ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy Dykes makes stupid statements.

BourbonBalz

All-American
Mar 5, 2005
He just said he’d have undefeated Baylor ranked 4th because they only beat Iowa St. by 2 this past week. LOL. An undefeated team that plays in by far the best conference this year. They’ve had a long layoff due to Covid and I doubt they got up for 2 win Iowa St. He just says stupid stuff at times.

Baylor was going along whipping everyone then

PPD...
PPD...
PPD....
PPD.....
PPD....

Then they come back and beat ISU by only 5 and looked terrible in the process and then

CANCEL

Now they come back after their 5th break in the season and lose to a mediocre Kansas team on the road. Eventually all the Covid breaks had to affect them. Let's see if they get they back on track these last 3 games(if they can get lucky and not have another covid break) and look like the Baylor team that was beating everyone by double digits.

Don't get the love affair some have with dykes. He's the king of saying stupid sht on the basketball side, just like Gary Danielson on the football side.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
I don’t like Jim because he’s too into himself. I can’t help but think about how awkward and uncomfortable it has to be around this man.
But I kind of see what he’s saying here.
Still like Dykes more than Kellogg.

Reactions: Girthang
Actually, right now, Baylor looks pretty average. I think their 2 week freeze trashed their mojo. That was a really bad time to have a total shutdown.
No doubt. They were playing great but the layoff has had an obvious effect. They looked terrible tonight but still have only one loss.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Don't get the love affair some have with dykes. He's the king of saying stupid sht on the basketball side, just like Gary Danielson on the football side.
I have always liked Danielson on the football broadcasts. The combo of him and Vern were top notch until Lundquist started slipping in his last few years. They complimented each other very well. Danielson knows his stuff. Sometimes he can come off as being a bit too fond of Alabama but, what can you say? The Tide are the real "gold standard" in college football. That program is a well oiled machine. Even though GD is a northerner, he has become the "voice" of SEC football broadcasts.

Jimmy Dykes is harmless. He has some quirks but, he's passionate and I like that. He's better by miles than Dukie V. and makes Walton look like a blithering idiot. Which, admittedly isn't very hard.

I have always liked Danielson on the football broadcasts. The combo of him and Vern were top notch until Lundquist started slipping in his last few years. They complimented each other very well. Danielson knows his stuff. Sometimes he can come off as being a bit too fond of Alabama but, what can you say? The Tide are the real "gold standard" in college football. That program is a well oiled machine. Even though GD is a northerner, he has become the "voice" of SEC football broadcasts.

Jimmy Dykes is harmless. He has some quirks but, he's passionate and I like that. He's better by miles than Dukie V. and makes Walton look like a blithering idiot. Which, admittedly isn't very hard.
Well, Walton is a blithering idiot and does not need any help in looking like it.

Reactions: KFuqua and Girthang
Anybody remember the “Dykes cam”? I was finished with after that display.

Sooooo desperate to sound cool , and come up with something that makes him the focal point .. calling weigh ins at bass tourney is PERFECT for him. He could whip a bunch of drunk rednecks into a frenzy " He bust this 5.6 down by the nail in the weed bed " or some shit .

Reactions: BourbonBalz

Sorry, but no. Danielson is an idiot as a commentator. I don't see how anyone that is that ignorant or wrong nearly as much as he is ever played QB in the NFL. Not that he WAS ANY GOOD there either. Made the Bears look great and for that I'll always be thankful. He's just too fos for me.

I don’t like Jim because he’s too into himself. I can’t help but think about how awkward and uncomfortable it has to be around this man.
But I kind of see what he’s saying here.
Still like Dykes more than Kellogg.

That's a big part of it for me. He thinks he's clever, and he would be if he was writing for the the 6th-10th grade newspaper. He's better in the moment than Kellogg, but I like Kellogg in pregame analysis as long as UK isn't the game they're previewing.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut87
no i think that title belongs to dick vitale

That's a big part of it for me. He thinks he's clever, and he would be if he was writing for the the 6th-10th grade newspaper. He's better in the moment than Kellogg, but I like Kellogg in pregame analysis as long as UK isn't the game they're previewing.
I know what you mean with our pregames with Clark. I’ve never heard him say comfortably anything positive about UK.

Reactions: Girthang
Sorry, but no. Danielson is an idiot as a commentator. I don't see how anyone that is that ignorant or wrong nearly as much as he is ever played QB in the NFL. Not that he WAS ANY GOOD there either. Made the Bears look great and for that I'll always be thankful. He's just too fos for me.
I think I'll stick with the guy who did play major college football and spent at least some time in the NFL versus some random "Girthang" dude posting his opinion on a messageboard.
:rolleyes:

I think I'll stick with the guy who did play major college football and spent at least some time in the NFL versus some random "Girthang" dude posting his opinion on a messageboard.
:rolleyes:

Lol. Awww. I'd ask you if his nutsack was wrinkly, but you'd have to spit it out first. "Stick with the guy" all you want. Makes no difference to me you random "dude posting his opinion on a message board."

Lmao... Works both ways

He just said he’d have undefeated Baylor ranked 4th because they only beat Iowa St. by 2 this past week. LOL. An undefeated team that plays in by far the best conference this year. They’ve had a long layoff due to Covid and I doubt they got up for 2 win Iowa St. He just says stupid stuff at times.
I thought Baylor recently lost a game.

The world is full of unknowns who are so much better than the ones recognized for their success. And they’re here to tell you they are.

Lol. Awww. I'd ask you if his nutsack was wrinkly, but you'd have to spit it out first. "Stick with the guy" all you want. Makes no difference to me you random "dude posting his opinion on a message board."

Lmao... Works both ways
Typical. No substantive response. Just a tired infantile nonsense you probably heard at recess a year or two ago.
Thanks for contributing nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT