ADVERTISEMENT

It's About Time

Curious, how many drunks are there in the Kroger Field Club seats sections? Is that a problem? If so, are you complaining about those people?

I'm probably aiming my comments towards those who have little control over their behavior and making alcohol available to them. Now that I think about it that's exactly what I mean. I don't know what difference it makes where they sit. Perhaps you have a point you'd like to make.

For me, it's the disruption of the viewing experience having people constantly in front of you. More traffic in the aisles. Otherwise, I don't care what they do.

Personally, I don't see why it's necessary to have to drink in order to enjoy a Football game.
You must be new to UK football.

Reactions: The-Hack
I am certainly not a tea totaler, in fact I probably consume too much. But I learned a long time ago that the less people I am around when drinking the less llikely I am to find some trouble to get into. With as many people confined to a small space as a football game causes I just can't see it not causing more chances for something bad to happen.

As for as laws go, town next to me the resturants wanted to serve liquor by the drink for years, had enough political pull to get it on the ballot for every vote for 30 years. The bill was defeated by a large margin everytime, but was back on the ballot next election. Finally after 30 years, there was a special election for a part time magistrate position, they got it on that ballot, which had a record low turnout to vote, less than 10% voted, it passed by 25 votes and the town had liquor with their meals. DUI arrest went up by 40%, resturants profit went up by 30% and everyone was happy, except the 75% of the people who fought it for 30 years. But when the town 20 miles up the road had it there really wasn't a reason for them not to be able to compete on equal grounds.. As long as someone isn't driving I don't care if they pass out in a drunken stupor every night.

If only they would pass out in a drunken stupor all we would have to do is step over them. Problem solved.

People have done studies on this and they actually have fewer alcohol related incidents at stadiums that don't allow alcohol sales inside the stadium. At the places you can't drink inside, you have more people binge drinking in the parking lot knowing they can't get any inside.

Bigger issue than someone next to me drinking.

That is one opinion with which I completely disagree. I like to stand during the games and only sit when no one in front of me is standing. Even then, I stand when I want. Stand or sit comes with the price of admission. Alcohol consumption in my area does not. During the Florida game there was a ridiculous brawl in the stands because drunk Florida fans could not be in the same area as drunk UK fans. It ruined the game for me, far before the end result. Had we won, that stupid experience would have lingered negatively. Seeing a drunk man grope his drunk girlfriend also sucks. Hearing drunk people yell stupid things is bad enough. Inebriation is not something I want to pay to see. I enjoy a brew with friends and a good meal in the parking lot before the game. I have no problem with the reasonable consumption of alcohol and am aware that some tailgating is anything but reasonable. But, if its offered in the stadium, we know that we will see many more game drunks. I hope they don’t do that.

People have done studies on this and they actually have fewer alcohol related incidents at stadiums that don't allow alcohol sales inside the stadium. At the places you can't drink inside, you have more people binge drinking in the parking lot knowing they can't get any inside.

Link those studies, please.

A solution to those OK/not OK, would be to have alcohol-free sections.

That would work on 99% of the people. But you always have that 1 who wants to sit where he isn't suppose to and too smart to get caught. Kinda like one of my buddies who hunts. He could have hunting access to 10,000 acres, but there is 1 acre he isn't suppose to hunt, and of course that is the spot he goes to hunt.

I'm probably aiming my comments towards those who have little control over their behavior and making alcohol available to them. Now that I think about it that's exactly what I mean. I don't know what difference it makes where they sit. Perhaps you have a point you'd like to make.
OK, there's already people authorized to buy & drink alcohol at KF & I haven't heard of one issue with that. Net, don't see why there should be an assumption that there would be issues in other sections if allowed. Seems like the data says not yet people imagine as many negatives as the can think of.

there is a threshold where alcohol can enhance the human condition...
sort'a like the event horizon of a black hole.... or.... the turd in the toilet....
eventually you're going down.

Yes, but sometimes you have to call the plumber.

Sometimes drinking has no consequences, in others you can have a few drinks and have someone run a red light and hit you, and you will be the one going to jail. Never had a DUI, lucky I guess, and probably never will now, usually drink two beers a week, DUI laws are nothing to take a chance on now. Drinking is a real TRAGEDY maker AND a real money maker now.

That is one opinion with which I completely disagree. I like to stand during the games and only sit when no one in front of me is standing. Even then, I stand when I want. Stand or sit comes with the price of admission. Alcohol consumption in my area does not.
Well of course alcohol doesn't come with the price of admission today. That's the whole point - it generates more revenue.

As for standing. never did like it other than for limited occasions. I mean they don't sell STANDS, they sell SEATS. How hard is that to understand?

Well of course alcohol doesn't come with the price of admission today. That's the whole point - it generates more revenue.

As for standing. never did like it other than for limited occasions. I mean they don't sell STANDS, they sell SEATS. How hard is that to understand?

I hope you SIT behind me.

And YOUR point is revenue. You seem unable to understand other points of view. It must be hard to understand, to answer your question.

Such a non issue. It's coming. Folks can hem and haw all they want but it's coming.

Yep too much money. SurpeiSur it's been this long.

Amen...plus once you've had 1 too many it ends up all over some fan. Was at U6 bb game tues and had great seats by two guys and by the THIRD inning both needed to be shown the door. Making complete idiots of themselves.

Happens at Commonwealth already. Always see people being drug out due to passing out/being wasted.

A solution to those OK/not OK, would be to have alcohol-free sections.

That's actually a great idea.

OK, there's already people authorized to buy & drink alcohol at KF & I haven't heard of one issue with that. Net, don't see why there should be an assumption that there would be issues in other sections if allowed. Seems like the data says not yet people imagine as many negatives as the can think of.

That last sentence would give the impression that you should drink less no matter what section you sit.[cheers]

For me, it's the disruption of the viewing experience having people constantly in front of you. More traffic in the aisles. Otherwise, I don't care what they do.

Personally, I don't see why it's necessary to have to drink in order to enjoy a Football game.
With Kentucky football you have to be drunk to enjoy the game. There’s a throwboy shirt that “say Kentucky football makes me drink”. Truest statement I’ve ever read.

Last year a kid(18-20) threw up right beside my wife and me on the way in, He probably saw 3 plays before he passed out, his girlfriend was helping him out, still 1st Q, and on the way out he threw up again, this time on the other side of us! This in a stadium that doesn't allow alcohol to be sold, so IDK.I am a near teetotaler now but I don't begrudge another person a drink, I do not understand the rational that there must be alcohol in order to have fun, and that coming from someone who used to consume a bit too much!
I have family and friends who consume way too much, have others who are very responsible with an occasional drink. Overall though I have to say I have seen a lot of terrible problems where there would have been none without consumption.

Last edited:
With Kentucky football you have to be drunk to enjoy the game. There’s a throwboy shirt that “say Kentucky football makes me drink”. Truest statement I’ve ever read.
Sounds like a personal problem...Never had that problem. People just looking for an excuse to get dogass drunk. Have never understood that philosophy or the fun of making an ass of yourself and not rembering it the next day.

Reactions: ram1955
If its allowed in the booths then it should be everywhere

That would work on 99% of the people. But you always have that 1 who wants to sit where he isn't suppose to and too smart to get caught. Kinda like one of my buddies who hunts. He could have hunting access to 10,000 acres, but there is 1 acre he isn't suppose to hunt, and of course that is the spot he goes to hunt.
I'll go out on a limb and bet that people who want to sit in an alcohol-free section would immediately report this offense since alcohol-allowed sections would be readily available. I doubt he'd be too smart for very long. The odor alone would be a quick giveaway.

I hope you SIT behind me.

And YOUR point is revenue. You seem unable to understand other points of view. It must be hard to understand, to answer your question.
So you enjoy being offensive to others? Great to know.

I understand the other points of view, just think they are either wrong, trivial, or can be dealt with reasonably.

So you enjoy being offensive to others? Great to know.

I understand the other points of view, just think they are either wrong, trivial, or can be dealt with reasonably.

If people standing at a football game is offensive to you, you should follow polo or go to the opera.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
If people standing at a football game is offensive to you, you should follow polo or go to the opera.
Not really. It's just that if one stands continually, every row behind that person has to stand to see whether they want to or not. And for those incapable of standing for long periods, your message is ts; i.e., offensive.

Of course you know all that & could care less. It's CC first & to h with anyone else.

Not really. It's just that if one stands continually, every row behind that person has to stand to see whether they want to or not. And for those incapable of standing for long periods, your message is ts; i.e., offensive.

Of course you know all that & could care less. It's CC first & to h with anyone else.

I realize that when people disagree with you, you like to get pissy. But, people standing at sporting events is not rude.

It dosent happen in KCWS often , but have seen it a lot at other stadiums, when UK is on defense, the crowd should never sit.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
ADVERTISEMENT