ADVERTISEMENT

It's early but Andy Katz has UK as a #5 seed in his first bracket

They won’t be a 1 or 2. 3 is still in play depending on the rest of the season. In reality, Andy is probably right.

I think worst case scenario for this team is 5 more losses....at the most, if even that. I don't think that equates to a 5 seed.

They won’t be a 1 or 2. 3 is still in play depending on the rest of the season. In reality, Andy is probably right.
1 or 2 is definitely still in play IMO. The teams we played this summer weren't THAT bad and we looked like a well oiled machine. Not sure what happened between then and now but if we can get back to 90% of that team we can play with anyone. A few bounces here and there and 1-2 more losses with none of them being bad and we can absolutely get there.

I really like our roster, just have to see how it shakes out over the season.

1 or 2 is definitely still in play IMO. The teams we played this summer weren't THAT bad and we looked like a well oiled machine. Not sure what happened between then and now but if we can get back to 90% of that team we can play with anyone. A few bounces here and there and 1-2 more losses with none of them being bad and we can absolutely get there.

Lose to UCLA and those seeds are out in my opinion.

I’m guessing Purdue, Virginia, Houston are 1s ?

Lol. Not a single blue blood as a one. Duke a three. KU a two.

And Bennett with a 1 seed. If Tony Bennett is the tankard in college basketball these days some one out this sport out of its misery.
I think UVA has a chance to be up there. It's early, but they have played a couple of good teams. Their AdjO and AdjD are both top 15, and there are only 3 or 4 teams in the ACC that should be expected to be able to handle them. They have Houston Dec. 17th. That will be an interesting matchup. There are several games that day that should be really good and that could shake up the rankings a little.

If the WIldcats want to be a 1 seed they probably have 2 losses to play with. None of which can come in this last part of OOC including the KU game.

This means they cannot lose any games in the SEC @home. That leaves @Miss St, @Bama, @UT, and @Arky. At Miss State would be the most winnable imo. That leaves needing to get 1 more win against one of those 3. Arky might be the most susceptible(Brazille injury). All 3 of those teams seem to be pretty evenly matched up.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I think UVA has a chance to be up there. It's early, but they have played a couple of good teams. Their AdjO and AdjD are both top 15, and there are only 3 or 4 teams in the ACC that should be expected to be able to handle them. They have Houston Dec. 17th. That will be an interesting matchup. There are several games that day that should be really good and that could shake up the rankings a little.
I’ve tried to watch UVA play. I just can’t. Paint is more exciting.

Reactions: Blueheart32
I’ve tried to watch UVA play. I just can’t. Paint is more exciting.
Oh I don't enjoy the style at all. They have scored 70+ in 6 of their 8 games so far though. Hung 86 on Bay,or, but yeah, I get what you are saying completely.

Lol. Not a single blue blood as a one. Duke a three. KU a two.

And Bennett with a 1 seed. If Tony Bennett is the tankard in college basketball these days some one out this sport out of its misery.
College basketball has turned into an ugly grind it out game.
That’s why it is very important to have a coach that can draw up winning plays at the end.

9 million dollars per year.

What a flipping joke.

The problem is that he doesn't even act like he's trying. We listen to his same bullshit year after year talking about how hard this is, and that they aren't robots. He continues running zero offense for these kids, and just wants to out-talent everyone with a team made from mostly the portal. Dude is getting paid 9 million a year to be worthless at his job.

to much time with Calipari is what happened, think we would be better of if he sat in the stands, like he did in the Bahamas

As many as 5 losses may get a team a #1 seed this year. BUT, those losses have to be to other P5/Top 10 teams. Losing to Michigan State is not a "good loss".
I'm guessing this UK team will finish the regular season with 8-9 losses. That'll get us a 6-7 seed.

Who knows what will happen? A 5 seed facing the dreaded 5-12 every year upset would be portending.

regardless of seed unfortunately my expectations are low. This has nothing to do with the way I feel about cal. Its our new reality until it isn't. From what I have seen so far this year its a loss in the sweet 16.

ADVERTISEMENT