ADVERTISEMENT

Jealous of Kansas

Bill Self is the biggest cheater in college sports history

Gotta believe a lot of internet UK fans never even attended UK and have zero pride in the University other than living vicariously through the basketball teams and getting in their rival friends faces at work when times are good, lol.

What an embarrassment of a topic.

Let's not act like Cal was a saint either before he came to UK. Dude had Derrick Rose's brothers and what not flying with the Memphis players like they were part of the team.

Name a thing he’s done on UK’s watch. Some UK internet posters are an embarrassment and clearly didn’t attend UK.

Last edited:
Self’s roster next year looks really bleak. He’s losing his two elite offensive players (Wilson, Dick) and it’s unrealistic to count on incoming FR to provide that. I don’t see where he finds any scoring unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat via the portal. If I had to put $ on it, I’d def bet agaisnt a top 4 seed. Might even be a bubble team.

It’s all cyclical. We have wash years every other season like the other top programs.

Man. I hate threads like this. Is there truth to it? Yes. But I would never give Kansas fans the satisfaction of coming here and reading it. Have some pride. Don’t shine those assholes up. You can still shit in Kentucky without shining up our rivals. What’s the point?

During the game, the announcer had said that in Bill Self’s 20 year career at Kansas, they’ve never been worse than a 4 seed. That’s truly remarkable. Unfortunately nowadays at Kentucky, we are thrilled with a 4 seed. But that’s 20 straight years of a team in contention every single year without 1 “bad” season. I know Self took some heat about only having 1 championship until last season. But it’s freaking hard to win championships (more so in college basketball than football). Players don’t have to play in college for 3 years.
But man, I’d just love to have that type of consistency
Self has underachieved a lot to, he just gets a little pass now because he has 2 now

We've been very average since 2017, and below average for most of 2020 until the present.

That's exactly what everyone, including UK fans, said about Cal BEFORE he came to UK.

Now, only opposing team fans think Cal is the biggest cheater in college sports history.
Name one thing he’s done at UK? The stuff on Self recently is proven, not just chatter. This thread is so embarrassing. Geez.

You can just see Duke ku and unc are a bigger program and deal then we are now. UK is like iu. Great history but nothing else anymore.

Name one thing he’s done at UK? The stuff on Self recently is proven, not just chatter. This thread is so embarrassing. Geez.
Did you not read the BEFORE he came to UK part of that post????

The PERCEPTION of Cal by other teams' fans is that he didn’t suddenly quit cheating when he came to UK.

Like it or not, that is the perception of John Calipari from others.

Self’s roster next year looks really bleak. He’s losing his two elite offensive players (Wilson, Dick) and it’s unrealistic to count on incoming FR to provide that. I don’t see where he finds any scoring unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat via the portal. If I had to put $ on it, I’d def bet agaisnt a top 4 seed. Might even be a bubble team.

It’s all cyclical. We have wash years every other season like the other top programs.
Tbh... It is like that for Self every year. Oachi (sp?) was meh until last year... Wilson meh last year (no one expected him to be like this in 22-23). Gets kids to step up.... and solid supporting cast Never relies on freshmen.
Not to mention that the transfer portal can fix a lot... e.g. K-State.

KU doesn't get nearly as many one and done's as UK. Dick might be that this year, but before that I think Josh Jackson was the last one. KU still gets talent (mainly 4 star kids), but they don't have the option to go pro. Therefore as you mentioned they develop and get better and better. By the time they are juniors and seniors they are 21-22 years old who have been in the system for 3-4 years and know how to play the ball Self asks. I really think this is more of an effective formula. When was the last time a team won it all with mainly freshman and sophomores? Duke and Kentucky are somewhat in the same boat these days. Dominate recruiting, but don't have as much to show it (although Duke did have their Final Four last year)
This. Self dabbled with it with Josh Selby, Xavier Henry but he never went all in on the 1nD youth movement. He didn’t build that culture of a revolving door and instead recruited players who came it expecting to be there a year or 2 before playing. You go after the occasional star like Zion but for the most part they haven’t prioritized it.

It’s allowed them to be more consistent than anyone else the last 15 years without the random fall off a cliff year when you have a weak HS class

The cheating claims about Self are kind of bizarre and also funny. Because what cheating is involved to get the players who were 2-3 stars in high school, and developed into stars over years? Like Agbaji (developed into a solid NBA player over 4 years at KU), Braun (developed into NBA first round pick over 3 years), and even lesser players out of high school who developed even more under Self like Frank Mason (national player of the year as a senior), or Devonte Graham, led them to a Final Four as a senior, became an impact NBA player.

The Self success, including titles, is way more from these kids, that CCCal or Duke never even knew existed in high school, not from some sort of cheating for their occasional 1&D high school stars.

• Love
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
During the game, the announcer had said that in Bill Self’s 20 year career at Kansas, they’ve never been worse than a 4 seed. That’s truly remarkable. Unfortunately nowadays at Kentucky, we are thrilled with a 4 seed. But that’s 20 straight years of a team in contention every single year without 1 “bad” season. I know Self took some heat about only having 1 championship until last season. But it’s freaking hard to win championships (more so in college basketball than football). Players don’t have to play in college for 3 years.
Become a Kansas fan.

Self has underachieved a lot to, he just gets a little pass now because he has 2 now
He's had some really bad tournament losses as a favorite during his time there... Bucknell, Bradley, Northern Iowa, VCU and Stanford. Some Kansas fans won't admit it but Self has taken a lot of heat over those games.

But I don't believe our fans who claim they wouldn't like Self coming in as the head coach.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I love how he is squeaky clean and they do have 4 titles, I'm so jealous

We worry about making the tourney while they worry about 1 vs 2 seeds ... we are fiddling as Rome ( Lexington) burns .
Serious question. Do you only post when KY is down? I noticed on the football board you did that also. That wasn't my question, it is, are you a fan of another team, or just so GD miserable, you want everyone to be miserable?

I'm on the side of wanting cal gone, but in no way would I trade programs with current coaches. cal is no angel, but self runs a very dirty program.
Honestly I just soon not care bout the current program than to root for
something so blatantly currupt as what self is running

Serious question. Do you only post when KY is down? I noticed on the football board you did that also. That wasn't my question, it is, are you a fan of another team, or just so GD miserable, you want everyone to be miserable?
Serious answer . Its only you . Glad its working .

Reactions: JC CATS
ADVERTISEMENT