ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Williams: "There were a lot of questionable calls" in UK-UNC

Jay is awesome and best in business!

:sunglasses:

(Yes, i know he is being pro-UK and there fore i am being biased)

Jay Williams! He's great, right?

I mean today IS the day we're supposed to like him, I think. Or maybe that's not until tomorrow. So confusing.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I like that he almost laughed when saying "a lot of questionable calls", implying they were worse than questionable.

BUT, I know that UNC fans will simply discredit anything he says because he is a Dukie (& they hate each other worse than they hate us)

Of course he's going to be biased for his team. If you take the times he's talking about them out of the equation you find a guy that's pretty good at the job. There are times he does troll other teams, but I actually like the guy's who have a little give and take with the fans.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Anyone that's being honest will admit that the first half was horribly officiated, with the most egregious calls all going in UNC's favor. It's not sour grapes or "Blue Goggles" to say that, even Dan freakin' Wolken who is no fan of Cal's said as much.

Jay Williams has thrown shade at us a large part of the season. Short memories?

He's a dookie but the kid had game. Still feel bad for what happened to him in the pros.
He was a damn good player. Tubby recruited him and I was very hopeful to get him. He was looking at UK, Duke and UNC the hardest, IIRC. He was good friends with Joseph Forte, that played at UNC, and was on Bogans' high school team at Dematha.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
We caught up with ESPN's Jay Williams in Chicago and he told us he thinks Calipari is "brilliant" at preparing young kids for the spotlight....and that includes Sunday's game and how it was officiated.

very classy of him to admit that. i pretty much was floored by the non-calls against bam in the first half. it's absolutely UNFAIR.

i don't buy this shit for a second

their rivalry is more of a circle jerk than anything

Yes, you know more about UNC and Duke fans than me. I've just lived/worked in the middle of their fans (<30minfrom both campuses) for the past 21 years.
Moron.

ADVERTISEMENT