ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Fromm disrespect

TTU/UK fan

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2011
Jake Fromm is a good example of why you shouldn't take these preseason rankings serious.

I mean he was #1 in QBR in the SEC, #2 in passing efficiency in the SEC, AS A FRESHMAN. Led his team to the National Championship AS A FRESHMAN. And had one of the best freshman QB campaigns in a decade.

Yet, doesn't get even a 4th team pre-season All-SEC selection by Athlon. This should show you how big of a joke these preseason rankings are.

Think it's a case where the SEC is finally loaded again with good QB's this year but if they're picking the best of the best then he needs to be at least in the top 3.

Jake Fromm is a good example of why you shouldn't take these preseason rankings serious.

I mean he was #1 in QBR in the SEC, #2 in passing efficiency in the SEC, AS A FRESHMAN. Led his team to the National Championship AS A FRESHMAN. And had one of the best freshman QB campaigns in a decade.

Yet, doesn't get even a 4th team pre-season All-SEC selection by Athlon. This should show you how big of a joke these preseason rankings are.

Stidham and Locke both deserve to be up there, Tau had a great half against us in the championship game, but Fitzgerald is tough to accept being there, great runner, was a poor passer. Fromm doesn't have that bigtime arm they look for, only about 6'2", but very smart, confident, great leader. Even IF we win the East in 18, he won't have the numbers to make the top 3 post seasond All SEC teams. But I wouldn't trade him.

He's got to lock down the starting job first. All of the heat around Justin Fields being Georgia's starter sooner rather than later IMO has a lot to do with Fromm not getting more recognition.

He certainly had an incredible freshman year.

He's got to lock down the starting job first. All of the heat around Justin Fields being Georgia's starter sooner rather than later IMO has a lot to do with Fromm not getting more recognition.

He certainly had an incredible freshman year.

Tua is on that list after playing one half and still not considered a forsure starter, so that is definately not why. Jake Fromm is the starter for 2018. I can say that with very much confidence. I think that is only a QB battle to the media. Hurts is much more likely to start over Tua, than Fields is to start over Fromm.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Tua is on that list after playing one half and still not considered a forsure starter, so that is definately not why. Jake Fromm is the starter for 2018. I can say that with very much confidence.

Well, Justin Fields in the Tua in this scenario. Will be interesting to see how Kirby handles it.

I think Fromm starts to start the season, but Fields is gonna play or he's gone. Just a matter of how much run he gets.

https://247sports.com/Article/Proje...arterback-Justin-Fields-at-Georgia-118862493/

I really like Jake Fromm and think he is potentially one of the best QBs in the league this year. However he just doesn't have the numbers to be in the top 2 or 3. Georgia was a 65/35 run to pass team last year and Georgia ranked 106th nationally in passing yardage per game at 173 YPG. That kind of stat is just not going to catch the eye of the guys that vote in this polls.
Having said that I'll be the first to agree that he's much better than his stats, but numbers matter too.

Well, Justin Fields in the Tua in this scenario. Will be interesting to see how Kirby handles it.

I think Fromm starts to start the season, but Fields is gonna play or he's gone. Just a matter of how much run he gets.

https://247sports.com/Article/Proje...arterback-Justin-Fields-at-Georgia-118862493/

In the spring game and everything we have been told Fields lives up to the billing. He is a big, fast guy 6'3" 235, runs 4.51 with a bigtime are and is pretty accurate. He has spent time in the QB room, studying the playbook, part of it is because of what he can do, alone with Fromm leading passing drills this summer. Right now the plan is for him to play a couple series a game, if Fromm is struggling he may get a shot. If he doesn't win the job he could very well transfer, But when he signed with us there were 2 5* QB ahead of him, he knew what he was getting into, he didn't start in HS until he was a Jr so he didn't come in blind.

I think we are going to be good offensively, but with Fields in, and he plays the way he has looked so far, our offense will be hard to stop, at least I think it will be.

I really like Jake Fromm and think he is potentially one of the best QBs in the league this year. However he just doesn't have the numbers to be in the top 2 or 3. Georgia was a 65/35 run to pass team last year and Georgia ranked 106th nationally in passing yardage per game at 173 YPG. That kind of stat is just not going to catch the eye of the guys that vote in this polls.
Having said that I'll be the first to agree that he's much better than his stats, but numbers matter too.

I agree, his stats, or lack of, hurt him as for as post/pre season honors go. Most of his yards came early in games when teams were selling out to stop our rushing attack. Gameplan was to make Fromm beat them, he was, they back out of the 8-9 men within 5 yards of the ball and we didn't throw it much after that. He sees the field very well and is accurate, doesn't have a bigtime are, but can make about any throw you need him to make. Fields has the big arm, not a Matt Stafford arm, but probably on par with Eason's and much better pocket pressence. UGA fans are anxious to see how it translate on Saturdays in the fall.

Reactions: Deeeefense
Fromm and Locke looked the best last year to my eye. Stidham also looked solid but if rather have Fromm for 4 years. Fitzgerald.....we'll see how he looks without Mullen.

Fromm and Locke looked the best last year to my eye. Stidham also looked solid but if rather have Fromm for 4 years. Fitzgerald.....we'll see how he looks without Mullen.

The new coach is suppose to be quite the QB coach, his reputation is right there with Mullen as an OC.

I agree, his stats, or lack of, hurt him as for as post/pre season honors go. Most of his yards came early in games when teams were selling out to stop our rushing attack. Gameplan was to make Fromm beat them, he was, they back out of the 8-9 men within 5 yards of the ball and we didn't throw it much after that. He sees the field very well and is accurate, doesn't have a bigtime are, but can make about any throw you need him to make. Fields has the big arm, not a Matt Stafford arm, but probably on par with Eason's and much better pocket pressence. UGA fans are anxious to see how it translate on Saturdays in the fall.

With new SEC transfer rules I hope UGA settles on starting Qb and the other one transfers to UK at Christmas ; - ) Probably not going to happen, but you can guarantee schools will put out feelers to some of these top qb's who don't win the starting jobs.

With new SEC transfer rules I hope UGA settles on starting Qb and the other one transfers to UK at Christmas ; - ) Probably not going to happen, but you can guarantee schools will put out feelers to some of these top qb's who don't win the starting jobs.

If it's Fields he would probably give A&M a hard look, FSU came in 2nd and he liked Fisher, but he would be perfect for Mullen and UF's offense. Would probably have been UFs starter first game this season. Fromm just had a brother commit to AU. While the transfer rules were changed, I don't know the specifics, but I would imagine tampering is still against the rules

SMH, many of us would die for a freshman QB with that kind of year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT