ADVERTISEMENT

J.J. Weaver visiting Louisville

A visit does not mean a flip...is there any word about flipping? Or are we just still paranoid and butt sore about what’s his face from Frankfort? You know, that dude that went to Nebraska and burned every bridge in the way...

Didn’t he just committ to us last week?

Do young people know the definition of commitment?

College Football is also becoming a joke.

Players skipping bowls.

Players making the biggest production out of committing, and a week later they’re visiting other schools.

CBB is close to being ruined and CFB is heading in that direction also.

This young generation truly is the worst.
Thursday evening. He committed Thursday and visit Louisville Sunday. I don't even know what to say

I have never seen a bigger disconnect between what we have accomplished on the field this season and instate recruiting. Just completely baffled by the overall lack of interest in Kentucky by the top instate recruits
One great season does not re-write school history and establish "a winning tradition". If you are a top caliber football player and hold offers from AL, tOSU, MI, GA, et al AND UK, unless uniquely "connected" to UK, I believe you think those other offers over pretty hard. JMO

FWIW, the Weaver news just now hit the Louisville board. He is apparently meeting with Satterfield and Nochta right now. The site writer say he still believes he is 100% UK. I only know what I read but I would be stunned at a flip.

Peace

I hope we can get to the point one day where we can pick and choose highly ranked players we want and tell them to shut the recruiting down if they want to play here or we move on to the next guy.

They are obviously selling early PT. He's full grown, for sure, but hopefully he stops to think about how early he really wants to be looked at as the Answer, as well the nature of the Question .

I guess it’s a good thing these coaches make the money they do because that’s probably the only thing that makes it worth dealing with the constant drama of recruiting these players.

Players skipping bowls.

Players making the biggest production out of committing, and a week later they’re visiting other schools.

Yeah this generation way worse than those who had institutionalized segregation and indeed slavery - of course football recruiting is the real test of character though right.

BTW what generation are the coaches in - the ones who recruit kids with a promise of staying put and then bolt for another job?

Hometown is the emotional decision. UK just had Weaver's position win numerous national awards and looking at top five in the draft.

Business decision actually favors UK imo.
It really does, I think. The only way U of L is the business decision is if he's getting a signing bonus, or he somehow thinks U of L alumni networking will be better for him down the line. I doubt either applies.

It seems the "Satterfield" effect is beginning.......Louisville HS players are going to be a tough get in the future. Personally, I think Weaver stays with us. Josh Allen's performance at same position is a huge selling point.

Why?

UL can offer early PT but so can UK. He will have every chance to see the field as a true freshman. Can see the blueprint in what UK and Brad White (key point) did for josh.

If it's a business decision, it's not really even a decision

Reactions: Ky grandpa
His latest Instagram story says “It’s a business decision”.

I’m probably leaning towards him flipping after all this. What a gut punch

Maybe he can use the EXTRA $10.000 he will get free if he goes there for five years instead of UK, I know I sure could have going to UK, maybe he can help his family, do they need help?

It is the NOW generation you know.

Last edited:
Business decision. Go to Uk and you are set if the football thing doesn't work out. What business is U6 in except the losing business

Prostitution, drugs, training to be a serial armed robber, lots of things.

I had a friend with a machine shop that made AK47s AND the ammo, but his security system and checks on selling was pretty heavy--------he just retired.

Needed to put that "retired" in there, didn't want a lot of orders from Louisville.

Last edited:
This kind of thing used to bother me but it’s easier to brush things off I can’t control. It’s just easier for me to wait until signing day and see who faxes in their letters. We’ve had people flip in the past but we’re still doing pretty good.

It really does, I think. The only way U of L is the business decision is if he's getting a signing bonus, or he somehow thinks U of L alumni networking will be better for him down the line. I doubt either applies.

The signing bonus was $100,000 for their basketball player.

Reactions: JC CATS
Maybe he can use the EXTRA $10.000 he will get free if he goes there for five years instead of UK, I know I sure could have going to UK, maybe he can help his family, do they need help?

It is the NOW generation you know.
Forgot they've inflated their COA. Good point.

Players skipping bowls.

Kev it’s a generation I don’t get either. If you’re word is not good for ONE week then when will it ever be? And I don’t want to hear the lame excuses put out by people. I can understand a flip to a school you committed to early in the process before exploring what is out there for you. Don’t have a problem with that at all. Some kids don’t have many options and pick one before they blow up and more options become available. This one anyone who hasn’t been living under a rock would know their situation. And ONE week ago you made a huge announcement after careful thought. Those are the ones that leave me shaking my head.

One great season does not re-write school history and establish "a winning tradition". If you are a top caliber football player and hold offers from AL, tOSU, MI, GA, et al AND UK, unless uniquely "connected" to UK, I believe you think those other offers over pretty hard. JMO

FWIW, the Weaver news just now hit the Louisville board. He is apparently meeting with Satterfield and Nochta right now. The site writer say he still believes he is 100% UK. I only know what I read but I would be stunned at a flip.

Peace

We’re not talking about Bama, Georgia etc: we’re talking about Louisville big difference.

If a 9-3 Kentucky can't hold on to a recruit over a 2-10 UL team then there is something wrong somewhere.UL is likely not going to be much better next season.If in-state kids think that little of us then we are wasting our time recruiting them.I get it if Alabama,UGA or some other top 10 program comes calling, but UL, give me a break.
You just have to live here...most black kids don't grow up caring much about UK.

Peace
I wouldn't in the least bit...

Business decision. Go to Uk and you are set if the football thing doesn't work out. What business is U6 in except the losing business[/QUOTE

You guys are taking the term "business decision" way too literally in this case. That's just another catch phrase recruits hear others use so they use it themselves and it usually just means "I gotta do what I gotta do" nothing more. It doesn't mean they are crunching numbers with a CPA. They're 18

One thing to watch is if Louisville offers Casey a full ride to get Weaver vs Preferred Walkon

We'd be a lot better off if we changed the word commitment to 'strongly leaning' or 'intends to sign with the school as of right now.'

No matter what the wording is, as long as they don't make it mandatory when a player says he is committing to sign immediately, this s**t will continue.
As long as current NCAA commissioner is in charge, things will not work properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: seccats04
It seems the "Satterfield" effect is beginning.......Louisville HS players are going to be a tough get in the future. Personally, I think Weaver stays with us. Josh Allen's performance at same position is a huge selling point.

Can you post a picture of your Satterfield tattoo?

You sound a lot like Public Enemy.

Reactions: bluecoon1
Lol, no 17/18-yr old has any clue what a ''business decision' means. Sounds like something planted in his head by the new UL cabal.

Like a Corey Peters “business decision?” I hope Louisville kids know that Kentucky is a big state and their future is well-served by starring for the Cats. Sounds like Tyra is trying to steal UK’s 4/40 campaign.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat

Peace

Wildcard has been so silent on this board lately as his Cards crashed and burned in a nuclear flameout unlike any I have before seen. Now, we see the passive aggressive poster getting a second wind.

Folks, one great season does not establish a winning tradition. Just so you know. Thanks Nostradamus.

With all that's happened with that program, it looks like getting away from it would be the thing to do, not go to it. Who knows why anyone would even visit the campus after committing to the other state school, all you can do is shake your head.o_O

No matter what the wording is, as long as they don't make it mandatory when a player says he is committing to sign immediately, this s**t will continue.
As long as current NCAA commissioner is in charge, things will not work properly.

Don’t think it’s going to ever change. The system is set up for the big boys allowing them to poach and fill their classes at the last minute if needed. Unfortunately it also allows schools like UL, Neb, etc to also continue their recruiting pitch.

I’m with you though, I’d like to see kids have the opportunity to sign a LOI early because if they don’t it gives the staff an indication that he’s not fully set on the school.

We’re not talking about Bama, Georgia etc: we’re talking about Louisville big difference.

Yeah, that is my point, sure I get it that we lost one instate kid to Alabama and another to Notre Dame, both of whom happen to not only have a vast tradition of excellence and are incidentally, both undefeated and playing in the BCS playoffs.

But we have also lost instate players this year (and Morton last year) to Purdue, Va Tech, Nebraska (not one of which had a winning season this year), and Michigan/Stanford (who are good, I grant you) who hardly even gave us a thought, near as I can tell. If we can't sign instate kids after $130M of improvements, winning 7, 7 and 9 games, national POY, top 5 draft pick, top 20 ranking all year, 3 all SEC picks, etc., etc., it is disheartening to say the least. And it continues a trend from the last several years as well.

Yeah, that is my point, sure I get it that we lost one instate kid to Alabama and another to Notre Dame, both of whom happen to not only have a vast tradition of excellence and are incidentally, both undefeated and playing in the BCS playoffs.

But we have also lost instate players this year (and Morton last year) to Purdue, Va Tech, Nebraska (not one of which had a winning season this year), and Michigan/Stanford (who are good, I grant you) who hardly even gave us a thought, near as I can tell. If we can't sign instate kids after $130M of improvements, winning 7, 7 and 9 games, national POY, top 5 draft pick, top 20 ranking all year, 3 all SEC picks, etc., etc., it is disheartening to say the least. And it continues a trend from the last several years as well.

The big jump is supposed to be next year.

Tyra really pushing Weaver, why do we feel the heat to help a program like them by playing them? Not in our best interest to help them, we have plenty on our table to deal with. Bunch of fans on our side that doesn't care what is in our best interest, including the media, they just want the one game excitement. Totally break away from them, don't give their recruits a chance to play against us. Don't give them the opportunity to have everything to win and nothing to lose against us.

Please. You’ve lost six of the last eight.

Reactions: Ville101

Didn’t Michigan and Ohio State lose kids to us?

Reactions: jauk11
ADVERTISEMENT