ADVERTISEMENT

Javonte Richardson

You used a few overachievers as a testament to Mark “Belichick” Stoops’ development and I countered that even the recruiting savant known as Joker Phillips had a few kids who outperformed expectations.

What is your problem, you don't like the fact that I support our team, and right now Stoops is the coach of that team? And will be a few years at least, it looks like. We are talking about improvement, and the talent has improved incredibly since the team he took over with TWO four stars on the roster, one of which that practically never played. Also the record has improved a great deal, two consecutive bowl games and we had a very good showing against a higher rated opponent this year without our best offensive weapon, by far..

How about holding your hatred in until recruiting is over at least, or is that impossible?

Last edited:
Until we get a QB that can throw the ball to these WR's, none of us are going to know if they are any good. I am tired of reading how this WR and that WR is tearing it up in practice or the Spring game, yet when the season starts, our QB's don't have the ability to get the ball to them. Granted Conrad got hurt but before that, we could not get the ball to him. Bowden came in with all of the hype and we could not get the ball to him. I always thought Blake Bone could have been a difference maker with his height, yet I bet the guy did not have 20 balls thrown to him in the 4 years he played. Next season, it will Benny right, Benny left, Benny up the middle..

I don't think so, if we have a better passing QB, and I think there is an excellent chance of that. Not only that, but I think the OL will be greatly improved, ALONG WITH our receiving corp.

Reactions: CGblue
Lets keep it really negative ...the skill players on this team are bad. The skill guys in this class look to be about the same kind of player. Of course , that is if we're all talking about the same thing. ..good div 1 football.

Fixed

What is your problem, you don't like the fact that I support our team, and right now Stoops is the coach of that team? And will be a few years at least, it looks like. We are talking about improvement, and the talent has improved incredibly since the team he took over with TWO four stars on the roster, one of which that practically never played. Also the record has improved a great deal, two consecutive bowl games and we had a very good showing against a higher rated opponent this year without our best offensive weapon, by far..

How about holding your hatred in until recruiting is over at least, or is that impossible?

There’s a difference between supporting your team and being a blind homer. Folks like you make excuses for incompetence and promote mediocrity.

I know you “hope” Stoops will suddenly learn how to coach but we are in year 6 of this experiment - bad, bad, O - bad, bad D - farted away the weakest SOS of my lifetime. Hoping to be bailed out by a JUCO QB again, one RB (albeit, a really good one), an OL that can’t pass block, thin at WR, a mediocre DL, questionable secondary... but hey, our punter looks legit.

Keep pumping, jauk!

Reactions: sluggercatfan
This whole deal is going in the wrong direction. They needed to make some kind of change to stop the bleeding. I hope they have something up their sleeve in the next month. .if not, the skill players on this roster will be comparable to WKU.

If recent head to head contests were any indication that would mean an upgrade for us.

Reactions: jauk11
How far back are you going for the WKU TEs? Stoops era? Doyle graduated before Stoops coached a game.

Higbee's first 3 years. 491 yards and 6 TDs
Conrad's first 3 years. 697 yards and 9 TDs

We can only hope Conrad is as good...

Just to let you know Conrad is a TE and Taylor is a WR. You can't compare #s like that for a WR vs TE.

Yep

There’s a difference between supporting your team and being a blind homer. Folks like you make excuses for incompetence and promote mediocrity.

I know you “hope” Stoops will suddenly learn how to coach but we are in year 6 of this experiment - bad, bad, O - bad, bad D - farted away the weakest SOS of my lifetime. Hoping to be bailed out by a JUCO QB again, one RB (albeit, a really good one), an OL that can’t pass block, thin at WR, a mediocre DL, questionable secondary... but hey, our punter looks legit.

Keep pumping, jauk!

Oh look, another like, it's------

On never mind, your negativity might be worse than his.

Keep pumping, jauk!

"bad, bad, O - bad, bad D"

And yet they won more than they lost two years in a row playing in the SEC, when is the last time that happened, second time in forty years?

They must be doing something right.

REAL fans support their team, if you demand more talk to mitch, let me know what he says.

And yet they won more than they lost two years in a row playing in the SEC, when is the last time that happened, second time in forty years?

REAL fans support their team, if you demand more talk to mitch, let me know what he says.

Man - you are getting worked up, jauk. You couldn't respond just once, you needed another round.

We played a crap schedule and the only good team we beat was USC jr. We set up to win 9-10-11 games and ole Knute Stoops could only squeak out 7. It's not getting any easier and the team is losing a ton of talent.

Keep supporting this clown show. I'll be here to laugh at you when the light finally comes on.

Are you a "fan" or a "supporter" ?

You get lucky every now and then? Even Joker “OVC talent” Phillips recruited a few guys who were good.

You started posting in 2010, right? How about Joker's first class which had ONE 5.7 when he took over late. One that he recruited himself, Sanders. Then at the LAST MINUTE he added THREE 5.7s AND a four star-------ONE four star was ABOVE our average per year before Stoops, since they started having them, and his one four star, Smith, along with all three of the late 5.7s, did didley at UK.

Yeah, Cobb was outstanding (still is in the NFL), he was a two star before a COVER YOUR A$$ offer by Thug U, his college growing up, they weren't used to offering two stars, their previous class was third in the nation with FIVE FIVE stars and eleven four stars. Cobb's class had ONE four star, home town Boyd (anyone remember him, had ONE good game IIRC), another home town 5.7 in Guy, and a third 5.7 in Idomwoyi or whatever from Texas, even with those three the class average was much LESS than a three star at 5.380, with the MAJORITY of the class two stars.

So UK got ONE great player in the class because Thug U screwed up, what did they recruit around him? They got two four stars in 09, BOTH JC transfers from California, only here two years, and Moss that never overcame injuries or whatever. UK's MAIN problem before Stoops was raw TALENT, Brooks was a great coach at finding AND developing talent with the BARE MINIMUM support football got then, Stoops is doing a great deal to upgrade that problem, AND since he WILL be here for a while why not try to support his effort with this class, instead of trying to discourage it with all your CONSTANT criticism and NEGATIVITY. You and Grouchy, that likes all your posts.

That is, IF you really are a fan.

Man - you are getting worked up, jauk. You couldn't respond just once, you needed another round.

We played a crap schedule and the only good team we beat was USC jr. We set up to win 9-10-11 games and ole Knute Stoops could only squeak out 7. It's not getting any easier and the team is losing a ton of talent.

Keep supporting this clown show. I'll be here to laugh at you when the light finally comes on.

Losing a ton of talent, compared to what, certainly not compared to what they are bringing in, plus probably the biggest group of redshirts ever. You should at least wait until you see what next years team looks like. That is IF you are a fan.

You started posting in 2010, right? How about Joker's first class which had ONE 5.7 when he took over late. One that he recruited himself, Sanders. Then at the LAST MINUTE he added THREE 5.7s AND a four star-------ONE four star was ABOVE our average per year before Stoops, since they started having them, and his one four star, Smith, along with all three of the late 5.7s, did didley at UK.

Yeah, Cobb was outstanding (still is in the NFL), he was a two star before a COVER YOUR A$$ offer by Thug U, his college growing up, they weren't used to offering two stars, their previous class was third in the nation with FIVE FIVE stars and eleven four stars. Cobb's class had ONE four star, home town Boyd (anyone remember him, had ONE good game IIRC), another home town 5.7 in Guy, and a third 5.7 in Idomwoyi or whatever from Texas, even with those three the class average was much LESS than a three star at 5.380, with the MAJORITY of the class two stars.

So UK got ONE great player in the class because Thug U screwed up, what did they recruit around him? They got two four stars in 09, BOTH JC transfers from California, only here two years, and Moss that never overcame injuries or whatever. UK's MAIN problem before Stoops was raw TALENT, Brooks was a great coach at finding AND developing talent with the BARE MINIMUM support football got then, Stoops is doing a great deal to upgrade that problem, AND since he WILL be here for a while why not try to support his effort with this class, instead of trying to discourage it with all your CONSTANT criticism and NEGATIVITY. You and Grouchy, that likes all your posts.

That is, IF you really are a fan.

I don't support something mediocre due to affiliation (like dumb ass political fools who will support anything their party trots out), even if it's my beloved Cats. Nor do I support something because "it will be here a while". I don't support things for fear that we can't do any better (like losers who are scared to break up with their kind of cute, slightly overweight gf in the odd chance they can't find someone else somewhat attractive and slightly overweight).

Stoops is not a trainwreck but he's not far from it. I can go into all the particulars but you've heard them enough. Until he either proves me wrong (please do so) or is fired, I'll voice that opinion.

I don't support something mediocre due to affiliation (like dumb ass political fools who will support anything their party trots out), even if it's my beloved Cats. Nor do I support something because "it will be here a while". I don't support things for fear that we can't do any better (like losers who are scared to break up with their kind of cute, slightly overweight gf in the odd chance they can't find someone else somewhat attractive and slightly overweight).

Stoops is not a trainwreck but he's not far from it. I can go into all the particulars but you've heard them enough. Until he either proves me wrong (please do so) or is fired, I'll voice that opinion.
Here, here...excellent post

Reactions: RonEJones

lol

That should have been worth a dozen likes, wonder what happened, but the good news is you got one in return.

lol

Are you sure you two aren't related, is that your son?

Last edited:

You and your buddy sure treat him like a trainwreck, are you sure you are telling the truth?

But you got another like, surprise, lol.

Last edited:

"Losing a ton of talent", do you know how ridiculous you sound by trying to stretch your biased negativity beyond all limits?

We lose ONE starter on D, and a lot of posters had problems with his talent, great person, but not a great player. A pretty big player, but FAR from weighing a ton. And the FIVE starters that had a legit shot at going pro ALL returning, FOUR of them on defense,and what does that say about the players not liking the coaches?

On O we lose a QB, and we will probably have a much more talented QB, whoever it is, AND we do have a very good QB coach, according to almost everyone, you excluded of course. We will lose ONE talented WR, Ross still in question, but more than offset by Baker returning for a fifth year, we will have a very good WR corp that should be better with a better passing QB, Richardson, Bowden with a full years preparation, some sophs that played as true frosh AND others. Maybe the BEST returning RB in the SEC, when is the last time we could say that? A very good TE that would have probably been drafted if he hadn't missed so much because of injuries, with a backup that filled in very well, and a four star coming in.

AND the BEST part, almost ALL of our OL returns, with a 5.9 transfer eligible for our our one weak spot, as I showed in another post, we could actually start an OL where all five starters AVERAGES a 5.860, well above a four star average. And no stretch at all to see an OL on the field that averages OVER a four star at any time. Quite an improvement over the 07 teams great offense that had a starting OL that averaged BELOW a 5.3 as commits.

"Losing a ton of talent" indeed, do you know how ridiculous you are making yourself sound in trying to discredit this team and its coaching--------but all your posts get one like no matter how ridiculous, kind of like a reciprocal trade agreement between countries.

Some FACTS for you to try to laugh off with your ridiculous negativity.

Last edited:
Reactions: law1127
"Losing a ton of talent", do you know how ridiculous you sound by trying to stretch your biased negativity beyond all limits?

We lose ONE starter on D, and a lot of posters had problems with his talent, great person, but not a great player. A pretty big player, but FAR from weighing a ton. And the FIVE starters that had a legit shot at going pro ALL returning, FOUR of them on defense,and what does that say about the players not liking the coaches?

On O we lose a QB, and we will probably have a much more talented QB, whoever it is, AND we do have a very good QB coach, according to almost everyone, you excluded of course. We will lose ONE talented WR, Ross still in question, but more than offset by Baker returning for a fifth year, we will have a very good WR corp that should be better with a better passing QB, Richardson, Bowden with a full years preparation, some sophs that played as true frosh AND others. Maybe the BEST returning RB in the SEC, when is the last time we could say that? A very good TE that would have probably been drafted if he hadn't missed so much because of injuries, with a backup that filled in very well, and a four star coming in.

AND the BEST part, almost ALL of our OL returns, with a 5.9 transfer eligible for our our one weak spot, as I showed in another post, we could actually start an OL where all five starters AVERAGES a 5.860, well above a four star average. And no stretch at all to see an OL on the field that averages OVER a four star at any time. Quite an improvement over the 07 teams great offense that had a starting OL that averaged BELOW a 5.3 as commits.

"Losing a ton of talent" indeed, do you know how ridiculous you are making yourself sound in trying to discredit this team and its coaching--------but all your posts get one like no matter how ridiculous, kind of like a reciprocal trade agreement between countries.

Some FACTS for you to try to laugh off with your ridiculous negativity.

Don’t stroke out, jauk. We got a few guys back that weren’t expected. Good for them and hopefully us. Hope Stoops can coach them up because last year there didn’t appear to be anyone coaching them.

I get people being hopeful about this JUCO quarterback. But the truth is the dude is a 3 star guy from JUCO. Don’t act like this is Tua from Bama.

Our quarterback situation was so bad last year that Steven Johnson was playing without an arm, according to you guys, and we still couldn’t get anyone off the bench. If Terry isn’t the truth, we are in bad shape.

Reactions: Plumbscott452
Don’t stroke out, jauk. We got a few guys back that weren’t expected. Good for them and hopefully us. Hope Stoops can coach them up because last year there didn’t appear to be anyone coaching them.

I get people being hopeful about this JUCO quarterback. But the truth is the dude is a 3 star guy from JUCO. Don’t act like this is Tua from Bama.

Our quarterback situation was so bad last year that Steven Johnson was playing without an arm, according to you guys, and we still couldn’t get anyone off the bench. If Terry isn’t the truth, we are in bad shape.

That was a classic, anything to cast a negative light on things, "we lose a ton of talent" when we lose ONE starter on the D and not a whole lot more on the O, and a THREE star JC with three years to play is better on paper than a TWO star JC with two years to play. What kind of offers did Stephen have, any interest from Oregon, Florida, Nebraska, etc etc? Our QB coach did a good job with him in an emergency and we may not even have to depend on the JC transfer, two other candidates for a good QB coach to develop IF he has to, and both of them have some experience in the system.

"Hope Stoops can coach them up because last year there didn’t appear to be anyone coaching them." There must be something in the water in Lexington, two stars and three stars come in and make All SEC with no one coaching them. lol.

And just keep your eye on some of the TRUE freshmen that played a lot this year, (not just played, they were outstanding) they are just getting started.

I think "Hear, hear" is much more appropriate, lol, but since it was in reference to your sidekick's post I don't think either one would be appropriate.

And do you agree with him that our D is losing a "ton" of talent, since we lose ONE starter? Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to say our defense will be DECIMATED, since that would have only been off by one percent?

That was a classic, anything to cast a negative light on things, "we lose a ton of talent" when we lose ONE starter on the D and not a whole lot more on the O, and a THREE star JC with three years to play is better on paper than a TWO star JC with two years to play. What kind of offers did Stephen have, any interest from Oregon, Florida, Nebraska, etc etc? Our QB coach did a good job with him in an emergency and we may not even have to depend on the JC transfer, two other candidates for a good QB coach to develop IF he has to, and both of them have some experience in the system.

"Hope Stoops can coach them up because last year there didn’t appear to be anyone coaching them." There must be something in the water in Lexington, two stars and three stars come in and make All SEC with no one coaching them. lol.

And just keep your eye on some of the TRUE freshmen that played a lot this year, (not just played, they were outstanding) they are just getting started.

Since we had a few kids come back instead of opting out, we both agree there’s no excuse for the defense to suck for the 6th time in Stoops tenure? These guys are upperclassman who supposedly had places they could go. They chose to come back, so I expect the defense to be much improved.

Agreed?

Only 7? How many times in the last 60 years have we won more than 7?

And it really wasn't a "crap" schedule, that is a false narrative. South Carolina, Missouri, Georgia, Miss State and Louisville were all very good teams… Even Southern Miss went to a bowl game.

I'm not sure you can actually play a "crap" schedule in the SEC. Sure, some years maybe harder than others but "crap?"no way.

Not sure when all the UK football fans started thinking we were Georgia or Alabama…

Since we had a few kids come back instead of opting out, we both agree there’s no excuse for the defense to suck for the 6th time in Stoops tenure? These guys are upperclassman who supposedly had places they could go. They chose to come back, so I expect the defense to be much improved.

Agreed?

Why would you expect that? They are the same guys that played last year, I don't think another year's going to make them superstars.

And aside from, possibly, Josh Allen, none of those guys had a legit shot to make an NFL roster… That was another false narrative,

Why would you expect that? They are the same guys that played last year, I don't think another year's going to make them superstars.

And aside from, possibly, Josh Allen, none of those guys had a legit shot to make an NFL roster… That was another false narrative,
JAB...pretty sure RonEJones is being sarcastic.

Only 7? How many times in the last 60 years have we won more than 7?

And it really wasn't a "crap" schedule, that is a false narrative. South Carolina, Missouri, Georgia, Miss State and Louisville were all very good teams… Even Southern Miss went to a bowl game.

I'm not sure you can actually play a "crap" schedule in the SEC. Sure, some years maybe harder than others but "crap?"no way.

Not sure when all the UK football fans started thinking we were Georgia or Alabama…

Crap schedule is the SEC and it’s relative to who we played. UT - hot garbage, UF - losing season, getting Ole Miss at home as our rotating SEC W when they had a backup QB starting his first game and an interim coach. Garbage Vandy (back to earth from the Franklin years). USCjr with Muschump as coach. Missouri before they got it together, an underachieving UL.

We played one really good team - MSU and a great team - UGA. The rest were very beatable and we win limp into 7 wins.

Reactions: entropy13

You’re not following along. Maybe you should read the thread again? Totally agree the same guys making dumb plays coming back doesn’t mean much - especially considering most of the same staff is back.

The D is really bad and these guys aren’t going to turn into world beaters. Just trying see what side of the fence sunshine pumping jauk is on as he seems to think all these guys coming back really means something.

Stoops has been really bad at overall player development. This is the best recruiting we’ve consistently had in my lifetime, we have a DC HC and the defense has been a train wreck.

The offense is rankled even worse...

But a few guys, with nowhere to go, sans Allen, coming back and a 3 star JUCO QB are suddenly going to cure our problems.

We got a few guys back that weren’t expected. Good for them and hopefully us.
I hope so too. But they are who they are imo: decent/good but not great on a D that was 49/65 in total yardage of BCS schools. And that's why they were back: not great.

Probably, he should start all his posts with a big sign that says: "UK sucks".

Maybe he will let you borrow it, you swap likes enough.

Why do that? I did him a solid explaining it but typically if you’re not smart enough to keep up I prefer to just point and laugh.

Why do that? I did him a solid explaining it but typically if you’re not smart enough to keep up I prefer to just point and laugh.

A good job of explaining WHAT, why you think our D will be a lot worse with FOUR prospects that WERE in the conversation for going pro, only losing ONE starter, outstanding person but replaceable, and with some great young talent with more experience AND a large redshirt class.

Well, you certainly are trying.

In fact I find all of your posts trying.

A good job of explaining WHAT, why you think our D will be a lot worse with FOUR prospects that WERE in the conversation for going pro, only losing ONE starter, outstanding person but replaceable, and with some great young talent with more experience AND a large redshirt class.

Well, you certainly are trying.

In fact I find all of your posts trying.

They were in the conversation to go pro because they were eligible. With the exception of Allen, none of them had any good options.

By the way, you dodged my question. Due to all this great talent returning and those red shirt freshman you are pumping up, the defense should be vastly improved. Correct?

Agreed?

But, but, but.

We didn't have "a few kids" come back, we had FIVE grown men come back, most in their fifth year with a chance at a fortune. What about losing a "ton' of talent, when we lose one starter on D and not a whole lot of O, the OL alone a ton of talent PLUS a 5.9 transfer, Snell huge, Conrad All SEC caliber as a receiver AND a blocker, Baker probably replacing our loss at WR with Bowden much improved after his late start ROOKIE year at WR, several talented young receivers in their second season. Where is there ANY position that we lost a "ton" of talent, Stephen gave everything he had, love him, but he wasn't a "ton" of talent, (Towles had a "ton" of talent, and that didn't work out) and I think we have a very good QB coach with more talented material to work with..

Wow, now the D should be much improved, what happened, don't you know we don't have any coaches AND don't you know Grouchy is going to disown you?.

But, but, but.

We didn't have "a few kids" come back, we had FIVE grown men come back, most in their fifth year with a chance at a fortune. What about losing a "ton' of talent, when we lose one starter on D and not a whole lot of O, the OL alone a ton of talent PLUS a 5.9 transfer, Snell huge, Conrad All SEC caliber as a receiver AND a blocker, Baker probably replacing our loss at WR with Bowden much improved after his late start ROOKIE year at WR, several talented young receivers in their second season. Where is there ANY position that we lost a "ton" of talent, Stephen gave everything he had, love him, but he wasn't a "ton" of talent, (Towles had a "ton" of talent, and that didn't work out) and I think we have a very good QB coach with more talented material to work with..

Wow, now the D should be much improved, what happened, don't you know we don't have any coaches AND don't you know Grouchy is going to disown you?.

Answer the question, captain sunshine. This is the 3rd time I’ve ask - is the D going to be vastly improved or not? Your bobbing and weaving tells me you’re either wisely afraid to go record or you’re not smart enough to understand the ask.

Answer the question, captain sunshine. This is the 3rd time I’ve ask - is the D going to be vastly improved or not? Your bobbing and weaving tells me you’re either wisely afraid to go record or you’re not smart enough to understand the ask.

Of course I think they will be much improved, you shouldn't have any excuse to ask that dumb question. Quite a testament to how smart you are or how much attention you pay to things.

Pay attention, or at least try to.

I am smart enough to know it is a waste of time to try to carry on an intelligent conversation with you, it just bothers me to see the outlandish negativity you bring to the board. Others are catching on.

No college football fan who is knowledgeable and objective thinks Ole Miss was a bad football team. You cannot repeatedly distinguish the SECE from the SECW and conclude a 6-6 Ole Miss was bad. Looking at the wins and losses, it is clear that was a good football team. They actually put up points against California on the road. SomethIng WSU could not do. And, WSU was reportedly a very good team last year :)

No college football fan who is knowledgeable and objective thinks Ole Miss was a bad football team. You cannot repeatedly distinguish the SECE from the SECW and conclude a 6-6 Ole Miss was bad. Looking at the wins and losses, it is clear that was a good football team. They actually put up points against California on the road. SomethIng WSU could not do. And, WSU was reportedly a very good team last year :)
Cal 27...OM 16

I am smart enough to know it is a waste of time to try to carry on an intelligent conversation with you,

Yet, you quote my posts when they are not even in response to you?

Your job is not to patrol the board and tell folks what to think. You are here to pump sunshine and rearranged the chairs on the HMS Stoops while it sinks

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT