ADVERTISEMENT

Jarren Williams de commits

Well, looks like Hinshaw has some more work to do, in one way or another. Can't lose your mind over it. He's been getting attention from every direction. Keep communications open, look elsewhere, see what happens. Right?

Does he wind up at Alabama with the last QB who decommitted from UK?:grimace::grimace::grimace:

PS-Does Shocky now decommit?

Reactions: dckala2
Bound to have happened. He's had any number of people, including MANY from recruiting services, tell him he was too good for UK. Even those who run these type of sites were constantly asking him if he was solid. Folks, there were a LOT of people pushing him away from UK. Just shows what a battle UK has to become and sustain relevance.

Bound to have happened. He's had any number of people, including MANY from recruiting services, tell him he was too good for UK. Even those who run these type of sites were constantly asking him if he was solid. Folks, there were a LOT of people pushing him away from UK. Just shows what a battle UK has to become and sustain relevance.
Guess we will have to start $$ again! Just joking! But the stories I hear! I just do not know!

Reactions: EastLansingCat
We have two things working against us:

1. Williams is getting a ton of attention from big name programs. That kind of allure can be powerful to a kid.
  2. We are stacked at QB. Day one he'll have Clark, Hoak, and Barker in front of him. If Clark turns out to be the real deal, Williams is looking at pine for three years before meaningful playing time. I know that top flight recruits aren't supposed to be afraid of competition, but that much depth would give even the most confident player (especially a QB, since only one can be on the field at at time) pause for concern.

post-45646-LEGO-Movie-darny-darn-darn-gif-mrcA.gif

We all knew this was coming. Now it's time to chill out and move on. Bama can't hord ever recruit. Even their bench gets full. So we go get someone else.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
We have two things working against us:

1. Williams is getting a ton of attention from big name programs. That kind of allure can be powerful to a kid.
  2. We are stacked at QB. Day one he'll have Clark, Hoak, and Barker in front of him. If Clark turns out to be the real deal, Williams is looking at pine for three years before meaningful playing time. I know that top flight recruits aren't supposed to be afraid of competition, but that much depth would give even the most confident player (especially a QB, since only one can be on the field at at time) pause for concern.

He'll have competition wherever he goes, doubt the 3 in front of him here is that much of a worry.

That sucks. Here I thought he said he was recruiting his team to UK. Kudos to Stoops and his staff for identifying the best before others are willing to offer. But, being the safety net for QBs waiting on better offers sucks.

Hope Johnson, Barker and Hoak tear up the SEC and make this irrelevant.

Reactions: Jbapp1978
He'll have competition wherever he goes, doubt the 3 in front of him here is that much of a worry.
Yeah, I mean some top schools bring in two 5 stars in the same year. If he goes to Alabama he is prob sitting 3 years and may never play, just part of going to a big time school.

You've referred to that UGA site guy before - he said that to the guys that run this site and not to Williams. You've misrepresented that story too long. Williams doesn't even have a UGa offer - he's the 4th most recruited QB in this state, and UGa site writers aren't talking him out of U.K. in favor of LSU or Tenn or anyone else.

You've referred to that UGA site guy before - he said that to the guys that run this site and not to Williams. You've misrepresented that story too long. Williams doesn't even have a UGa offer - he's the 4th most recruited QB in this state, and UGa site writers aren't talking him out of U.K. in favor of LSU or Tenn or anyone else.

Don't know where you're getting that...I've said nothing about UGA.

Don't know where you're getting that...I've said nothing about UGA.

We have 16 qb offers out, according to Rivals, 12 dual threat and he doesn't have one. Pretty surprising considering our qb situation of only having 2 scholarshipped qb on the team. We have a few who were dual threat guys in HS, but qb depth is sketchy.

Reactions: cat888
Something in this whole recruiting down south thing that needs to be stated: UK has GOT to end humiliating, embarrassing losing streaks to UF, UT and UGA. It's difficult for them to be taking seriously by players, HS coaches, Rivals-type recruiting "experts" and the like with 30 game losing streaks. Don't know what kind of season '17 will be for UK but they MUST end those losing streaks then win their fair share going forward.

I think Ky will prove very soon, no one is too good for this program. Time to be supportive and see what goes down.

Mac Jones II. No doubt he will stink it up at next year's spring game wherever he goes.

We are loaded at QB for the next 3-4 years. A QB recruit of Williams stature is willing to sit at FSU or Bama for 2 years, but not at UK.

If he feels like he can play early here, he'll re-commit, if not he'll go somewhere he can start early or sit and start late at a blue blood.

JMHO

As much as I would like to have seen this young man sign with the Cats, the cupboard is far from bare. We will be okay for the next couple of years.

Unfortunately that's not the only issue. UK has once again lost a top prospect from the deep south, an important recruiting area. Could carry over in the future.

Disappointing.... not devastating....we move forward with a quality staff and program that I think will serve us well this year and beyond. Go Cats.

I think Ky will prove very soon, no one is too good for this program. Time to be supportive and see what goes down.

I think if we can live up to our potential this year we might be glad we have this space open-------seriously. A blow right now, but no way of knowing how it will turn out, I am very happy with out QB roster for the next few years, we just have to keep making progress. If our big uglies keep progressing we are going to be very attractive to a lot of skill position players.

ADVERTISEMENT