ADVERTISEMENT

Jeep removes Springsteen Ad

He blew a .02

He blew a .02

He also had an open container and was drinking in a national park. That’s why he was arrested.

Love Springsteen, but thought it was kind of a weird ad, that really didn't make much of a point

The fact that he was out driving his motorcycle, stopped to take some pictures with fans, and accepted and drank a shot of tequila with the fans while sitting on his motorcycle actually makes him more of a common man in my book.

Reactions: The-Hack
The fact that he was out driving his motorcycle, stopped to take some pictures with fans, and accepted and drank a shot of tequila with the fans while sitting on his motorcycle actually makes him more of a common man in my book.
Is that what really happened? If so . . . gimme a break.

Sounds like he was about to head over to Mary's Place

Et49BC6XYAICgpz

I was a Springsteen fan but sort of over him now. But, how is it that a guy worth >$300 million is a spokesman for the 'common man'? He hasn't been 'common' since Born to Run blew up.
I suspect he has some cognitive dissonance going on, if he's allowing the thought to enter his mind. He made his mark speaking for the working class. The working class -at least the white members of it - vote Republican now. Which of course is antithetical to what he believes in. If he puts 2+2 together, it should make his head spin.

Edit: I should say, before the vultures attack, I'm not reading into Springsteen's work and life any sort of "pro-white' stance. Of course he represents folks of all creed and color. But the white working class is a thing, and if you had told him in 1975 what the world would look like today, it would have caused some reflection, I'd say.....

Reactions: dezyDeco
He was a douche from the word go. He was the product of an advertising campaign.

Big money was behind it.
In an era when albums retailed for less than $10, Columbia Records spent $250,000 to promote Born to Run. The campaign included television commercials and an en masse repurposing of music critic Jon Landau's 1974 quote about Springsteen as the "rock and roll future."

I don't care for his politics but I have seen him 12 times and never once have I heard him say 1 thing political. The only thing he does at every concert is take about 30 seconds to say that they have people from a local food bank in the lobbies collecting money and asking for donations. If you consider that political than agree to disagree. As long as he doesn't jam it down my throat when I'm paying to be entertained, I don't care.
Roger Waters on the other hand. I don't pay good money to go see some idiot break up a perfectly good concert so some other idiot that has never flown a remote control blimp around take 10 minutes to fly a remote control blimp around that says Trump's a Pig.
Oh yeah, and not only is this the best song on the Born to Run album but it's his best ever.

I don't care for his politics but I have seen him 12 times and never once have I heard him say 1 thing political. The only thing he does at every concert is take about 30 seconds to say that they have people from a local food bank in the lobbies collecting money and asking for donations. If you consider that political than agree to disagree. As long as he doesn't jam it down my throat when I'm paying to be entertained, I don't care.
Roger Waters on the other hand. I don't pay good money to go see some idiot break up a perfectly good concert so some other idiot that has never flown a remote control blimp around take 10 minutes to fly a remote control blimp around that says Trump's a Pig.
Oh yeah, and not only is this the best song on the Born to Run album but it's his best ever.
That is one of the truly great classic rock songs, like poetry

Obviously a lot of the right wingers on this site are easily triggered by singers

He was a douche from the word go. He was the product of an advertising campaign.

Big money was behind it.
In an era when albums retailed for less than $10, Columbia Records spent $250,000 to promote Born to Run. The campaign included television commercials and an en masse repurposing of music critic Jon Landau's 1974 quote about Springsteen as the "rock and roll future."

He was a douche because his record label advertised his album? What do you think a record label does? You might want to sit down for this, but I've got some news for you about every other signed recording artist that exists...

Mmmmm.

I’m pretty partial to Nebraska songs.

Most beautiful (and only?) melody written to honor drag racing: Racing in the Street (from another album).

Hard to get to hear him play it now. I’m sure the insurance industry would prefer he not

Obviously a lot of the right wingers on this site are easily triggered by singers

Wait just a cotton pickin’ minute.

You mean to tell me that a folk singer leans to the left??

That has to be a first!!

Somebody get Pete Seeger on the damn phone!!!!

Reactions: Tskware

Big money was behind it.

Just stop. I was in high school when BTR was released, and everyone on the planet was listening to it. And for the record, Springsteen was no overnight sensation, BTR was at least his 3rd record, he was in his mid 20s and about flat broke after being in the music business for 6 or 7 years. In short, he worked his ass off to get what he got.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT