ADVERTISEMENT

J.J. Weaver visiting Louisville

I’m over football recruiting. Regardless of whether he actually signs here or not, its ridiculous. Visit before you commit if that’s the case. Committing means as much as the paper it’s written on.

I guess it aggravates me so much because I look at a commitment to anything as something serious. Whether it’s committing to do something at work, with your significant other, etc. It should mean something, dammit.

kids have been flipping since the day college football started
it is not just this generation or the last generation, but every generation

that is why you never count a recruit until he is signed

. Slugger looks down the pitcher, here it comes, looks like a fastball annnnddddddd. Boom. Home Run. Ladies and Gentlemen, that’s his 34th of the season!!! What a player!! Lmao.
I hope you're being sarcastic cause he completely whiffed...as usual.

Once again....What does that have to do with Right now? We are talking about right now.. if you try try real hard maybe you can see how that works.
I'm on your side dude, chill!!! Just showing there has been no complete domination by u6 as he wants to claim.

It seems the "Satterfield" effect is beginning.......Louisville HS players are going to be a tough get in the future. Personally, I think Weaver stays with us. Josh Allen's performance at same position is a huge selling point.
It will be exactly the opposite.UK is in Louisville to stay now. The Stoops/Marrow combo will overwhelm UL. Mark Stoops over Satterfield easy

Wildcard has been so silent on this board lately as his Cards crashed and burned in a nuclear flameout unlike any I have before seen. Now, we see the passive aggressive poster getting a second wind.

Folks, one great season does not establish a winning tradition. Just so you know. Thanks Nostradamus.
Oh please. I like to talk about football but I don't talk about the Cards on this board unless it is somehow relevant to the subject being discussed. I've given the Cats winner's props on this board and on UofL's board for that matter. But I'm not too big on cheerleading posts.

The Cards just went thru their 3rd losing season (and worst season) in the past 23 years. And it was truly a crash and burn season, not a 2 or 3 year "decline". Conversely the Cats just had their best season (and 10th winning season) since 1984. A great season but IDK "where" UK is in the football world. It will probably take a few more 8-9 win seasons to say they have truly turned the corner. Which I have said before is not so much a street corner but a big, sweeping curve in the highway. [winking]

Peace

PS: Weaver is a Wildcat. [winking]

Oh please. I like to talk about football but I don't talk about the Cards on this board unless it is somehow relevant to the subject being discussed. I've given the Cats winner's props on this board and on UofL's board for that matter. But I'm not too big on cheerleading posts.

The Cards just went thru their 3rd losing season (and worst season) in the past 23 years. And it was truly a crash and burn season, not a 2 or 3 year "decline". Conversely the Cats just had their best season (and 10th winning season) since 1984. A great season but IDK "where" UK is in the football world. It will probably take a few more 8-9 win seasons to say they have truly turned the corner. Which I have said before is not so much a street corner but a big, sweeping curve in the highway. [winking]

Peace

Soo, you seem to get off on being the “objective” cardinal voice..who would you take in the next 5-10 years? Stoops and UK or Satterfield and UofL? Remember, you’re the “objective” UofL fan that comes over here to show us how rational and logical you are (you seem to like to remind people of that fact). So be logical, next 5 to 10 years, whose going to do better? Whose winning next year? The year after? The team that keeps increasing its record year after year and has a solid base, or the team and university that’s in total disarray (and lost their free wheeling, hot shot, loose cannon athletics director that could hire and spend with impunity)?

PS: I love it when other fans come to this board under the guise of being the “objective” fan that harbors no ill will, yet slowly but surely they show their true colors. It’s especially good when people from traditional powers (cough, cough— Georgia) come over here and expect us lowly, downtrodden UK fans to fawn over their ‘words of wisdom’ simply because they’re fans of a team that’s better than us historically. It’s a slap in the face honestly. It’s like a UK basketball fan going on a Georgia basketball board and expecting people to take their word as gospel simply because they root for a historically better team. It’s a thinly veiled attempt at seeking praise and recognition that they themselves didn’t earn.

Last edited:
I’m over football recruiting. Regardless of whether he actually signs here or not, its ridiculous. Visit before you commit if that’s the case. Committing means as much as the paper it’s written on.

I guess it aggravates me so much because I look at a commitment to anything as something serious. Whether it’s committing to do something at work, with your significant other, etc. It should mean something, dammit.

Does seem to be a different generation the last few years for sure.

Closing out seasons and closing out in recruiting haven’t been kind to us lately lol I’m not surprised with anything anymore. A verbal commitment means very, very little to millennials

You’re exactly right, I used to agree when our coaches would stop recruiting a position to show their loyalty but now we need to be like other SEC schools and just keep recruiting players and sort them out at signing time.

I hope you are right (and it looks like Weaver will stick now) but we have all been waiting for "next year" for decades now.

Don't you think THIS year was a pretty good start? Nine regular season wins, ending the Florida streak, first winning season in the SEC in over 40 years, national defensive POY, SEC COY, multiple draft choices probably, including a top five pick probably, we have already accomplished about as much as anyone could expect for "next year".

A win over a top opponent in the bowl game would be the icing on the cake.

Once again....What does that have to do with Right now? We are talking about right now.. if you try try real hard maybe you can see how that works.

OK, let's talk about right now.

56-10.

Top 30 class, vs probably about 70th now, and dropping------with twenty commits vs five.

Transfer U has a dumpster fire on their hand, twenty year of jurich caught up with them.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
There should be a rule that states, once a player commits to a certain college, no other college or university has the right to talk to the said player without a permission from the program he has commited to.
It makes me sick about the way college sports is heading.
Shame on the commissioner Emmert or whatever the hell his name is spelled, for not doing something about it.

Reactions: cat_in_the_hat

Peace

In retrospect, the Cards were in decline over the past 2 years and 4 games. It was just hard to tell, because they had one of the best offensive weapons in the history of their program to cover the deficits.

Prostitution, drugs, training to be a serial armed robber, lots of things.

I had a friend with a machine shop that made AK47s AND the ammo, but his security system and checks on selling was pretty heavy--------he just retired.

Needed to put that "retired" in there, didn't want a lot of orders from Louisville.
As I have said before, with the record of drug arrests on OUR football team the last few years, I think that is one stone we do not want to throw. It embarrasses me that some of our fans_ and you in particular_ always want to throw these type things at UofL and other schools. Look at our off the field actions before you say this about others. We have certainly not had alter boys.And for the love of God, quit bringing up a player that committed a robbery 20 years ago. Other programs should start throwing Thomas Payne at us

Don't think JJ will flip, especially after Josh Allen keeps winning awards every other day. And, don't think for a minute just because a player commits at a certain position, that school stops recruiting that position, just in case someone does switch schools.

As I have said before, with the record of drug arrests on OUR football team the last few years, I think that is one stone we do not want to throw. It embarrasses me that some of our fans_ and you in particular_ always want to throw these type things at UofL and other schools. Look at our off the field actions before you say this about others. We have certainly not had alter boys.And for the love of God, quit bringing up a player that committed a robbery 20 years ago. Other programs should start throwing Thomas Payne at us
Totally different scenarios between UK and UofL. Yes UK has had a couple of players get into trouble (Jason Hatcher and Marcus Walker). As far as anyone knows neither player had a prior history of any legal troubles. Meanwhile we have the cesspool that is UofL where even the prior AD(Jurich) was actively recruiting players to campus that had prior run ins with law enforcement. The list of players running into trouble there is a mile long. And it’s all because of a culture of corruption and zero accountability. Maybe that’ll change with Jurich and Ramsey gone but I’m not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

OK, let's talk about right now.

56-10.

Top 30 class, vs probably about 70th now, and dropping------with twenty commits vs five.

Transfer U has a dumpster fire on their hand, twenty year of jurich caught up with them.
Jauk, i didn't reply to you so i don't know why you are harping at me. I was replying the UL fan and then slugger when they were talking about UL winning 6 of last 8. Although i did misinterpret sluggers response. Sorry slugger.

ADVERTISEMENT