ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Bilas can't-miss prospect Okafor

I mean he put up 18 and 7 as a rookie in the NBA. He was just terrible at defense and then had Embiid in front of him the following seasons.

I said in my following post that he was a good college player. He's not a bum in the NBA either by any means, but definitely is not playing anywhere close to the hype he received in HS. He reminds me of the Carmelo Anthony of big men. He can score and has a good knack for that, but that's about it. He should be a good rebounder too imo, but isn't. Also, I think it has more to do with Embiid playing in front of him. If that was one of the main reasons, the Sixers would have got a lot more out of that trade than they did.

I said in my following post that he was a good college player. He's not a bum in the NBA either by any means, but definitely is not playing anywhere close to the hype he received in HS. He reminds me of the Carmelo Anthony of big men. He can score and has a good knack for that, but that's about it. He should be a good rebounder too imo, but isn't. Also, I think it has more to do with Embiid playing in front of him. If that was one of the main reasons, the Sixers would have got a lot more out of that trade than they did.

They weren’t able to get more out of the trade because they declined his option. I’m not saying they would have got a lot more with the option but it contributed a lot to him not having much value. I’m still not sure why they didn’t pick it up if they were gonna trade him in the next month.

They weren’t able to get more out of the trade because they declined his option. I’m not saying they would have got a lot more with the option but it contributed a lot to him not having much value. I’m still not sure why they didn’t pick it up if they were gonna trade him in the next month.

Considering how much negative I've heard surrounding Okafor for a while now, I'm going to guess it really wouldn't have made that big of a difference had there been an option.

Him sucking contributed to his value. Like most Duke players in the NBA, they struggle.

Thanks to Nike for covering this fact on the recruiting trail and pushing K for his going out legacy. He needed it badly.

Yes, grad school. Ironically did my undergrad at Mercer.

What were Duke basketball academic admissions like when coach K arrived, and how do they compare to today?

Been wondering the answer to this for ever. Ya know, since Cal is the one destroying the student athlete and all?

So then why was Okafor's trade value so low the past 2 seasons before the option was even available?

Krzyzewski successfully lobbied for Duke to reduce the academic entrance requirements to that of the ACC for men's basketball. Duke was ridiculed by Stanford, Notre Dame and a few others for doing that.

What were Duke basketball academic admissions like when coach K arrived, and how do they compare to today?

Been wondering the answer to this for ever. Ya know, since Cal is the one destroying the student athlete and all?

No idea I wasn’t born yet. And as someone who earned their way in I don’t really care. Doesn’t affect my degree or the job I got from it. I enjoy watching my basketball team win. Every school compromises for athletes, getting upset over degrees to which they do isn’t worth it.

didnt read all through this but dont forget Okafors street fights too. what he have at least 2? that shit will get you way more than your game and or motor. t

No idea I wasn’t born yet. And as someone who earned their way in I don’t really care. Doesn’t affect my degree or the job I got from it. I enjoy watching my basketball team win. Every school compromises for athletes, getting upset over degrees to which they do isn’t worth it.

Is it not a valid duscussion?

Are we sure you earned your way in? Obviously Duke isn't like other private elite colleges, they'll clearly bend admission standards. I don't care what it's for. Bagley probably couldn't enroll at Harvard, neither could Duvall.

In the conversation geared toward "student athletes" and the effects college basketball has on the term, it matters greatly. Funny none of you discuss it, even when you're alumni.

Duke is a fraud in mamy ways. And coach K has damaged the "student athlete" meaning way more than Cal ever did. Good thing you've got those lying and corrupt media heads all over the east coast hiding his true self.

Is it not a valid duscussion?

Are we sure you earned your way in? Obviously Duke isn't like other private elite colleges, they'll clearly bend admission standards. I don't care what it's for. Bagley probably couldn't enroll at Harvard, neither could Duvall.

In the conversation geared toward "student athletes" and the effects college basketball has on the term, it matters greatly. Funny none of you discuss it, even when you're alumni.

Duke is a fraud in mamy ways. And coach K has damaged the "student athlete" meaning way more than Cal ever did. Good thing you've got those lying and corrupt media heads all over the east coast hiding his true self.

How do you think I got in?

What damage has the “student athlete” sustained because of coach K? I would also point out neither you nor I know anything about the players intelligence or grades.

How do you think I got in?

What damage has the “student athlete” sustained because of coach K? I would also point out neither you nor I know anything about the players intelligence or grades.

Yea, early we don't know that Duvall and Bagely aren't "private ivy league" material. :joy:

You can sail that boat down another river.

Coach K has taken an elite institution which once had admission standards and turned it into a diploma mill for basketball players. If student athlete doesn't mean anything at a school like Duke, what do you think that means for the entire student athlete charade? Clearly this isn't hard to understand.

As far as you go, who knows, maybe Duke isn't that difficult to get into. Maybe it's not as prestigious as people believed. I think K has damaged the reputation personally.

Btw, Kentucky couldn't guarantee admission to Bagley, and we didn't sniff Duvall. But Duke is good to go huh.

Lol elite my ass. Leave that to schools with real admission standards.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
another failure dookie.
Lets check the score:
NBA all nba players: 1
NBA busts: 8,765,309
[cheers]

Yea, early we don't know that Duvall and Bagely aren't "private ivy league" material. :joy:

You can sail that boat down another river.

Coach K has taken an elite institution which once had admission standards and turned it into a diploma mill for basketball players. If student athlete doesn't mean anything at a school like Duke, what do you think that means for the entire student athlete charade? Clearly this isn't hard to understand.

As far as you go, who knows, maybe Duke isn't that difficult to get into. Maybe it's not as prestigious as people believed. I think K has damaged the reputation personally.

Btw, Kentucky couldn't guarantee admission to Bagley, and we didn't sniff Duvall. But Duke is good to go huh.

Lol elite my ass. Leave that to schools with real admission standards.

Do you think Cal gets players into UK who wouldn’t otherwise get in?

ETA: also how often do you use emojis? Just curious.

UK has a hard core compliance officer that follows NCAA rules by the book. If UK steps out of line the NCAA would destroy UK. The NCAA went after UK over a stupid 500 win game ball given to Cal by the University.

Duke has a black box committee that makes admission decisions.

Reactions: morgousky
UK has a hard core compliance officer that follows NCAA rules by the book. If UK steps out of line the NCAA would destroy UK. The NCAA went after UK over a stupid 500 win game ball given to Cal by the University.

Duke has a black box committee that makes admission decisions.

Acceptance into the university has nothing to do with the NCAA.

The question I asked is if Cal has got anyone into UK that wild normally not have got in. Are Kentucky’s acceptance standards lower than the NCAA minimum?
Wooh....Wooh... is this thing on...let's try this again:

I will be very clear: No, Cal has not because UK would be destroyed by the NCAA.

Wooh....Wooh... is this thing...let's try this again:

I’m not asking about the NCAA. Holy Cow. I’m asking about the high school academics and test scores of UK basketball players vs the normal acceptance standards for normal UK students. That has nothing to do with the NCAA. The NCAA doesn’t care about who UK normally accepts. Just if they meet the NCAA minimum requirements.

Here's what I think. I think Duke uses the "diploma" to try and lure recruits, when in fact a Duke basketball players defree has been watered down and made worthless. You are not an elite institution when it comes to that. You're actually worse than other universities.

I stand by my statement and believe it. Coach K, because Duke was once elite, has damaged the reputation of your diploma and the idea of student athlete.

Bagley and Duval at Duke, lol. I'm still laughing over that. Glad U.K actually has standards.

Here's what I think. I think Duke uses the "diploma" to try and lure recruits, when in fact a Duke basketball players defree has been watered down and made worthless. You are not an elite institution when it comes to that. You're actually worse than other universities.

I stand by my statement and believe it. Coach K, because Duke was once elite, has damaged the reputation of your diploma and the idea of student athlete.

Bagley and Duval at Duke, lol. I'm still laughing over that. Glad U.K actually has standards.

So can you answer the question?

I’m not asking about the NCAA. Holy Cow. I’m asking about the high school academics and test scores of UK basketball players vs the normal acceptance standards for normal UK students. That has nothing to do with the NCAA. The NCAA doesn’t care about who UK normally accepts. Just if they meet the NCAA minimum requirements.
UK accepts students across the spectrum of applicants:

https://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/college/college_pg02_tmpl.jhtml?schoolId=1532

Unlike Duke who has the requirements of Harvard until a point guard taking classes at a fake high school is needed by K.

UK accepts students across the spectrum of applicants:

https://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/college/college_pg02_tmpl.jhtml?schoolId=1532

Unlike Duke who has the requirements of Harvard until a point guard taking classes at a fake high school is needed by K.

UK still has to draw the line somewhere every year. They don’t let everyone in. I imagine there are some players on the team who would be in the wrong side of that line. I have no problem with t for the record. I’m just saying compromise is compromise to me.

UK still has to draw the line somewhere every year. They don’t let everyone in. I imagine there are some players on the team who would be in the wrong side of that line. I have no problem with t for the record. I’m just saying compromise is compromise to me.
I am saying Duke is compromising based on their reputation and history and based on the data shown UK is not. Duke has compromised its academic standards to compete.

NON Sequitur: UNC has no academic standards so they can win.

I am saying Duke is compromising based on their reputation and history and based on the data shown UK is not. Duke has compromised its academic standards to compete.

NON Sequitur: UNC has no academic standards so they can win.

So you think every player that has played for Cal at UK would have been accepted to UK if they didn’t play basketball?

So you think every player that has played for Cal at UK would have been accepted to UK if they didn’t play basketball?
Did you not see the page I posted? NCAA minimum would fall in the lowest category (1%) but basketball players would not make up 1% of admissions unless you think 5-8 basketball players make up 1% of the students admitted to the University of Kentucky each year.

At this point just move on...

You seem close to being triggered.

Bow out now , they’re both destroying you in this debate.

ADVERTISEMENT