ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Mashburn Jr has been ballin’ …Vid inside

Anybody that saw Dad play think his game resembles his father ?
Not really. Mashburn was so ****ing good. He was a unique player in his time here. 6’8 and could beat you inside out. Just an incredible player. He played under the right coach for his skill set. One of my all time favorite UK players. And I go back to Issel

Who cares? If he ain't playing for Kentucky then his daddy must have had a problem. That's all right. His daddy didn't win no championship either. In nothing. Just alot of losing and selling steaks 🤙

One was a 6’8” power forward and the other is a 6’2” guard.

That makes it kinda hard to compare their games. The difference in size and position pretty much mandates that they play differently.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
His game doesn't much resemble his fathers at all. His form on those jump shots looks pretty bad, but a lot of them go in so you can't argue with that.

Reactions: JST390-2
Pretty sure he only has 1 year of eligibility left. But shit, I’ll gladly take what I just saw for a year. Never happening though…
If I am not mistaken, he has two years left. Like for everyone else, the COVID season did not count.

Cal needs to bring him here and let him see what he can do on the big stage. We will probably need another shooter next season and his experience wouldn’t hurt either on such a young team.

Reactions: will1976
I know he wasn't the level of recruit Cal usually goes after, but I was always disappointed we didn't look at him harder. Not every player needs to a super tall, athletic player. We need a variety/types of players.

I think he has 2 years left. He started in 2020-21 which was the COVID year everyone got back.

Who cares? If he ain't playing for Kentucky then his daddy must have had a problem. That's all right. His daddy didn't win no championship either. In nothing. Just alot of losing and selling steaks 🤙
Or his son is just a different person with a different idea of where he'd like to go and what he'd like to do and maybe didn't want to come here and be under his father's shadow?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
They share a tough and crafty game. Different size/position or no it’s easy to see his dad’s influence.

That’s exactly how Senior would have played two guard if he woke up missing his shin bones and 45 pounds of muscle.

Reactions: JST390-2
Cal needs to bring him here and let him see what he can do on the big stage.
Cal cannot “bring him here” if he doesn’t want to be here.

Doesn’t the fact that he transferred from Minnesota to New Mexico just so that he could keep playing for a Pitino tell you something? The Mashburns are Pitino people through and through, and daddy Mash is has maintained a conspicuously cold (non) relationship with UK ever since Cal was hired.

Ain’t no way his boy is leaving the Pitino family to play for Calipari.

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
Cal cannot “bring him here” if he doesn’t want to be here.

Doesn’t the fact that he transferred from Minnesota to New Mexico just so that he could keep playing for a Pitino tell you something? The Mashburns are Pitino people through and through, and daddy Mash is has maintained a conspicuously cold (non) relationship with UK ever since Cal was hired.

Ain’t no way his boy is leaving the Pitino family to play for Calipari.
True. But we can dream.

If I am not mistaken, he has two years left. Like for everyone else, the COVID season did not count.

Cal needs to bring him here and let him see what he can do on the big stage. We will probably need another shooter next season and his experience wouldn’t hurt either on such a young team.
You are correct. I didn’t feel like fact checking myself like I usually do and I was thinking this was his 4th year in college. 2 years of eligibility remaining, but he looks pretty happy at New Mexico getting all those shots.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
ADVERTISEMENT