ADVERTISEMENT

Jarren Williams Says....

UK2KJAG

Sophomore
May 8, 2017
Knoxville, TN
That Tennessee, not Kentucky, will be the surprise team in the SEC this year. Pretty strange comments to say the least.

Kentucky QB commit Jarren Williams: “I think Tennessee is going to surprise some people this year. With [Quarterbacks] coach [Mike] Canales and the coaching staff they brought in, just from watching the spring game from last year, they look dialed in. They look really good.”

This is just a little maturity glitch that will soon be forgotten. The kid has a right to his opinion. But if I was a commit-decommit-recommit to Kentucky who had visited Tennessee recently, I might choose to show more restraint with this kind of tweeting.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
That Tennessee, not Kentucky, will be the surprise team in the SEC this year. Pretty strange comments to say the least.

Kentucky QB commit Jarren Williams: “I think Tennessee is going to surprise some people this year. With [Quarterbacks] coach [Mike] Canales and the coaching staff they brought in, just from watching the spring game from last year, they look dialed in. They look really good.”

Trick question?

In the article there is a vandy and Texas a&m commit who each say their respective school's are the surprise team

Last edited:
This guy cannot be trusted to keep his commitment. Already decommitted once, easier the second time around.

This is just a little maturity glitch that will soon be forgotten. The kid has a right to his opinion. But if I was a commit-decommit-recommit to Kentucky who had visited Tennessee recently, I might choose to show more restraint with this kind of tweeting.
So he shut down Recruiting and is now taking visits again. ????

He visited UT before he decommitted I believe. Still, strange comments. Hopefully he meant to imply that Kentucky's success will be a surprise to no one...??

Not much talk about Williams right now which is usually a sign of him being solid. He could mean them getting to a bowl would surprise alot of people this. Fulmer may have been given the title as special assistant to the president, Butch starts out slow Fulmer would also be the interum football coach. Wouldn't be the first time he has stabbed a UT coach in the back. My uncle played with Majors, kinda he was backup punter, and was still good friends until he passed. Never missed a home UT game in 50+ years until Fulmer took over for Majors and kept it. After that, never went to another one.

This could be true. We will have to wait and see. But personally I think a lot of people way undervalue Butch Jones. He has made huge strides with the football program.Last year,the defence was totally decimated by game five. It was also under a new coordinator in Shoop. Talent is there. Dobbs will be missed from a running standpoint but the new guys have huge arm talent and not total statues either. They do need the offensive line to step up and play to it ability. New coach there also this year. Kelly is a really good running back but this is a position of concern with only him being experienced. I don't think Malone will be missed at reciever. Jennings and crew will produce there. That's a brief summary of my opinion on UT. By the way, I do think stoops has done well at Kentucky so far. I also wouldn't condemn this kid for his comment. Honesty is best if he truly meant it.

Not much talk about Williams right now which is usually a sign of him being solid. He could mean them getting to a bowl would surprise alot of people this. Fulmer may have been given the title as special assistant to the president, Butch starts out slow Fulmer would also be the interum football coach. Wouldn't be the first time he has stabbed a UT coach in the back. My uncle played with Majors, kinda he was backup punter, and was still good friends until he passed. Never missed a home UT game in 50+ years until Fulmer took over for Majors and kept it. After that, never went to another one.

Phat moved Majors out while Majors was in a hospital. Sneaky.

Reactions: JDHoss
I don't think you know anything about what's going at at UT.

I'm not reading into it in the sense that he's not going to be part of our class. I firmly believe his commitment is final. I just think it was poor judgement on his part to list Tennessee instead of his Kentucky Wildcats
Maybe he is just having fun with the fact that UT is in the position to be characterized as a dark horse... maybe he refused to view UK as such... confidence? Hmm...

Reactions: Caveman Catfan

ha ha ha

I don't think you know anything about what's going at at UT.

It was the major topic on Finebaum yesterday. If you think UT is doing anything but struggling to get to a bowl this year its you who doesn't know anything that's going on at UT. Butch had by far the most talented team in the East last fall, by far the most experienced qb in the East and if not for a couple of fluke plays would have been a 6 game winner after being picked to win the East by everyone. Lets examine UT, lost their qb, lost their 2 top RB, granted one was mid season because he was tired of Butch lying to him, top receiver, top DL, top LB, top DB, and you think they will not be struggling to get to a bowl? Fulmer has hung around knoxville and UT since he was fired, Butch heading into a season where everyone, except UT fans, are expecting UT to take a step backwards. I really don't understand how even they think UT won't,. You blame injuries, well those guys who stepped in are the ones playing this year, then UT fans claim the redshirts are better than that group, only a blind loyalist can think that, Butch would have played everyone on the roster if he thought it would save the season. Fulmer lied to Majors about not wanting his job, he was singing the same song yesterday, UT starts the season 2-5, a real possibility with GT, UF, Bama, USC and UGA in the first 7 games, I predict Fulmer is the coach for the UK game.

It was the major topic on Finebaum yesterday. If you think UT is doing anything but struggling to get to a bowl this year its you who doesn't know anything that's going on at UT. Butch had by far the most talented team in the East last fall, by far the most experienced qb in the East and if not for a couple of fluke plays would have been a 6 game winner after being picked to win the East by everyone. Lets examine UT, lost their qb, lost their 2 top RB, granted one was mid season because he was tired of Butch lying to him, top receiver, top DL, top LB, top DB, and you think they will not be struggling to get to a bowl? Fulmer has hung around knoxville and UT since he was fired, Butch heading into a season where everyone, except UT fans, are expecting UT to take a step backwards. I really don't understand how even they think UT won't,. You blame injuries, well those guys who stepped in are the ones playing this year, then UT fans claim the redshirts are better than that group, only a blind loyalist can think that, Butch would have played everyone on the roster if he thought it would save the season. Fulmer lied to Majors about not wanting his job, he was singing the same song yesterday, UT starts the season 2-5, a real possibility with GT, UF, Bama, USC and UGA in the first 7 games, I predict Fulmer is the coach for the UK game.
We shall see. A bad season could happen. Fulmer returning is just BS. It's just an uneducated guess on your part. And a little wishful thinking. Although I did like the win streak he put on the puppy's . Maybe we're on another one of those as we speak. My advice is don't count the vols out just yet. You may get you feeling hurt more!

We shall see. A bad season could happen. Fulmer returning is just BS. It's just an uneducated guess on your part. And a little wishful thinking. Although I did like the win streak he put on the puppy's . Maybe we're on another one of those as we speak. My advice is don't count the vols out just yet. You may get you feeling hurt more!

Wishful thinking? He is twice the coach Butch will ever be, look at your trophy room. I know UT was proud of that champions of life the Vols claimed last year but the rest of the conference is still laughing about it. Butch is king of self promotion, he has cut coaches left and right trying to save his rear. Won't hurt my feelings, I just hope we get out of that cow pasture without losing more players to season ending knee injuries. Last 2 trips there cost us 6, the other 23 games 0

Seriously, the Vols lost more than anyone in the East, if not the conference, who do you expect to beat in conference? UT will have the first year starter at qb this year.

You should worry about sabans sock puppet

Why, we haven't hired an ex coach to be special assistant to the president yet, when we do I will worry. UT struggles to get to a bowl this year, fights Vandy and Missouri for 5th in the East. I know you don't like that but Butch has shown he can't win with an experienced team, how can you expect him to with new players at all key positions?

Why, we haven't hired an ex coach to be special assistant to the president yet, when we do I will worry. UT struggles to get to a bowl this year, fights Vandy and Missouri for 5th in the East. I know you don't like that but Butch has shown he can't win with an experienced team, how can you expect him to with new players at all key positions?

You think hiring Fulmer as an ambassador for the University of Tennessee has some hidden meaning?

lol

jauk must have let you borrow his tinfoil hat

like I said, Saban' sick puppet has a lot to prove

He didn't pick Tennessee as his surprise team of the SEC, just that they will surprise some people. Ok, whatever.

yep, you beat me to it. This is a situation where the media takes a quote, adds a word or two, to the quote to make to into something much more significant than it is, thus creating a story and selling more ads.

Here the operative word is THE. It's missing! He didn't say UT will the THE surprise team. He just said they will surprise this year. Heck I have said South Carolina may surprise this year, does that mean I'm guilty of treason as well?

This is much ado about nothing.

Having said that. There is never anything wrong with a player or a coach laying some praise on an opponent. What you never want them to do is to slight an opponent or say something negative that can be used down the road as motivational. Thus there is absolutely noting wrong with what he said, it was an honest opinion, and who knows he may turn out to be right - but we hope not :)

You think hiring Fulmer as an ambassador for the University of Tennessee has some hidden meaning?

lol

jauk must have let you borrow his tinfoil hat

like I said, Saban' sick puppet has a lot to prove

He hasn't asked, but if he did I would probably loan it to him, lol, I like intelligent posters that add a lot of good knowledge.

What is your latest take on the abomination and coverup that happened at the Knoxville night club run by a Vol fan that gave players free admission, just some kids having fun kicking people that are down in the head? It did take a really big cooperative effort to not have a lot of those players in jail, the OIC not asking for the film that night, the owner discovering the film was bad THE NEXT MORNING, the KPD and DA pressing charges against NO ONE, the Thug U limo pickng the players up, and maybe strangest of all to me neither of the victims suing any and everyone involved.

Thanks for the opening, glad to give you some free publicity, did the $2,500,000 buyout of the rape plaintiffs lawsuits against THUG U, not the rapists, make that go away forever? A great use of the public's funds.

He hasn't asked, but if he did I would probably loan it to him, lol, I like intelligent posters that add a lot of good knowledge.

What is your latest take on the abomination and coverup that happened at the Knoxville night club run by a Vol fan that gave players free admission, just some kids having fun kicking people that are down in the head? It did take a really big cooperative effort to not have a lot of those players in jail, the OIC not asking for the film that night, the owner discovering the film was bad THE NEXT MORNING, the KPD and DA pressing charges against NO ONE, the Thug U limo pickng the players up, and maybe strangest of all to me neither of the victims suing any and everyone involved.

Thanks for the opening, glad to give you some free publicity, did the $2,500,000 buyout of the rape plaintiffs lawsuits against THUG U, not the rapists, make that go away forever? A great use of the public's funds.

lol

You never fail to fail

Thanks

Thanks again. I love it when you give me another chance to mention the unexplainable facts about that night in infamy. They need the publicity.
Your hatred for the Vols tells me all I need to know about our history. But I honestly don't blame you! In 30 years from now, I look back and see we only beat Florida 1 time. I will be the same way

ADVERTISEMENT