ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo March Magic

UK90

All-American
Dec 30, 2007
Dude certainly knows how to get his team to peak at tourney time. Going to his 7th final four, and only a couple of those 7 final four teams really had elite level talent.

Izzo was overdue a Final Four, since last year was his first senior class not to make a Final 4 during their 4 years.

I respect it, but I'm sick of them. As if the regular season in college basketball isn't devalued enough, Izzo makes it look completely unimportant. Play like dogsh** for 4 months, then somehow pull out miracles in March. Even his title team lost 7 times.

The good news is that I think MSU has a much better shot against Duke than UL would, if Duke gets past Gonzaga.

This is just another ho hum blah Izzo Final Four run with another team that has near ZERO percent shot at winning the title.

His 2005 team had no shot.
His 2009 team had no shot.
His 2010 team had no shot.
His 2015 team has no shot IMO.

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:
This is just another ho hum blah Izzo Final Four run with another team that has near ZERO percent shot at winning the title.

the were pretty good in '05.

Izzo is starting to look like Jack Klompus -- the space pen guy from Seinfeld. (He injected irrelevantly)

I'm kinda tired of Izzo. Maybe it's because he ran his mouth about Kentucky this year. Maybe it's because winning the elite 8 game is his championship.

Originally posted by Dreklie:
Am I the only one to think they had amazing luck with the teams they played?
Umm, they played their region's number. 2 seed, number 3 seed, and number 4 seed. At least seeding-wise, that's about as hard as road to the final four can get.

Originally posted by mj2k10:
I respect it, but I'm sick of them. As if the regular season in college basketball isn't devalued enough, Izzo makes it look completely unimportant. Play like dogsh** for 4 months, then somehow pull out miracles in March. Even his title team lost 7 times.

The good news is that I think MSU has a much better shot against Duke than UL would, if Duke gets past Gonzaga.
Yes, sometimes too its better to be lucky than good, the luck was being in the weakest region. The hell with him too as he has taken off hand shots at us, hope he gets worked in the FF.

I respect it, but I'm sick of them. As if the regular season in college basketball isn't devalued enough, Izzo makes it look completely unimportant. Play like dogsh** for 4 months, then somehow pull out miracles in March.
In fairness, doesn't that rather precisely describe what we did last year?

That said, I get your point. There is a problem with the perception of the regular season no longer meaning much in college basketball, and that problem certainly isn't helped when teams that mediocre regular season keep making the final four

Originally posted by Teachable Moe:
Izzo is starting to look like Jack Klompus -- the space pen guy from Seinfeld. (He injected irrelevantly)
Hahahahaha. Thanks for the laugh!

Originally posted by UK90:

I respect it, but I'm sick of them. As if the regular season in college basketball isn't devalued enough, Izzo makes it look completely unimportant. Play like dogsh** for 4 months, then somehow pull out miracles in March.
In fairness, doesn't that rather precisely describe what we did last year?

That said, I get your point. There is a problem with the perception of the regular season no longer meaning much in college basketball, and that problem certainly isn't helped when teams that mediocre regular season keep making the final four
I would say that Cal has a better excuse, considering the nature of his teams, but yeah, UK pretty much pulled an Izzo last year and in 2011.

I'm no troll, but UK lst 10 games in last year's regular season because it took the whole season to get our freshmen to play together. I can't stand Izzo's slow, boring and grind it out blue collar mentality, but if we deserved to make the tourney last year, MSU has proven they do this year. Their region was pathetically weak, but they have just the type of toughness and blue collar mentality that is made to knock off Duke in the semis. So MSU could do us a huge favor. I hope so even though I can't stand them, but I like Duke even less. Coach K needs to be sent packing.

Originally posted by hotelblue:
Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:

the were pretty good in '05.
They were pretty good at getting slaughtered by UNC by 16 and giving up 87 points to them. UK should have beat that team in 2005...UK was clearly the better team.

Izzo gets on my last nerve. I would be depressed if I were a Michigan St. fan for having to endure the most awful painful looking seasons. Maybe he sucks as a coach but just has a knack for tournament motivation. It's weird.

that was a two team year. i thought their showing in the ff was poor for their talent that year. i thought they were loaded despite their record.

Typical Izzo. Wont matter. Without cleaves the guy would have no tiles, because his teams always lack the final ingredient to win it all. That guy.

Im laughing at this 7 seed MSU matchup vs. Duke. its almost like the ncaa writes this stuff.

Originally posted by gracetoyou:
Izzo gets on my last nerve. I would be depressed if I were a Michigan St. fan for having to endure the most awful painful looking seasons. Maybe he sucks as a coach but just has a knack for tournament motivation. It's weird.
He's the "other" Tubby Smith but in a good way. Deals with handlers and recruits decently well, and can win in the elite eight.

To be fair, the "izzo taking shots at UK" thing was totally overblown. His quotes were taken completely out of context. We don't stand for that when it's done to Cal, so don't be hypocrites.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT