Oct 19, 2018
I think it is probably a misnomer that UK cannot afford Cals buyout. I think they don't want to do it. Craft is worth over a billion dollars.

At this point I think Cal is best friends with all these guys....not to mention the boosters/donors, none of them matter but one. Craft doesn't want to fire his friend.

Unless Cal walks away it is almost pointless to debate....and that is very likely not happening.

Calipari doesn't work for UK, he works for his friend, Joe Craft.

JMHO, I may be wrong...tell me if I am.

I think it is probably a misnomer that UK cannot afford Cals buyout. I think they don't want to do it. Craft is worth over a billion dollars.

At this point I think Cal is best friends with all these guys....not to mention the boosters/donors, none of them matter but one. Craft doesn't want to fire his friend.

Unless Cal walks away it is almost pointless to debate....and that is very likely not happening.

Laugh. Damn so naive. Freaking hysterical!!!!!!!

Doh, I got 23 mill sitting here. I think I’ll buy out that calimari dude…That is not how it works.

This is how it works: 16, 17, 18, 19 weren’t train wrecks. 20 canceled. 21 was a train wreck with extenuating circumstances, 22 substantially improved with a nose down finish. No proundly better available candidate. Etc etc. Some rednecks want me to cough up 23 million to buy very little…….

Just about every coach being mentioned in the other thread about coaching candidates would use UK to get a big pay day. That is why I truly believe that Barnhart would go after someone like Mike Brey or someone like that.

Doh, I got 23 mill sitting here. I think I’ll buy out that calimari dude…That is not how it works.

This is how it works: 16, 17, 18, 19 weren’t train wrecks. 20 canceled. 21 was a train wreck with extenuating circumstances, 22 substantially improved with a nose down finish. No proundly better available candidate. Etc etc. Some rednecks want me to cough up 23 million to buy very little…….
DIAF you trolling piece of crap.

@Tubbyfan78
@kybassfan

Last night wasn't ok. Neither was last year. Neither was the home loss to Evansville or the ass kicking we took to Duke. The Kansas St loss, nope not ok either.

I would guess there are very few who've supported Cal moreso than me over the years. I watched his entire career going back to the Lou Roe days. I wanted him when BCG was hired.

The sad thing is this isn't the Cal we hired 12 years ago, he is a shell of himself.

I want him to change and get with the times more than anyone.

There are some things happening now that just aren't ok. This loss, what if Sharpe doesn't come back? What if we wait again and fail next year?

I get '20 was canceled. I get '21 was a train wreck and I excused it. Losing last night, especially how they lost is 100% on Cal. To lose a 6 point lead with 3 minutes left (and we had the ball) is a freaking sham of a job. He did what he did in '08 and '15. He also went home with timeouts.

I don't know who the guy is anymore outside of a great humanitarian, I'm not sure he knows who he is.

I'm not going to quit watching games. I love UK...but damn, Cal needs to change or this ship will sink.

Maybe rock bottom is what it takes. Maybe that's what last night was. Time for him to do some soul searching.

How do you defend last night?

I think you;re right on both ends. Craft definitely has the money to do it, but no way will he ever do it. Cal made sure to get right in that guys pocker day one. It;s what grifters do. Man, I'm so fed up with his act.

Joe craft may tell him he needs to move along on his own or it’s time for a joe craft neuropsyche eval

Joe Kraft is not that kind of booster.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
@Tubbyfan78
@kybassfan

Last night wasn't ok. Neither was last year. Neither was the home loss to Evansville or the ass kicking we took to Duke. The Kansas St loss, nope not ok either.

I would guess there are very few who've supported Cal moreso than me over the years. I watched his entire career going back to the Lou Roe days. I wanted him when BCG was hired.

The sad thing is this isn't the Cal we hired 12 years ago, he is a shell of himself.

There are some things happening now that just aren't ok. This loss, what if Sharpe doesn't come back? What if we wait again and fail next year?

I get '20 was canceled. I get '21 was a train wreck and I excused it. Losing last night, especially how they lost is 100% on Cal. To lose a 6 point lead with 3 minutes left (and we had the ball) is a freaking sham of a job. He did what he did in '08 and '15. He also went home with timeouts.

I don't know who the guy is anymore outside of a great humanitarian, I'm not sure he knows who he is.

I'm not going to quit watching games. I love UK...but damn, Cal needs to change or this ship will sink.

Maybe rock bottom is what it takes. Maybe that's what last night was. Time for him to do some soul searching.
Was there a point to that vomit? Really you should clean yourself up and brush your teeth. I’ll touch on a couple of points. The rest was just glops of sick.

- Nobody cares if you watch. When did you get the idea you mattered?

- Sharpe was not supposed to play this year. He is not a slave. What he does next tear his choice? What has the fanbase done to earn his loyalty?

The rest of it was was little more than whining.

Why won’t they fire a coach with 4 final fours and a title at the school he did those things?

So that gives him a pass forever.

Have to look at total body of work and with anything you have to look at recent results.

1 Title- 10 years ago
4 FF- 11, 10, 8 and 7 years ago
7 EE- 12, 11, 10, 8, 7, 5 and 3 years ago

Missed Tournies- 9 and 1 year ago
Upsets to lower seeds- WVU, UConn x2, IU, KSU, Auburn

Last night- last night....worst loss in school history probably...

Just about every coach being mentioned in the other thread about coaching candidates would use UK to get a big pay day. That is why I truly believe that Barnhart would go after someone like Mike Brey or someone like that.
Sad thing is we would be lucky to have Brey. He motivates his guys to play above the talent on his team. The shit we are dealing with now is pathetic, The Sharpe thing is pampering and it turned us into pusses. I know getting Cal out scares everyone but we are below water for several years now.

Was there a point to that vomit? Really you should clean yourself up and brush your teeth. I’ll touch on a couple of points. The rest was just glops of sick.

- Nobody cares if you watch. When did you get the idea you mattered?

- Sharpe was not supposed to play this year. He is not a slave. What he does next tear his choice? What has the fanbase done to earn his loyalty?

The rest of it was was little more than whining.

I love how you can't converse without name calling. Really embarrassing. You are the one that sounds like what you are describing.

@Tubbyfan78
@kybassfan

He is not ever gonna change because he has no incentive to change. Nobody is putting pressure on him to change. Barnhart smiles at him like a high school girl seeing her BF.

Cal is not worried about losing his job. He is completely safe and he knows it. Zero chance he changes. He was already using excuses last night. I don;t even care about next year if he is here. Why should I?

Have to look at total body of work and with anything you have to look at recent results.

1 Title- 10 years ago

That’s bad enough at UK to warm your seat up. It’s not bad enough to get you fired. Cal will never be fired as long as this program is relevant. Like it or not, competing for SEC titles and top 5 seeds is relevant. And he’s allowed 1 crap year per 5. I can’t stand him and have wanted him gone before anyone on this site. I’m just telling you the reality.

There are many who could pay it or combine to pay it. Doesn’t mean they are dumb enough to throw that money away for this cause.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
That’s bad enough at UK to warm your seat up. It’s not bad enough to get you fired. Cal will never be fired as long as this program is relevant. Like it or not, competing for SEC titles and top 5 seeds is relevant. And he’s allowed 1 crap year per 5. I can’t stand him and have wanted him gone before anyone on this site. I’m just telling you the reality.

That's fair. I don't know about 1 every 5 though.

Sad thing is we would be lucky to have Brey. He motivates his guys to play above the talent on his team. The shit we are dealing with now is pathetic, The Sharpe thing is pampering and it turned us into pusses. I know getting Cal out scares everyone but we are below water for several years now.
Doesn’t scare me a bit! However, we MUST make the right hire. There’s several coaches that could perform better than Cal has recently. By several, I mean 40-50 easily.

Doh, I got 23 mill sitting here with my baby dick. I think I’ll buy out that calimari dude…That is not how it works.

This is how it works: 16, 17, 18, 19 weren’t train wrecks. 20 canceled. 21 was a train wreck with extenuating circumstances, 22 substantially improved with a nose down finish. No proundly better big sick available candidate. Etc etc. Some rednecks want me to cough up 23 million to buy very little…….
Whatever.

He is not ever gonna change because he has no incentive to change. Nobody is putting pressure on him to change. Barnhart smiles at him like a high school girl seeing her BF.

Cal is not worried about losing his job. He is completely safe and he knows it. Zero chance he changes. He was already using excuses last night. I don;t even care about next year if he is here. Why should I?
Bye.

Reactions: Ed323232

1 Title- 10 years ago

Last night sucked but the Wisconsin loss and the UConn loss sucked way more. One was for a title and the other one was a chance to beat the piss out of duke for a title.

Last night sucked but the Wisconsin loss and the UConn loss sucked way more. One was for a title and the other one was a chance to beat the piss out of duke for a title.

Well yeah the titles always hurt but again, those were FF games. Call it what you will, biggest upset ever, worse non FF loss ever...whatever you want to call it last night was an embarrassment.

If Cal were to have a third disappointing year in a row, I’m not sure he’s going to hug his contract and be an asshat and try to hang on for many more years. I imagine he’d be happy with a severance package and moving on. He has a huge ego but he’s also smart enough to realize he doesn’t want to be remembered as a guy who stayed way too long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT