ADVERTISEMENT

J.J. Weaver visiting Louisville

Sep 20, 2014
posted an Instagram story about 10 minutes ago (1 PM Sunday) where he’s taking a tour of Louisville’s weight room and locker room.

Not sure what the backstory is behind that, but just seems kind of odd. Haven’t really seen anything mentioned about it.

Reactions: LNAllison
Let's hope this doesn't escalate into something. Surely he won't bail on his teammate that is coming here to as a preferred walk-on. We can't deal with another instate fiasco this close to signing day. December 19th can't get here soon enough.

I’m sure the new staff is going to at least recruit him late until he signs. Satterfield has a lot of ground to make up and he is starting in Louisville.

I’m sure that’s probably what it is too, but it’s not exactly encouraging

No way in hell I let my kid walk into that fuster cluck of a program right now unless they have no other decent offers.

Let's hope this doesn't escalate into something. Surely he won't bail on his teammate that is coming here to as a preferred walk-on. We can't deal with another instate fiasco this close to signing day. December 19th can't get here soon enough.

Closing out seasons and closing out in recruiting haven’t been kind to us lately lol I’m not surprised with anything anymore. A verbal commitment means very, very little to millennials

This is why I have a hard time following football recruiting. A kid will commit and basically keeps that school from recruiting anyone else at that position meanwhile they are out still taking visits and having inhomes with coaches. Happens from time to time in basketball but not like it does in football.

Didn’t he just committ to us last week?

Do young people know the definition of commitment?

College Football is also becoming a joke.

Players skipping bowls.

Players making the biggest production out of committing, and a week later they’re visiting other schools.

CBB is close to being ruined and CFB is heading in that direction also.

This young generation truly is the worst.

Tyra really pushing Weaver, why do we feel the heat to help a program like them by playing them? Not in our best interest to help them, we have plenty on our table to deal with. Bunch of fans on our side that doesn't care what is in our best interest, including the media, they just want the one game excitement. Totally break away from them, don't give their recruits a chance to play against us. Don't give them the opportunity to have everything to win and nothing to lose against us.

If a 9-3 Kentucky can't hold on to a recruit over a 2-10 UL team then there is something wrong somewhere.UL is likely not going to be much better next season.If in-state kids think that little of us then we are wasting our time recruiting them.I get it if Alabama,UGA or some other top 10 program comes calling, but UL, give me a break.

It seems the "Satterfield" effect is beginning.......Louisville HS players are going to be a tough get in the future. Personally, I think Weaver stays with us. Josh Allen's performance at same position is a huge selling point.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
It seems the "Satterfield" effect is beginning.......Louisville HS players are going to be a tough get in the future. Personally, I think Weaver stays with us. Josh Allen's performance at same position is a huge selling point.

Same. I think the lbs will stick but only because of that. Most all local Louisville coaches heavily want their kids to ul or to brohm. Petrino ignored the local coaches. Satterfield is doing the opposite.

Smart move. Will make it tough to get players in Jefferson county

Nothing more worthless than a football verbal commitment.He probably stays with us but not a big fan of kids visiting other schools after committing to a school. I know it has worked in our favor also but these commitment announcements are becoming a joke.

Nothing more worthless than a football verbal commitment.He probably stays with us but not a big fan of kids visiting other schools after committing to a school. I know it has worked in our favor also but these commitment announcements are becoming a joke.
Plain and simple....if guys commit then continue to take visits they aren't committed. I suspect U6 is selling him on PT, they have it in spades UK not so much.

Just another repercussion of Mr. Football decommitting. Hope this young man has enough sense to stick with us.

Reactions: docholiday51
I don't understand it either, he can get an extra $10,000 legally in four years at Cincy, and he will have to stay five years at Transfer U in order to get that much.

Let’s not push the panic button on this one. Granted, it’s very annoying and frustrating that he would do this, but maybe his coach, parents, etc put him up to it to make a courtesy visit.

Now, if he were to decide to take an OV this coming weekend, or announce he is delaying his signing, that’s another matter....

I ultimately think he still signs with the Cats, but in the long run recruiting Jefferson County will be more challenging.

His latest Instagram story says “It’s a business decision”.

I’m probably leaning towards him flipping after all this. What a gut punch

His latest Instagram story says “It’s a business decision”.

I’m probably leaning towards him flipping after all this. What a gut punch
Kentucky high school football players don't know business from bee's wax.Picking UL over UK in football right now is proof beyond a reasonable doubt of that fact.If the kid chooses to do that he can tell himself anything he wants to justify a poor decision.

Reactions: kev69
Tyra really pushing Weaver, why do we feel the heat to help a program like them by playing them? Not in our best interest to help them, we have plenty on our table to deal with. Bunch of fans on our side that doesn't care what is in our best interest, including the media, they just want the one game excitement. Totally break away from them, don't give their recruits a chance to play against us. Don't give them the opportunity to have everything to win and nothing to lose against us.
Curious about why you think UK playing UofL "helps" UofL? I can understand dropping UofL and buying another OOC win maybe helping UK but simply cannot see how playing UK helps UofL (other than a well attended home game every other year).

Peace

My kids do Instagram but I don’t. I agree that doesn’t sound encouraging.
You don't say business decision unless it's about money...pretty. eff em all. Don't need them unless they want to be hear. This makes even less sense than that other guy going to Nebraska.

Wait is it official he's flipping? Just saw Rowland has a thread on HOB but no clue what it's about.

Last edited:
Lol, no 17/18-yr old has any clue what a ''business decision' means. Sounds like something planted in his head by the new UL cabal.

Reactions: kev69
Curious about why you think UK playing UofL "helps" UofL? I can understand dropping UofL and buying another OOC win maybe helping UK but simply cannot see how playing UK helps UofL (other than a well attended home game every other year).

Peace
C.M. Newton convinced himself that UK playing UofL would be a good thing. The UK-UofL series has benefited UofL far more than it has UK.

Peace
In state recognition, SEC game, more to gain than lose because of conference, in state recruiting are just a few off the top. A 50/50 game for both over time, only losing makes a difference for us. Beating us half the time gives your school as a whole more relevance than anything we get out of it. Could discuss a lot more, but just a few things.

In state recognition, SEC game, more to gain than lose because of conference, in state recruiting are just a few off the top. A 50/50 game for both over time, only losing makes a difference for us. Beating us half the time gives your school as a whole more relevance than anything we get out of it. Could discuss a lot more, but just a few things.

In state recruiting, yes.

But in general, if you think beating Kentucky in FB (outside of the past few years and this year, when it’s absolutely true) does more for UofL than losing to us... you’re overrating the stature of our program nationally.

In state recruiting, yes.

But in general, if you think beating Kentucky in FB (outside of the past few years and this year, when it’s absolutely true) does more for UofL than losing to us... you’re overrating the stature of our program nationally.
Another win every year only helps our national status. Look at Central Florida. Still get ranked top ten regardless of schedule.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I have never seen a bigger disconnect between what we have accomplished on the field this season and instate recruiting. Just completely baffled by the overall lack of interest in Kentucky by the top instate recruits

This age group’s formative memories of Kentucky football are the Joker Years.

You won’t see the payoff for (instate and out of state) recruiting until a few years down the road, IMO.

Reactions: ghorn19

Do young people know the definition of commitment?

College Football is also becoming a joke.

Players skipping bowls.

Players making the biggest production out of committing, and a week later they’re visiting other schools.

CBB is close to being ruined and CFB is heading in that direction also.

This young generation truly is the worst.

May not be the worst but, at least around here, it's making whatever is truly the worst not look so bad.

I have never seen a bigger disconnect between what we have accomplished on the field this season and instate recruiting. Just completely baffled by the overall lack of interest in Kentucky by the top instate recruits

This age group’s formative memories of Kentucky football are the Joker Years.

You won’t see the payoff for (instate and out of state) recruiting until a few years down the road, IMO.

Said the same thing about Brooks and even after four bowl games in a row he could not get over the recruiting hurdle to take the next step. Plus Weaver just moved here four years ago.

I bet Wandale really hoping he decomits ha ha makes everybody froget about him

ADVERTISEMENT