ADVERTISEMENT

Javonte Richardson

Well I liked his potential but wish him much success. Not everyone is cut out for UK. I'm surprised with our CATS program (Center for Academic and Tutorial Services).He must not have used the tutors.

I think we are blessed with receivers at this time.

Reactions: jauk11
"Came in behind" meaning he wasn't ready to compete with others at his position. Was not a late arrival.
Thanx...I thought that was what you meant.

I did not recall any questions about his academic eligibility at the time of his signature and apparently he was eligible based exclusively on his basic HS work (i.e., no post HS graduation classes last summer to be eligible this past fall). Like railroadkat said, usually, if a kid meets the NCAA entry requirements to get in there are great resources available for him to maintain eligibility.

Regardless, as far as this past year goes, he did not "show enough" to play. If he was truly a Top 100 prospect I simply cannot imagine him not getting on the field somewhere.

Peace

Last edited:
Reactions: railroadkat_1
This whole deal is going in the wrong direction. They needed to make some kind of change to stop the bleeding. I hope they have something up their sleeve in the next month. .if not, the skill players on this roster will be comparable to WKU.

Uh we do not have anyone on the roster or have had as good as some of the WKU skill players. Two Te's playing in the NFL, and the kid for the Titans is the real deal. Wish we had a Taywan Taylor. Tyler Higbee and Jack Doyle are no slouch. Might want to know a little something before posting. They had a couple other receivers who could ball.

There was a player several years ago that actually needed to be walked to classes by a "sitter" because he wasn't going to them. It was not a Stoops recruit.
That happens at a lot of schools. Someone takes the same classes as the star player, then reports to coach on attendance.

From what i understand, happens more frequently at UNCheat.

I dont think that has anything to do with this one, I could be wrong (usually am) but when a kid of his talent redshirts and then transfers immediately to a JUCO without looking for a new D1 home, that tells me he isn't transferring by choice, he didn't make the grades. No proof of course, but I would guarantee it

Or it means he doesn't want to lose a year of eligibility by having to sit out another year. Plus graduating from a JUCO he can go anywhere he wants

Reactions: bluebayou01

I did not recall any questions about his academic eligibility at the time of his signature and apparently he was eligible based exclusively on his basic HS work (i.e., no post HS graduation classes last summer to be eligible this past fall). Like railroadkat said, usually, if a kid meets the NCAA entry requirements to get in there are great resources available for him to maintain eligibility.

Regardless, as far as this past year goes, he did not "show enough" to play. If he was truly a Top 100 prospect I simply cannot imagine him not getting on the field somewhere.

Peace

Had he committed to the defense, I still think he would have RSed, but I think he would have made more noise in the fall. There were numerous reports that traditional powers wanted him on the defensive side of the call. Sometimes, those guys are right.

Peace

And I can't imagine him not being eligible at our two biggest rivals, or even having grade problems.

Hell, before he made it here , you would have thought he was the next Terrell Owens. One season, spent redshirting, and gone. Kentucky Football in a nutshell.
If he is going to JUCO, it could be academics! If that's it, it gives me a good feeling knowing these guys don't get their grades given to them simply because they are good football players.

I honestly don't understand how you can not make the grades.

Michael Jordan never understood how his wizards teammates and draft picks weren't HOF players.

It's always difficult to conceptualize someone struggling with something that you don't struggle with. I don't understand how my university students I tutor have so much trouble with trigonometry or prob. stat, but 10th grade geometry is still kicking my ass 16 years later.

That happens at a lot of schools. Someone takes the same classes as the star player, then reports to coach on attendance.

From what i understand, happens more frequently at UNCheat.

This was actually a staffer that had to physically walk him into the classroom.

Just means some of the young guys are gonna have to step up. These guys complaining about playing time just got the door opened wide for them to step up. Wilson, Snell will be more than adequate at running the ball. Conrad back at tight end, Baker back, Richardson, Bowden, et al, we have all kinds of options. Let's quit micromanaging every little thing. We will live and die with our D line as usual. That's where we need the help.

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
Uh we do not have anyone on the roster or have had as good as some of the WKU skill players. Two Te's playing in the NFL, and the kid for the Titans is the real deal. Wish we had a Taywan Taylor. Tyler Higbee and Jack Doyle are no slouch. Might want to know a little something before posting. They had a couple other receivers who could ball.

Conrad? Bowden? Randall Cobb Chris Matthews.

I notice that JRow says grades, but certainly wonder who is confirming that for him off the record. For all we know, it is Richardson himself. If grades are the case, there's not much to be said or done about it now. I will say I don't understand the "he gone" for all time assumption. Let's see where he heads to JUCO. We might be placing him just so he can see the field somewhere next year. Why do people assume the last thing he'll do is roll back to Lexington?

Stoops has had very few academic casualties. Sometimes it's worth the risk.

Koback may have also been homesick, not to mention his mother's health.

Cross was never going to see the field.

Barker would have been a backup in his SR season and already has his degree.

None of these transfers are out of the ordinary and they are for differing reasons. This is not some locker room issue for these transfers.

I agree. Alabama is playing for the NC with only 3 fifth year seniors. They have a lot of people leaving their program for the same reasons ours are leaving. UK needs to keep recruiting at the highest levels possible. Next man up philosophy is required

So we go into the spring unproven at QB, no depth at RB, young at WR, little depth on the D line and what we have is very young and that is before we see who bolts for the NFL, I am sorry gang, but color me concerned, depth shouldn't be an issue at this point,,, not in that many positions

While being year 6 of the Stoops era when his (only) strength is recruiting. You gotta be able to keep and develop them once you get them here or it’s all for nothing.

And I can't imagine him not being eligible at our two biggest rivals, or even having grade problems.
[roll]

Good one jauk! I'm sure one of those rivals is UofL. But don't go there.

FWIW (maybe not much, I don't really know "how" this thing works) I see UofL is #9 in 2017 Football APRs at 988. UK is tied for #88 at 958. Next lowest sports at UK are baseball, men's soccer, men's swimming and men's track, all at 982. If football got up to 982 that would be good enough for a tie at #19 in that sport. I don't understand why the UK faculty is so extra hard on football players. [winking]

Seriously, just like virtually all other schools, UK has programs to keep marginal student-athletes qualified. In fact, UK was one of the first and the CATS program is allegedly one of the best.

Richardson looks to be a very talented prospect. His initial FR eligibility may well have come as a surprise to the many high end schools that apparently did not offer him. But, once in school, this young man was apparently not up to meeting the minimal requirements to stay in school. JMO

Peace

[roll]

Good one jauk! I'm sure one of those rivals is UofL. But don't go there.

FWIW (maybe not much, I don't really know "how" this thing works) I see UofL is #9 in 2017 Football APRs at 988. UK is tied for #88 at 958. Next lowest sports at UK are baseball, men's soccer, men's swimming and men's track, all at 982. If football got up to 982 that would be good enough for a tie at #19 in that sport. I don't understand why the UK faculty is so extra hard on football players. [winking]

Seriously, just like virtually all other schools, UK has programs to keep marginal student-athletes qualified. In fact, UK was one of the first and the CATS program is allegedly one of the best.

Richardson looks to be a very talented prospect. His initial FR eligibility may well have come as a surprise to the many high end schools that apparently did not offer him. But, once in school, this young man was apparently not up to meeting the minimal requirements to stay in school. JMO

Peace

Your APR is a joke, and I always thought you were smarter than that. How much did your star Hearns ((later shot in a well lit room but can't remember who shot him) that couldn't qualify at UK when committed to us and then magically qualified at Transfer U at the last minute add to your APR? How much do all the transfers that get kicked out of other schools, some of them criminals, add to your APR? What happened to your MVP in the NC game that got kicked out of a couple of schools do in qualifying for your bowl game? How much do the half dozen or so JC transfers that you typically take in a normal year that HAD to go the JC route because of grades contribute to that UNBELIEVABLE APR. -

jurich went too far, not only did he qualify all these "scholars" he made their APR a joke.

The University of Louisville has become a city college under jurich, and if Slick Rick wins his lawsuit may have to become a satellite of UK-------but I hope we don't stoop that low.

That's just off the top of my- head, want me to do some research?

Don't go there? How is that for starters?

Last edited:
Reactions: WildcatofNati
While being year 6 of the Stoops era when his (only) strength is recruiting. You gotta be able to keep and develop them once you get them here or it’s all for nothing.

Yeah, wonder why some of our posters are worried about several of our players going pro early, some of them two stars.

Just means some of the young guys are gonna have to step up. These guys complaining about playing time just got the door opened wide for them to step up. Wilson, Snell will be more than adequate at running the ball. Conrad back at tight end, Baker back, Richardson, Bowden, et al, we have all kinds of options. Let's quit micromanaging every little thing. We will live and die with our D line as usual. That's where we need the help.

The D line?

Bohanna, Pascal, McCall? A few redshirts? All very young, and all the future.

30+ppg

Until we get a QB that can throw the ball to these WR's, none of us are going to know if they are any good. I am tired of reading how this WR and that WR is tearing it up in practice or the Spring game, yet when the season starts, our QB's don't have the ability to get the ball to them. Granted Conrad got hurt but before that, we could not get the ball to him. Bowden came in with all of the hype and we could not get the ball to him. I always thought Blake Bone could have been a difference maker with his height, yet I bet the guy did not have 20 balls thrown to him in the 4 years he played. Next season, it will Benny right, Benny left, Benny up the middle..

This whole deal is going in the wrong direction. They needed to make some kind of change to stop the bleeding. I hope they have something up their sleeve in the next month. .if not, the skill players on this roster will be comparable to WKU.
LOL :flush:

Nice 30th post troll

Yeah, wonder why some of our posters are worried about several of our players going pro early, some of them two stars.

You get lucky every now and then? Even Joker “OVC talent” Phillips recruited a few guys who were good.

Javonte was always a better defensive prospect. Even his trainer said he would be a monster safety but called him a solid possesion wr on that side. Not exactly a wringing endorsement

Conrad? Bowden? Randall Cobb Chris Matthews.

Bowden ?? Really. What exactly has he done ? Has potential.

Conrad very talented, but based on numbers, not even in the same country as Taylor. But is it safe to say we can only hope he can put up numbers like Higbee and Doyle ..

Cobb Well yes, but that was years ago. We talking Stoops time aren't we ?

Matthews Once again a while ago, but even if you count him, not near as good as Taylor. Save the Taylor did against such and such. he is doing in the NFL also.

How far back are you going for the WKU TEs? Stoops era? Doyle graduated before Stoops coached a game.

Higbee's first 3 years. 491 yards and 6 TDs
Conrad's first 3 years. 697 yards and 9 TDs

We can only hope Conrad is as good...

Just to let you know Conrad is a TE and Taylor is a WR. You can't compare #s like that for a WR vs TE.

Bowden ?? Really. What exactly has he done ? Has potential.

Conrad very talented, but based on numbers, not even in the same country as Taylor. But is it safe to say we can only hope he can put up numbers like Higbee and Doyle ..

Cobb Well yes, but that was years ago. We talking Stoops time aren't we ?

Matthews Once again a while ago, but even if you count him, not near as good as Taylor. Save the Taylor did against such and such. he is doing in the NFL also.

Right, he was bringing in good talent and these coaches aren't. Your negativity is overwhelming.

You used a few overachievers as a testament to Mark “Belichick” Stoops’ development and I countered that even the recruiting savant known as Joker Phillips had a few kids who outperformed expectations.

Lets keep it really simple...the skill players on this team are bad. The skill guys in this class look to be about the same kind of player. Of course , that is if we're all talking about the same thing. ..good div 1 football.

And yes, overall the recruiting has been better. They just have to find a couple guys that are better with the ball in their hands than the guy lined up opposite of him. We haven't had but a couple in the last few years.

ADVERTISEMENT