ADVERTISEMENT

It's About To Go Down!

. A peek at Miller’s client list shows ties to schools like Louisville, Syracuse, North Carolina State during Mark Gottfried’s tenure, Oklahoma State during Travis Ford’s tenure, Florida during Billy Donovan’s time there and Fred Hoiberg’s time at Iowa State.

. A peek at Miller’s client list shows ties to schools like Louisville, Syracuse, North Carolina State during Mark Gottfried’s tenure, Oklahoma State during Travis Ford’s tenure, Florida during Billy Donovan’s time there and Fred Hoiberg’s time at Iowa State.

Here's an older article on Andy Miller which links him to AAU coaches.

"According to emails obtained by ESPN, the NCAA feels that it established a link between sports agent Andy Miller of ASM Sports Agency and the following travel team administrators and coaches: Matt Ramker, Florida Rams; TJ Gasnola, New England Playaz; Desmond Eastmon, World Wide Renegades; Tony Edwards, SEBL All-Stars."

"The NCAA released an email collected from Andy Miller's account that may have prompted the action. The email, as written, states:"

"I get tired of being the 1 guy that has to get 1st rd picks every year. I'd be happy to help you get guys + lend support. You have to want it + have to hustle. To create situations to manifest chaos + plow down walls to open up new opp's. We're facing a summer with no revenue. Yet, everyone will expect their checks, expenses reimburse, etc. I try to give a consistant platform inorder to facilitate production. Am I getting the level of production in return that I want or expect? … You decided to be apart of it on some level … Do more than just give it thought, act on it."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../4-summer-league-teams-banned-ncaa-ties-agent

Reactions: Canned Heat
Another Andy Miller article:

Florida Rams among four basketball travel teams banned by NCAA
6:56 p.m. EST, July 5, 2012|By Buddy Collings | Orlando Sentinel

The adidas Florida Rams, a squad that features UF commit Kasey Hill of Montverde Academy and high-profile Bonifay Holmes County prospect Chris Walker, are one of four basketball travel teams that have been banned from participation in July evaluation tournaments by the NCAA due to ties with a professional agent.

Jones guard Demarcus Croaker, and Montverde teammates Chris Davenport and Joel Embid were on the Rams 17s roster, and Adonys Henriquez and Jonathan Joseph of Orlando Christian Prep had played for the 16s team.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._ncaa-staffers-current-nba-players-ohio-state

Reactions: Canned Heat
This has no longer a fbi investigation , this is the NCAA SCOURING through thousand of pages of documents on how what schools got what kids. The ncaa inquiry should take ages weeks but will take a few years

Some programs affiliated with a few AAU Programs will go down quick. It's easy to see now why Billy D got out when he did

After the UNC stuff, nothing matters anymore.

Who cares?

The NCAA has already set a precedent.
Actually, the NCAA hasn't set any precedents, and that's a problem. It would be better if the NCAA was consistent in applying rules. But that isn't the point here. This is an FBI investigation, not an NCAA investigation.

Oh. I suppose everybody is going down except UNCheat.
A source who has been briefed on the case laughed: “You might see Tennessee-Chattanooga as a No. 2 seed.”

I’m banned from that circle jerk of a board but I’d bet by nuts if you go over to THR they will have a thread about this and they will be talking about UK and Duke being guilty but how UNC and Roy’s staff is above this kinda stuff. I’ll also bet you the first person that brought UK up was that little UNCheatinky poster. I call him sugar tits!!!:D

So the FBI is going to sting college basketball....?
Isn't that rich in light of recent events... ?
Let's go bust some ballers...

Reactions: kev69
What's sad is all the effort of NC State to expose the REAL cheating by UNC means nothing and NC State gets caught up in this with Dennis Smith and Gotfried

Adebayo played AAU ball with Smith, was even going to State with Smith. Not sure what happened exactly, Kentucky won out with Adebayo in the end, like they did Knox. Ignored all of the extra benefits, that State, Gottfried and Adidas was trying to hand out..

I guess the question is: Is the information the FBI has "actionable" .... I defer to those on the Board that are attorney's to opine on this...I would like to know IF this information WILL come out and if indictments will be the result of the FBI information (if actionable).

AlohaCat.

I think what they were saying in essence was that there probably isn't any more information to lead to arresting anyone else. Remember the arrests were related to assistants taking bribes to steer players toward agents and financial advisers. That is illegal. It is not illegal to pay players to come to your school, so the FBI will not prosecute anyone for that. However this article makes it sound like in the process of finding people that were doing illegal things they caught a lot of non-illegal payments to recruits.

Note when I say illegal above, I mean under US or any state law, not under the NCAA rules, which would have a wider definition of right and wrong. Obviously under NCAA rules paying players is illegal and will be investigated separately from the FBI investigation.The nuance here is the reason why U of L fired Pitino, but no one from U of L is facing FBI charges. They were paying players, they were not taking bribes to steer them towards agents or financial advisers.

Actually, the NCAA hasn't set any precedents, and that's a problem. It would be better if the NCAA was consistent in applying rules. But that isn't the point here. This is an FBI investigation, not an NCAA investigation.
It's going to be tough for the FBI to prove that coaches took bribes to steer players towards agents. That's the only thing illegal going on here. It's not illegal to pay a player directly to come to your school. The FBI does not care about that. I don't think everyone is clear on that.

I think what they were saying in essence was that there probably isn't any more information to lead to arresting anyone else. Remember the arrests were related to assistants taking bribes to steer players toward agents and financial advisers. That is illegal. It is not illegal to pay players to come to your school, so the FBI will not prosecute anyone for that. However this article makes it sound like in the process of finding people that were doing illegal things they caught a lot of non-illegal payments to recruits.

Note when I say illegal above, I mean under US or any state law, not under the NCAA rules, which would have a wider definition of right and wrong. Obviously under NCAA rules paying players is illegal and will be investigated separately from the FBI investigation.The nuance here is the reason why U of L fired Pitino, but no one from U of L is facing FBI charges. They were paying players, they were not taking bribes to steer them towards agents or financial advisers.

Thank you!!!

So any information turned over by the FBI to the NCAA would be a cause for action by the NCAA against the schools noted in the investigation?

This would not, then, have any bearing on the school being public or private?

Again, thanks for your analysis.

AlohaCat

Ok, this is beyond stupid. The freaking FBI wasting time and money on college basketball?

The whole thing is just silly.
Meanwhile, 17 kids were killed in a school shooting by a kid that the FBI knew about and was told was a threat. They did nothing.
Authorities were sent to that kids house THIRTY NINE TIMES to deal with him and nobody did anything. The FBI was warned about the kid and freaking sat on it.
But here they are, wasting time on this crap.

I feel pretty good about Kentucky even if Nike becomes involved. If there's anytime Kentucky hasn't been cheating, it's the last year or two. Look at how our recruiting has slipped, while another school's recruiting has all the sudden taken off.

The time Kentucky could have cheated would have been more in the 2010-2015 range.. and they tried to find anything and everything they could to no avail.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Guarantee we are clear because if we weren’t Thamel would be making repeated innuendos across all media platforms.
Although I don't think there are any guarantee with this kind of thing, I'd be willing to bet UK is clean. The athletics culture at UK was cleaned up by Lee Todd. Compliance was emphasized in all of Todd's hires. The main reason we see so much public rancor toward Mitch Barnhart stems precisely from that, since Todd tasked Barnhart to force a lot of wealthy, poorly behaved boosters out of the athletics department's inner workings. Those boosters continue unsuccessfully in their attempts to unseat Barnhart. But at a time like this, UK is fortunate to have placed a strong emphasis on compliance. The reason the Calipari-UK relationship has been successful is because the environment at UK emphasizes Calipari's strengths while circumscribing his idiosyncrasies. Players come to play for Calipari because they believe it is in their long term interests. Calipari doesn't need to cheat. All he has to do is show a high school player how former UK players are doing in the NBA. I think it's becoming obvious where the actual cheating is going on, and that explains why the hubbub is predicting that the rankings will be significantly impacted when this thing blows up.

Although I don't think there are any guarantee with this kind of thing, I'd be willing to bet UK is clean. The athletics culture at UK was cleaned up by Lee Todd. Compliance was emphasized in all of Todd's hires. The main reason we see so much public rancor toward Mitch Barnhart stems precisely from that, since Todd tasked Barnhart to force a lot of wealthy, poorly behaved boosters out of the athletics department's inner workings. Those boosters continue unsuccessfully in their attempts to unseat Barnhart. But at a time like this, UK is fortunate to have placed a strong emphasis on compliance. The reason the Calipari-UK relationship has been successful is because the environment at UK emphasizes Calipari's strengths while circumscribing his idiosyncrasies. Players come to play for Calipari because they believe it is in their long term interests. Calipari doesn't need to cheat. All he has to do is show a high school player how former UK players are doing in the NBA. I think it's becoming obvious where the actual cheating is going on, and that explains why the hubbub is predicting that the rankings will be significantly impacted when this thing blows up.
I hope you are right. This “down” year for UK may be a blessing in disguise. Gotta look at the bright side folks.

The NCAA could catch Rat Face coming out of a bank with a gun, and a bag full of money and the bank alarms going off to beat hell, and they would hold the door for the prick and offer to carry the money bag to the car that fat greasy pig Capel was driving !!

Reactions: anon_q409idbs5m40a
I do. The feds don't care how popular you are in college basketball.
The Bagley knee thing that we were talking about in the other thread might just be true. This might be Bagley's sore knee and it's possible that K's back is getting REALLLLLY sore right about now.
Man, I sure hope so. Would love to see the hammer dropped on that fake ass program.

Yeah, the bunch who can't find all their internal emails or those of Hillary Clinton. Somehow I'd just as soon have the snakes at NCAA do the investigations.

You likely don’t have this much corruption going on for a long time without the NCAA being aware. There are people there that have likely been looking the other way for some time. The FBI investigation forced them to do something.

Or else they didn’t know and are more incompetent than pro wrestling refs.

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT