ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson re-entered game

You guys are splitting hairs now, the game was nip and tuck the entire 2nd half.
Neither team led by more than 4 points the entire 2nd half.
You put Jackson back in at the 4 minute mark and he fouls out and the game goes into OT then what?

Reactions: kl40504
Jackson can’t stay on the court and it is not Calipari’s fault. 3 of his fouls came away from the ball because the other guys get in his head and he can’t control his emotions. Also Castleton was abusing and embarrassing him yesterday. Calipari had to put Sarr on him late in the game to shut him down.

You guys are splitting hairs now, the game was nip and tuck the entire 2nd half.
Neither team led by more than 4 points the entire 2nd half.
You put Jackson back in at the 4 minute mark and he fouls out and the game goes into OT then what?
So you prepare and plan for what may happen or what is actually happening? In that situation you can’t gamble on what may happen. That’s a losing approach.

For goodness sakes, don't lay his fouls on the refs. Calls go both ways. How many foul shots did we shoot, and how many did Florida shoot? Jackson is a really good blocker, but being that aggressive will get fouls called on you.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

The problem with Jackson is only one of his 4 fouls were when he was guarding the ball. The other were dumb fouls that had nothing to do with the play.

Jackson can’t stay on the court and it is not Calipari’s fault. 3 of his fouls came away from the ball because the other guys get in his head and he can’t control his emotions. Also Castleton was abusing and embarrassing him yesterday. Calipari had to put Sarr on him late in the game to shut him down.
This is so true.

The problem with Jackson is only one of his 4 fouls were when he was guarding the ball. The other were dumb fouls that had nothing to do with the play.
Then Cal should explain to him to not be so aggressive away from the basketball. He doesn't help us if he's on the bench. I can understand one foul that shouldn't have happened, but three. I would like to see Cal set a player on the bench when he isn't doing what he should, but I don't think that is going to happen.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

So you prepare and plan for what may happen or what is actually happening? In that situation you can’t gamble on what may happen. That’s a losing approach.
Jed I get it but its a fine balance when the game is 1 or 2 possessions.
Ultimately, I agree he should have been brought in a bit earlier but its not as cut and dried as many on here are making it out to be and certainly didnt cost us the game, that happened when Askew left their best 3 pt shooter to double down on a big 20 feet from the basket that Sarr was all over anyway.

Reactions: jedwar
Ultimately, I agree he should have been brought in a bit earlier but its not as cut and dried as many on here are making it out to be and certainly didnt cost us the game, that happened when Askew left their best 3 pt shooter to double down on a big 20 feet from the basket that Sarr was all over anyway.
I agree it didn’t cost us the game.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
What if you put him in at the 6 minute mark and we go on to win comfortably with his performance?

4th foul at ten/nine minute mark.....should have subbed him at 6 minute mark
Yeah guys this is one of my all time pet peeves. The whole “foul trouble” thing is the biggest joke that ever got started years ago. There is no such thing as real “foul trouble” until they get their 5th foul.

Does it ever make sense at all to take out a player because of whatever number of fouls they have???

Here’s the twisted logic behind that. “We had to get SIT HIM DOWN so he won’t get too many fouls to where we have to (wait for it) SIT HIM DOWN”

Look, I can understand if a guy gets his fourth earlier than expected & you want to save them for down the stretch......but when you start sitting a guy from his second fouls on, all you are doing is fouling them out YOURSELF over & over again. When they get their second - YOU SIT THEM DOWN! like they are fouled out....it’s the exact same effect, they can’t score or help you at all because they are sitting beside you. Then you put them back in & they get their 3rd & what do they do??? They take them out of the game and THEY SIT THEM DOWN!! Just like they would do if they fouled out. Then when they get their 4th guess what???

& the worst part is, when you do that you ruin any rhythm, flow & effectiveness they have when they ARE on the floor so they spend the only minutes they have actually in the game tentative & afraid to get their next foul because guess what happens then???

It makes me crazy!!! My contention is you are much better off letting guys play all out until l they get their 4th,then make a judgment from there based on how the game is going whether to save them for or not. That way at least you get player who plays free & loose & not one afraid to move. I bet you they would end up playing just as many minutes or more on the floor that way than how all coaches do now taking them off the floor every 4 minutes. And I know for sure you’d get a ton more production per minute than yoyoing them in and out from there second foul on.

Last edited:
Yeah guys this is one of my all time pet peeves. The whole “foul trouble” thing is the biggest joke that ever got started years ago. There is no such thing as real “foul trouble” until they get their 5th foul.

Does it ever make sense at all to take out a player because of whatever number of fouls they have???

Here’s the twisted logic behind that. “We had to get SIT HIM DOWN so he won’t get too many fouls to where we have to (wait for it) SIT HIM DOWN”

Look, I can understand if a guy gets his fourth earlier than expected & you want to save them for down the stretch......but when you start sitting a guy from his second fouls on, all you are doing is fouling them out YOURSELF over & over again. When they get their second - YOU SIT THEM DOWN! like they are fouled out....it’s the exact same effect, they can’t score or help you at all because they are sitting beside you. Then you put them back in & they get their 3rd & what do they do??? They take them out of the game and THEY SIT THEM DOWN!! Just like they would do if they fouled out. Then when they get their 4th guess what???

& the worst part is, when you do that you ruin any rhythm, flow & effectiveness they have when they ARE on the floor so they spend the only minutes they have actually in the game tentative & afraid to get their next foul because guess what happens then???

It makes me crazy!!! My contention is you are much better off letting guys play all out until l they get their 4th,then make a judgment from there based on how the game is going whether to save them for or not. That way at least you get player who plays free & loose & not one afraid to move. I bet you they would end up playing just as many minutes or more on the floor that way than how all coaches do now taking them off the floor every 4 minutes. And I know for sure you’d get a ton more production per minute than yoyoing them in and out from there second foul on.
Bingo!....Cal sat on jackson to re-enter the game as it worked out....he never got the 5th foul. We should have easily put him in at the 5 mjnute mark nd let it play out.

Also, the 2 fouls in first half and you sit rule...is another one that needs to be shelved. Cost us the Fox/Monk year in NCAA elite 8 game vs. UNC.

Cal put him back in at 2:11 left in the game. Terrible.
Too timid and too late. He scored the first possession we had after he came in. It is inexcusable how he was "forgotten" until so late, and we have seen him used in strange ways at other times this season. In fairness, he does commit some dumb fouls, but also in fairness, he was thrown to the floor (no foul called) when Mintz made a three--that did count but we should have gotten a foul. The end result of that was no Florida foul but Jackson retaliated at the other end (dumb foul) and did get called for it. That's an experienced crew (Thank you Anthony Jordan, that's on you) who should have been able to see that better...they simply got it wrong.

With his presence alone in the lane, he needs to be on the floor in a tight game. Brooks was AWFUL, and we know Sarr isn't exactly a rebounding or shot-blocking presence due to his demeanor.

Cal had 3 timeouts and Jackson was sitting at the scorer's table ... finally a whistle at 2:12 or whatever it was. It was frustrating to watch him sit there.

Reactions: Bluejedi
With his presence alone in the lane, he needs to be on the floor in a tight game. Brooks was AWFUL, and we know Sarr isn't exactly a rebounding or shot-blocking presence due to his demeanor.

Cal had 3 timeouts and Jackson was sitting at the scorer's table ... finally a whistle at 2:12 or whatever it was. It was frustrating to watch him sit there.

A big in the lane with 4 fouls (who is consciously trying to avoid the 5th) is a liability. An opposing coach is going to key on him and tell his PG to take it to him. He'll either back off or catch his 5th.
His presence or absence wasn't the deal-breaker in this game. It's not like CC left Patrick Ewing on the bench.

Come on guys....been a rough year for Cal. He got woke and now sees things in a whole new light.

lol at you thinking this year he got “woke”.

nothing but a bunch of perpetual snowflake children.

lol at you thinking this year he got “woke”.

nothing but a bunch of perpetual snowflake children.
No....he just decided to let everyone know this year....prett sure everyone felt Cal leaned left, but nobody cared.
The snowflakes are Cal and some his players apparently since he didn't want to take their hearts. Keep drinking the kool aid he serves up.

Then Cal should explain to him to not be so aggressive away from the basketball. He doesn't help us if he's on the bench. I can understand one foul that shouldn't have happened, but three. I would like to see Cal set a player on the bench when he isn't doing what he should, but I don't think that is going to happen.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

How do you guys know what he tells the players and what he doesn't? I honestly would love to know because I have no idea.

No....he just decided to let everyone know this year....prett sure everyone felt Cal leaned left, but nobody cared.
The snowflakes are Cal and some his players apparently since he didn't want to take their hearts. Keep drinking the kool aid he serves up.

Coming from the "outraged over someone kneeling" crowd. Supporting the concept that people of color should have the same rights as white folks isn't "woke" it's just being human and not racist.

Bingo!....Cal sat on jackson to re-enter the game as it worked out....he never got the 5th foul. We should have easily put him in at the 5 mjnute mark nd let it play out.

Also, the 2 fouls in first half and you sit rule...is another one that needs to be shelved. Cost us the Fox/Monk year in NCAA elite 8 game vs. UNC.
That's just it. The majority of the time they never do get the 5th. And thats just it . . . by leaving them in to play it out you at least get the upside that they may never even foul out. When you choose to take them out of the game and sit them YOURSELF, you GUARANTEE those minutes are lost to your team everytime. Makes me want to chew a car tire.

Reactions: K_TIME
Coming from the "outraged over someone kneeling" crowd. Supporting the concept that people of color should have the same rights as white folks isn't "woke" it's just being human and not racist.
Who doesn't support equality? Oh I know who....BLM and antifa. Those groups that burned, looted, and destroyed towns and cities for weeks.
Simplistic and disingenious to suggest people on here or anywhere are against racial equality.

And when that double occurred I think it was Boston didn’t rotate. We get either lazy or intimidated on defense. Either don’t double down or if you do then everyone needs to do their job. Boston looked afraid that if he covered Askew’s man hat their would be no rotation to his man at the top of the key. It is maddening that at this late in the season we have no confidence in our teammates and their decision making!

How do you guys know what he tells the players and what he doesn't? I honestly would love to know because I have no idea.

Obviously he didn't tell him to not be so aggressive. If he did, he should have put him on the bench. I don't think Cal knows much to tell them, based on how their playing. Most fans know what he tells them, most of the time, because he is screaming at them what to do.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Honest question. What rights do white folks have that people of color do not? I'd genuinely like to know.

Reactions: littlecreek
ADVERTISEMENT