ADVERTISEMENT

I've got a strong take: Herro and KeldJohn are better than Romeo Langford

So lets revisit this already

Cal said Keldon Johnson is one of the 5 best players in the nation as he dunked on everyone and Tyler Herro averaged north of 17 a game on like 60%+ True Shooting while showing off a complete offensive arsenal.

Anyone want to disagree still?
hey Mgkcbb how good will Purdue be this year

Keldon John

319181_1.jpg

Here's a link to Romeo Langfords high school stats. Despite being billed as a good outside shooter, he shot 35% from 3 his high school career on large volume. Add in his various all star events and that % dips to 34%.

He attempted nearly 750 Free throws in his 4 year high school career pointing to the fact that much of his offensive value was predicated on him using his 6'5 frame against 6 foot and under high schoolers to draw a ton of fouls. I'm not sure that's totally translatable to Division 1 college.

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/ge...bef0-a0369f3c1b4c&gendersport=boys,basketball

Now, look at the AAU per 40 minute stats in this tweet.

Romeo Langford is listed twice - once with his combined 16 and 17 seasons and another time showing just his 2017 season.

Firstly, Keldon Johnson is superior in nearly all stats across the board. But when you look at Romeos 2017 stats only, he was awful against high level competition.

KeldJohn is a better scorer, shooter, creator, and defender. It's baffling how he was ranked below Romeo but recruiting rankings suck and don't matter.

Onto Tyler Herro, who I think is essentially Devin Booker 2.0. What he does well translates. He's a lights out shooter with size that will enable him to get that sweet jump shot off at any moment. While he's a great slasher as well, he won't have to rely on it to get to the line like Romeo Langford will absolutely need it to succeed.

I think Herro will have one of the better Offensive Ratings on UK and even in the SEC.

Lets update this

Romeo Langford is 15 of 71 from 3 which is 21%. Hes a terrible jump shooter who teams have essentially solved. His ganes been plummeting lately and hes terrible defensively.

His offensive rating on the year is 107.3. Look for that to continue to get worse.

On the other hand, Tyler Herros offensive rating is 113.7. Keldon Johnson's offensive rating is 118.3.

Theyre both vastly superior defensively as well.

Forget their recruiting rankings, UK has the 2 best players out of those 3.

ADVERTISEMENT