ADVERTISEMENT

Jockitch in trouble?

This quasi offensive culture crap where any perceived slight means an investigation is ridiculous.

i only read about the first paragraph but the fact this story makes me side with Dakich is sad.

He called the kid out for quitting on his team—which is exactly what he did—and instead of addressing the actual comment the professor goes straight to the no one can comment on this bc he is an unpaid one year college player schtick.

Color me unsurprised. The unpaid college player deal has nothing to do with college basketball commentators discussing a kid quitting on his team.

Dakich is a douchebag. But he’s right a lot of the time including this one.

Oh the horror—the guy was being a douchebag.

The fact this has now turned into an investigation is absurd. But really speaks to where society has evolved.
Fair assessment. However, Id be willing to bet thats not the worst of it.

Spelling his name out, giving office hrs and calling him a douche bag on the radio isn't exactly appropriate behavior for an espn commentator either.

That's a bad thing?
Im not saying its bad or good Im just stating what the article said.
He also spelled the professors name out and gave office hrs on his radio show.
All very unprofessional and you guys know it is deep down. Especially for an ESPN commentator.
He will get canned and probably should be!

• Angry
Reactions: BourbonBalz
Hes not going to get fired just for what he was saying on twitter, it's more how he was acting on his podcast.

This quasi offensive culture crap where any perceived slight means an investigation is ridiculous.

i only read about the first paragraph but the fact this story makes me side with Dakich is sad.

He called the kid out for quitting on his team—which is exactly what he did—and instead of addressing the actual comment the professor goes straight to the no one can comment on this bc he is an unpaid one year college player schtick.

Color me unsurprised. The unpaid college player deal has nothing to do with college basketball commentators discussing a kid quitting on his team.

Dakich is a douchebag. But he’s right a lot of the time including this one.
You may not like Dakish, but I do. I like him because he says what he wants, and doesn't give a shit if espn or duke likes it or not.

Fair assessment. However, Id be willing to bet thats not the worst of it.

Spelling his name out, giving office hrs and calling him a douche bag on the radio isn't exactly appropriate behavior for an espn commentator either.
The “Professors” inserted themselves into a topic that did not concern them. Their names were already out there based on their tweets. So, they’re fair game in my opinion. You don’t want to get called out? Keep your piehole shut.

Reading the actual comments makes me think this is just a silly overblown story.

I’ve long been a mostly liberal left-leaning guy politically, but even I can acknowledge that our PC cancel culture has spun wildly out of control.
The tweets weren't worthy of any action from ESPN, but Dakich has been suspended multiple times for his antics. Add that to what he was saying on his radio show, I can definitely see why he is going to be suspended or fired.

Think about this and not who said what, but the outcome:
"A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. It's happening to Americans."
One day it will be you they silence.

Think about this and not who said what, but the outcome:
"A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. It's happening to Americans."
One day it will be you they silence.
Spot on! But I will never be silenced and I pity the person that tries. It would get bloody.

• Haha
Reactions: dakid_0812
That's a bad thing?
Duke prof is probably going to say that Dakich was basically doxxing him. It really wasn't a smart decision by Dakich and he is at the mercy of whatever ESPN decides to do. You can air your grievances about this situation while respecting the professor's privacy and he did not.

Duke prof is probably going to say that Dakich was basically doxxing him. It really wasn't a smart decision by Dakich and he is at the mercy of whatever ESPN decides to do. You can air your grievances about this situation while respecting the professor's privacy and he did not.
Piss on the professor. Again, don’t open your piehole and then cry about it. Like the old saying says, “don’t start none , there won’t be none”.

Piss on the professor. Again, don’t open your piehole and then cry about it. Like the old saying says, “don’t start none , there won’t be none”.
True but people cant help but start, its an impossibility not to.

Last edited:
Reactions: chroix
Gotta remember too that if Dakich has a history of anything, it's starting stuff with people. I hate Duke as much as the next guy, but Dakich has always been a troll

And? I’m sure he/she is a douchebag since they’re at Dook.
And put aforementioned professors name and office hrs out on the air waves shortly after or before calling him aforementioned dooch bag.

Listen ESPN has been cutting fat for the last 2-3 yrs. nobody will miss a lil Jockitch.

Jockitch calling anyone a douche bag is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Gotta remember too that if Dakich has a history of anything, it's starting stuff with people. I hate Duke as much as the next guy, but Dakich has always been a troll
I like him. He’s a great analyst and he’s not afraid to speak his mind unlike all of the other corporate twats. Yes, he’s very gruff, but so what? So am I. LOL. I guess that’s why I like him.

And put aforementioned professors name and office hrs out on the air waves shortly after or before calling him aforementioned dooch bag.

Listen ESPN has been cutting fat for the last 2-3 yrs. nobody will miss a lil Jockitch.

See my post above.

Reactions: TheOtherGreatOne
See my post above.
I read it. However, that ish just typically doesnt fly in the media.
Everyone holds everyone else to an even higher standard than they hold themselves.
This country is full of hypocrites and phonies but guess what?
We will all one day have to stand before the judgement seat of Christ.
The tares will be separated from the wheat.
The tares will be cast into eternal fire, while the wheat will be ushered in to eternal paradise.
Go Cats!

Are you 12?

For those that dn't care to read his twitter....what exactly did he say that was controversial?

I read it. However, that ish just typically doesnt fly in the media.
Everyone holds everyone else to an even higher standard than they hold themselves.
This country is full of hypocrites and phonies but guess what?
We will all one day have to stand before the judgement seat of Christ.
The tares will be separated from the wheat.
The tares will be cast into eternal fire, while the wheat will be ushered in to eternal paradise.
Go Cats!
If enough people push back on it, it will damned sure fly. Unfortunately the country is full of woke, politically correct pu$$ies. I’m not one of them and never will be.

ADVERTISEMENT