ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Suggs was hoping for a UK or duke offer before committing to gonzaga

Man, bump this fool, what's his wingspan, vert etc., shiat, we got ours, don't need him.

What possible rationale is there for not offering Jalen Suggs as soon as possible?

He’s the best friggin player in that entire class, possibly in all of college basketball, and is now the projected number 1 pick in this year’s NBA draft.

It’s OK, though, because we landed Askew to run point instead.

Last edited:
Way off topic, but can anyone help me with posting on the main board? It says I have insufficient privileges, do you have to pay?

I think Cal really can’t evaluate talent but just goes by ranking. I have seen HS kids that could handle the ball great passers tremendous outside shots and Cal wasn’t interested cause the kid was 5-11. Ulis was one of the few guys that snuck thru and you see how that turned out.

He is the best point guard I have seen this year. Seems to be a solid kid on the floor. Not sure why programs wouldnt go after him.

He was a top10 guy, right? I'm pretty sure Cal and K saw something that caused them not to offer.. and it could have been as little as them thinking he wouldn't go to UK/Duke. Might not have anything to do with any red flags.

This also doesn't say, at all, if he would have committed to either.

I seem to recall the sentiment that Suggs just wasn't big on the elite schools. No one here ever talked about him. I think we heard a few times he was West coast bound and Gonzaga's to lose.

Few has done a heck of a job coaching Suggs. Gotta give him credit because he’s done a phenomenal job with his development.

Askew committed in October of last year and Suggs committed to Gonzaga in April of this year. Roach had already committed to Duke before Suggs committed as well. Apparently Cal and Coach K liked their point guards that were committed enough to not worry about getting Suggs. Suggs had a ton of offers so I guess they were mistaken on him.

Probably because they thought he was going pro. There was a long stretch that all the gurus said he was heading overaeas

He was a top10 guy, right? I'm pretty sure Cal and K saw something that caused them not to offer.. and it could have been as little as them thinking he wouldn't go to UK/Duke. Might not have anything to do with any red flags.

This also doesn't say, at all, if he would have committed to either.

I seem to recall the sentiment that Suggs just wasn't big on the elite schools. No one here ever talked about him. I think we heard a few times he was West coast bound and Gonzaga's to lose.

Exactly. How many players have used us a hat on the table? No news here, just a nightly dose of "Cal sux, he cain't even recruit no more."

Doesn't matter what Tipton said, Suggs was going to Gonzaga from way back, and Cal and duke knew that it was just a waste of time, that is what my source told me, and he said Salis was going to be a Zag 3 months ago, so he must know what he is talking about, he also says Holmgren is going to be a Zag too.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what Tipton said, Suggs was going to Gonzaga from way back, and Cal and duke knew that it was just a waist of time, that is what my source told me, and he said Salis was going to be a Zag 3 months ago, so he must know what he is talking about, he also says Holmgren is going to be a Zag too.

Thanks for the info.

Doesn't matter what Tipton said, Suggs was going to Gonzaga from way back, and Cal and duke knew that it was just a waist of time, that is what my source told me, and he said Salis was going to be a Zag 3 months ago, so he must know what he is talking about, he also says Holmgren is going to be a Zag too.
really? I don’t buy Sallis to gonzaga.

Wow....Few is pulling in some major athletes. I hadn’t seen much on who Holmgren was going to sign with

Suggs is good- not sure if he could have came to KY if offered but how much do you think he would have changed this team from what you have seen? a little or a lot?

I think Cal really can’t evaluate talent but just goes by ranking. I have seen HS kids that could handle the ball great passers tremendous outside shots and Cal wasn’t interested cause the kid was 5-11. Ulis was one of the few guys that snuck thru and you see how that turned out.
Jalen Suggs was ranked higher than every player on our roster except Boston. Nice try.

Suggs was also a low 4 star/high 3 star football recruit. Not saying this had anything to do with Duke and Kentucky not offering him, though. But I'd guess he was either going to Gonzaga all along and just wanted the Duke/UK offers on his resume, Duke and UK thought he might go pro or maybe both.

Suggs made the right choice. He is playing exciting basketball for a well coached team.

I doubt he gives a second thought to Duke or UK. Why should he. I doubt there is a player on either team he would trade places with

Reactions: kywildcat41086
What possible rationale is there for not offering Jalen Suggs as soon as possible?

He’s the best friggin player in that entire class, possibly in all of college basketball, and is now the projected number 1 pick in this year’s NBA draft.

It’s OK, though, because we landed Askew to run point instead.

Reminds me of the Trae Young/Quade Green thing.

Cal with all sorts of misfires lately. Powell. Suggs. Baker.
In recruiting you can afford an occasional miss, but Cal is missing a lot lately, and it's hurting the program.

He was rated a 5 star player, very strange that neither program offered him. Maybe he has a bad attitude, hell idk

I agree with the idea of not only looking at skills but looking at character and attitude. That doesn’t mean those can’t improve as a kid matures, nor that you will be correct
100% of the time. But I would rather miss out on a few send take you in a few too many with those problems

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
Dang. If Few pulls in Sallis too he’s gonna start getting traction as the next big recruiter. His job with Suggs and the Zags as a whole has shot him up in my book. I say offer him the job, I know he probably wouldn’t take it but that’s a lot of money to turn down.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT