ADVERTISEMENT

I've never been this positive after a loss

kyjeff1

All-American
Sep 8, 2012
Well, we have a BUNCH of negative Nancies on here that obviously have forgotten that this team is the youngest in CBB, missing two VERY key players and just lost a game by 4 points on a neutral court to a legit top 5 team in mid November.

I'm excited. Yeah, we look like dog feces right now, but I see what others don't obviously.

Green will be 10 times better in a month than he is right now.

Vanderbilt is coming soon.

Cal and Kenny have only had a few practices with these guys, give them time and our defense will be smothering people, you can't deny the length of this team guys, they can't defend worth a lick, but they will be great at it by conference play.

Cal obviously hasn't worked on offense, but this team has the horses to be a good scoring team.

I just know Cal will fix all of these items and I think we are going to see large improvements from game to game for a while because they have so many simple things that can be fixed quickly.

Give Cal and Kenny a couple of months.

Ditto.

I screamed F%CK after graham hit both free throws and I was good after that haha. I was very pleased that our Cats didn't give up early in the game when we got down 11 and again when we got down late in the 2nd.

You can def see the potential in this years squad. I think SGA and SKJ need to shoot the ball more. I was really pleased with SKJ last night hopefully he can carry that new found confidence into the next game and so on thru the season.

I was pleasantly surprised with how our guys played last night. Yeah, sucks to take the L, but we looked pretty good for the most part. Needed a bit more effort from some (looking at you PJ) but we played well. Good early test.

Reactions: kyjeff1
When Vanderbilt comes back, this team is going to have a ridiculous amount of depth and balance. Knox is going to be a star, Diallo is going to be better, our PG play will improve, SKJ gives us a huge element we didn't think we'd have, and I have no doubt this team will improve defensively.

We only get 4 months of college basketball. Don't understand why so many here sit around and find everything to be miserable about. Enjoy the ride.

Well, we have a BUNCH of negative Nancies on here that obviously have forgotten that this team is the youngest in CBB, missing two VERY key players and just lost a game by 4 points on a neutral court to a legit top 5 team in mid November.

I'm excited. Yeah, we look like dog feces right now, but I see what others don't obviously.

Green will be 10 times better in a month than he is right now.

Vanderbilt is coming soon.

Cal and Kenny have only had a few practices with these guys, give them time and our defense will be smothering people, you can't deny the length of this team guys, they can't defend worth a lick, but they will be great at it by conference play.

Cal obviously hasn't worked on offense, but this team has the horses to be a good scoring team.

I just know Cal will fix all of these items and I think we are going to see large improvements from game to game for a while because they have so many simple things that can be fixed quickly.

Give Cal and Kenny a couple of months.

Very well said. We can only get better. I was pleased with the way our team played as this was their 1st real game against a top team.

I was pleasantly surprised with how our guys played last night. Yeah, sucks to take the L, but we looked pretty good for the most part. Needed a bit more effort from some (looking at you PJ) but we played well. Good early test.

That double team on PJ every time he touched it in the post really had him confused. He needs to make his move faster aka spin to the baseline away from the double team and look to skip pass it or shoot it if open.

This team has a lot of heart. This team has a lot of talent. This team has good chemistry. This team has Coach Cal. This team will be very good.

We're actually ahead of where I thought we'd be. I still don't think we're a real title contender this year, but stranger things have happened. I was impressed by our young guys last night.
Two things have to happen for UK to be a contender imo. A low post presence has to come and big defensive improvement. I think Green and SGA will get better.

I told my son UK would lose by 12 before the game. I was happy we had a chance to win considering all of the turnovers we had. I believe this team has the potential to improve more than any team Cal has had at UK but there will likely be some ugly losses along the way. It's going to probably be 2014 all over again, turning into a dangerous team come tournament time

I expected to lose by 18 so I was thrilled. The fact that we could have one was even more awesome.
It boggles my mind that we didn't lose by 18+ when I factor in all the mistakes we made all game long. I have never seen a Cal team trip over itself in one game as much as we did last night and UK STILL had a really good chance to win it.

We were in the game with a chance to win it,like most i didn't see that coming.I think we lost the game in the first half when we got beat to so many 50/50 balls,that has little to do with talent but much to do with effort and intensity.

In crunch time we were a basket away on a couple of occasions from getting the upper hand late in the game.We just didn't know where to go to get the needed basket

This team will win by committee,I hope players buy into that and everyone is willing to play their role.

Last edited:
As for right now lets grind into the floorboards those miserable, lying, cheating, crybaby punks at Loserville. I want to read Zipps sorry ass excuse for it. I want to see 83ULcards83 and the rest of those morons cry about it.

It boggles my mind that we didn't lose by 18+ when I factor in all the mistakes we made all game long. I have never seen a Cal team trip over itself in one game as much as we did last night and UK STILL had a really good chance to win it.

This. Mistake after mistake. Every freshman mistake known to man and we still competed. That either means we brought them down to our level of play or the geometry of our length and athleticism will be enough to win games with defense. We’ll stir in a little experience until the recipe is right. It’s not soup yet, but LOOKOUT!

I feel good. We were much closer than I'd expected. I really didn't think we'd be in a position to possibly win in the final minutes.

I thought when we went down by 12 or whatever in the first half that we were dead in the water with a bunch of freshmen. Impressive.

I hear ya brother.

I was at the game last night and got to sit lower level. Got back to the bar after a disappointing loss but a loss in which I thought
>team full of 18 year olds playing high school ball this time last year
>3rd game in five days
>first national TV game against a blue blood program

And they competed. Just flat out left it on the floor. A bounce here or there and we win the game like any close basketball game

So I log on to see what the opinions are on the rafters. After two minutes I thought, did I miss something?

Did I or they see a different game?

Turned my phone off and happily drank one more Miller and thought about how much potential this team has. True, that all teams should get better at years end, but I like our team.

Gonna be hard to watch at times, but should be fun.

Quade has to get better. Team runs smoother with him on the floor and Shai just doesn’t handle the ball well but absolutely harassing on D at times.

Knox is the man and will be our go to. Hami can be dynamic but will be up and down. Richards just need to be a beast on the glass and a big body. I could go on but what’s the point?

Nothing I saw isn’t fixable. Enjoy the ride and let’s see where it takes us.

That double team on PJ every time he touched it in the post really had him confused. He needs to make his move faster aka spin to the baseline away from the double team and look to skip pass it or shoot it if open.
Other players need to love to open spots and to give him better angles to pass out of the double teams! Coaches will correct this in practice! If we continue to work as hard as we did last night, we are going to be a very good team!

This team might benefit more from Camp Cal than any other team he's had here so far. I could see there being a massive jump by a couple of guys between the middle of December to the middle of January.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I'm really looking forward to watching this team grow as the year progresses. Yes they're going to make mistakes early, but it's a mostly freshmen team that is still adjusting to one another and learning their roles.

Now for what this team lacks on experience, it more than makes up for it with their "Band of Brothers " attitude. It just seems like they're all having fun, wanting to get each other involved, and that can't be coached. This team just needs 2 things, maturity (which will come) and patience from fans.

I told my son UK would lose by 12 before the game. I was happy we had a chance to win considering all of the turnovers we had. I believe this team has the potential to improve more than any team Cal has had at UK but there will likely be some ugly losses along the way. It's going to probably be 2014 all over again, turning into a dangerous team come tournament time

I think the comparison to 2014 is pretty spot on for how we can expect this season to shake out: a lot of inconsistency, but a chance to win it all in the end.

ADVERTISEMENT