ADVERTISEMENT

IUPUI vs IPFW

brian.mikeson

Sophomore
Aug 30, 2014
First Michigan plays (and loses to) something named NJIT and now it appears we have trade unions squaring off and making the ticker on ESPN.

Are there 900 Division 1 bball teams now?

Reactions: CELTICAT
Oy!

Please tell me you are just being sarcastic

I fear, though, that you're not....

IU is Indiana University
PU is Purdue University
I is Indianapolis

IUPUI is Indiana University and Purdue University's joint campus in downtown Indianapolis

Same thing with the IPFW, only that joint campus is in Fort Wayne, Indiana

Sheesh!!!

ohwell.r191677.gif

Reactions: Iuzach04
Originally posted by Samwise Ganjee:
Oy!

Please tell me you are just being sarcastic

I fear, though, that you're not....

IU is Indiana University
PU is Purdue University
I is Indianapolis

IUPUI is Indiana University and Purdue University's joint campus in downtown Indianapolis

Same thing with the IPFW, only that joint campus is in Fort Wayne, Indiana

Sheesh!!!

laugh.r191677.gif
Totally joking.

Swear though they should put "Local 987" at the end of IPFW.

The thought of a "University" playing something other than another University reminds me of looking back at the old UK records when they beat Lexington YMCA 11-3 or the Marathon AAU team in basketball.

Yes, it was in March 21, 2003. They IUPUI was awarded their first NCAA birth by playing #1 Kentucky. If I remember correctly their point guard was 30 years. He was the oldest player in the NCAA at the time.
This post was edited on 1/5 9:59 AM by wldktz8

First Michigan plays (and loses to) something named NJIT and now it appears we have trade unions squaring off and making the ticker on ESPN.

Are there 900 Division 1 bball teams now?

Not sure why you're acting like this is the first time you've heard of those schools.

Both IUPUI and IPFW have been around for awhile. In fact, IUPUI was OUR NCAA tournament opponent in 2003 (and has produced at least one excellent NBAer in George Hill), and IPFW (which beat IU last season) is merely our next opponent.

These are names I'd think most college basketball fans would be familiar with.

Reactions: Iuzach04
Not sure why you're acting like this is the first time you've heard of those schools.

Both IUPUI and IPFW have been around for awhile. In fact, IUPUI was OUR NCAA tournament opponent in 2003 (and has produced at least one excellent NBAer in George Hill), and IPFW (which beat IU last season) is merely our next opponent.

This thread was started nearly 3 years ago.
Wtf brought it back?

I thought the line about trade unions squaring off was funny

Reactions: KY_Kid
ADVERTISEMENT