ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray announcing tomorrow (6/24) on TSN at 6 PM

I'll buy it coming from Biancardi. I wonder how much of this had to do with the Canadian "insiders" blowing the recruitment out of proportion by announcing false times and such?

Really_2499da_370963.gif

I'm ready for next season... this recruiting year has been horrible (not by most standards but by Cals standards)

Reactions: bigc45157
It will be good either way, its summer and I need to get some things done outside so bring it on.

While I expect him to probably commit to Oregon based on rumors and such swirling, and the outlook of the national analysts (which, me personally, I believe that what he said he looks for in a college adds up to Kentucky), something you can't ignore on his twitter:

"Jamal Murray followed Dakari Johnson, Dominique Hawkins, Skal Lab and 16 others"

The fact that his 3 most recent follows were all Kentucky players, and he follows 0 Oregon players, well, that's hard to ignore.

On a side note, knowing that he has twitter, and he's definitely deciding tomorrow. Follow him on twitter, and show him that BBN wants him at UK.

Jamal Murray's twitter account

I'll buy it coming from Biancardi. I wonder how much of this had to do with the Canadian "insiders" blowing the recruitment out of proportion by announcing false times and such?

Here's what I think. The original time was REAL. The tweet leaked and Murray's family wasn't happy. They retracted the time to sort of reset the situation and start the guessing again in order for the tweet to steal minimal thunder. The tweet is real he goes to Oregon. This is as telegraphed as a Saul smith pass.

Reactions: dmaso44
Here's what I think. The original time was REAL. The tweet leaked and Murray's family wasn't happy. They retracted the time to sort of reset the situation and start the guessing again in order for the tweet to steal minimal thunder. The tweet is real he goes to Oregon. This is as telegraphed as a Saul smith pass.
I don't get how any of that makes sense.

I think what we can all expect. He will go to Oregon, and throw away perfectly good talent in doing so. World keeps spinning. Water is wet.

This is as telegraphed as a Saul smith pass.

Probably shouldn't have, but I laughed. ;)

Hope to be wrong, but all signs seem to be pointing Oregon in a major way.

I want to know what is the reason Matt said that if he announces tomorrow, he will feel better about UK's chances. Apparently that was the date he had been thinking it would happen, before the recent mess with that Canadian guy and the Cook tweet. My guess is that he was talking to someone close to the staff, or perhaps the staff itself (maybe Kenny Payne), and they were very confident. Then this other thing happened, and our staff was like WTF? I'm guessing a call was made to find out if anything changed, and either it has, or their original confidence was confirmed. Either way, we will finally find out tomorrow.

Reactions: bigc45157
It's pretty simple...the first time he was scheduled to announce was canceled bc of the tweet.
Because of what tweet? The one from the Oregon player that was sent out a week ago? Not likely. I don't understand why a player would chose a school, and then delay an announcement of picking that school, just so that he could once again pick that school. It simply does not make sense.

I get that you want to make him out to be some sort devious person because it looks like he's going to pick Oregon. But that really says more about you than anything

For those saying it was resched because the tweet spoiled it, it has since been learned that the original info about it being today on ESPNU was totally bogus. So, this does not appear to be any resched at all. In fact, it is apparently when the announcement has been planned the whole time, according to MJ anyway. Still not uber confident, but I think we have a better shot than many others do.

Because of what tweet? The one from the Oregon player that was sent out a week ago? Not likely. I don't understand why a player would chose a school, and then delay an announcement of picking that school, just so that he could once again pick that school. It simply does not make sense.

I get that you want to make him out to be some sort devious person because it looks like he's going to pick Oregon. But that really says more about you than anything

What devious? His boy outs his decision and he doesn't want people to know his decision before he announces. What is devious about changing the date and having the press guessing a little?

Reactions: Brando Mac
Isn't it odd that he is announcing on some Canadian network? Last big splashy commitment and its not on ESPNU... Just odd all the way around. So much for building a brand.

Last 9 picks in for Oregon on the Crystal Ball, including Chris Fisher today. I'm afraid alot of you guy's are getting your hopes up way too much.

While I expect him to probably commit to Oregon based on rumors and such swirling, and the outlook of the national analysts (which, me personally, I believe that what he said he looks for in a college adds up to Kentucky), something you can't ignore on his twitter:

"Jamal Murray followed Dakari Johnson, Dominique Hawkins, Skal Lab and 16 others"

The fact that his 3 most recent follows were all Kentucky players, and he follows 0 Oregon players, well, that's hard to ignore.

On a side note, knowing that he has twitter, and he's definitely deciding tomorrow. Follow him on twitter, and show him that BBN wants him at UK.

Jamal Murray's twitter account
He also follows Drake....

B0MjdwOCAAATy8-.0.0.jpg

I think its Oregon. Never really felt that good about him coming here, but there's a glaring opening in the line up for him if he wanted it.

What devious? His boy outs his decision and he doesn't want people to know his decision before he announces. What is devious about changing the date and having the press guessing a little?
So how does changing the announcement date fix that problem?

TSN.ca it's the sports network. If you follow hockey you will be familiar with the network.

He would make 3 straight Canadian superstars to choose elsewhere. We need to get some marketing up there lol. Mulder got the message, Bennett, wiggins, and potentially Murray haven't.

So how does changing the announcement date fix that problem?

It doesn't...nothing does but the sheer fact we are having this discussion should prove the intent behind it. If it were today you would think we know what's gonna happen. The fact it's changed leaves it open to debate/discussion. Nothing is going to fix a leak but making the media guess a little is what they want and honestly unless Murray has put it out there himself it's what he deserves to be in the spotlight

Matt Jones said we have a great chance. Matt knows everyone on the staff and he would not report something like this unless he had at least two independent sources

Should we beg him to come to UK on twitter????? LMAO. No I'm kidding. We're gonna get him. I just have a good feeling about it. I'm so confident that Its almost as if the world only exists in my head, and nothings actually real, and everything I see and hear are all creations, or illusions of my imagination, and that if I truly want something badly enough I can actually make it happen. Does that make sense? Well by God I want Murray pretty bad so I better figure out just how the hell to control this illusion that is my reality. I'm just screwing around by the way. I'm not really Bill Hicks or anything.

It doesn't...nothing does but the sheer fact we are having this discussion should prove the intent behind it. If it were today you would think we know what's gonna happen. The fact it's changed leaves it open to debate/discussion. Nothing is going to fix a leak but making the media guess a little is what they want and honestly unless Murray has put it out there himself it's what he deserves to be in the spotlight
How does debate/discussion on a Kentucky message board help Murray? Especially since we all assume he's going to Oregon.

You are still assuming that it was changed. The most simple explanation is that the Canadian reporter either got the date wrong or just made it up.

I understand that, but it's not like announcing the following day (if it is still Oregon) is going to fool anyone, so what is the point? To keep everyone guessing for 24 more hours? For what?

Matt Jones said we have a great chance. Matt knows everyone on the staff and he would not report something like this unless he had at least two independent sources
Yeah, except Matt also said we were in a good spot with Brandon Ingram. The coaching staff might feel optimistic, and we could still miss out on the kid.

Reactions: Brando Mac
ADVERTISEMENT