ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Bilas

I'm a fan. I get to have a biased opinion. Jay Bilas is a commentator. He isn't necessarily a reporter that has to remain unbiased. He is paid to present a learned opinion. His problem, imo, was he cherry picked the data for forming his opinion. He ignored bad losses & the fact that other teams are as good or better than Duke. He went all in and now he looks foolish. The longed he continues to argue, the more foolish he looks. His opinions are quickly becoming less credible.

Reactions: Bkocats and Conn501
He is a former Duke player therefore I do not like him. Pretty simple really. Carry on.

Jay has entered the witness protection program and is now the director of media relations for the ACC.

Screen_Shot_2015-10-08_at_1.53.34_PM.png

Ha. We have posters on this very board that will bash you if you don't swear on a stack of bibles that (random Kentucky player name) is the greatest player of all-time. Some pretty thin skin around here if you're not wearing the thickest of blue glasses. It wasn't too long ago that this board loved Jay Bilas for some of the praise he was giving Cal and UK. Now he's a whipping boy cause he was pretty high on a talented team that had just won a pretty tough conf tournament.
I agree in the sense that I still think he knows more basketball than any of the other commentators. But I do think he's so arrogant now - 5 years ago when he had a hot take, he'd state it and that was that.

Now, he looks for a contentious take and then goes at length crapping on people who disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT