ADVERTISEMENT

It's About Time

vhcat70

All-American
Feb 5, 2003
"LSU wants to sell alcohol everywhere in Tiger Stadium, but other SEC schools are getting in the way"

"The NCAA
will soon vote on whether to allow alcohol at certain championship events in a pilot program, and used a waiver to do so at the College World Series. Various schools across the country sell alcohol at their stadiums, and make no mistake, this is big business.

According to data obtained through an open records request, Texas raked in $2.8 million in beer sales, $128,321 in wine sales, and another $141,632 in liquor sales during six home games..."

STOP SEC PROHIBITION !!!!!!!!!

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/4/17/17246886/lsu-tiger-stadium-beer-wine-sales

"LSU wants to sell alcohol everywhere in Tiger Stadium, but other SEC schools are getting in the way"

"The NCAA
will soon vote on whether to allow alcohol at certain championship events in a pilot program, and used a waiver to do so at the College World Series. Various schools across the country sell alcohol at their stadiums, and make no mistake, this is big business.

According to data obtained through an open records request, Texas raked in $2.8 million in beer sales, $128,321 in wine sales, and another $141,632 in liquor sales during six home games..."

STOP SEC PROHIBITION !!!!!!!!!

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/4/17/17246886/lsu-tiger-stadium-beer-wine-sales
Yes!!! Just what we need UK fans being drunken idiots and spilling beer all everybody like U6 fans because they can't handle it...NO THANKS!!!

1191041_o.gif

The worst part is the constant traffic through the aisles to piss or get a refill. Horrible experience.
Exactly right. Went to a ul game when my daughter was in the marching band. There was constantly someone walking in front of you to either go down to get a beer (vendors in the stands could not keep up with demand) or take a leak. Very disruptive and it interfered with doing what you go to a Football game to do....watch a Football game.

was a 25 year Season Ticket and Park Pass holder...
over the years it was my observation that boorish behavior increased because of drink... it was worse in the parking lots for sure... tents, grills, more more more in the lots made it a less pleasant experience. my opinion.
BUT...........
whatever twist of legal logic makes the sale of alcohol legal and allowable in one area and not another is a farce of law... all fans should be allowed to buy a beer.... let the fun begin!

the band could play reggae.....
At least they'd be playing something. As is, the band is crowded out by insanely loud speaker "music". Can't hear the person next to you talking. Biggest negative of attending games.

This issue always confuses me. No one has an issue with 90% of the fans getting drunk outside then coming in.

But somehow there's a big issue with those fans drinking once they're inside.

I don't get it
For me, it's the disruption of the viewing experience having people constantly in front of you. More traffic in the aisles. Otherwise, I don't care what they do.

Personally, I don't see why it's necessary to have to drink in order to enjoy a Football game.

I am certainly not a tea totaler, in fact I probably consume too much. But I learned a long time ago that the less people I am around when drinking the less llikely I am to find some trouble to get into. With as many people confined to a small space as a football game causes I just can't see it not causing more chances for something bad to happen.

As for as laws go, town next to me the resturants wanted to serve liquor by the drink for years, had enough political pull to get it on the ballot for every vote for 30 years. The bill was defeated by a large margin everytime, but was back on the ballot next election. Finally after 30 years, there was a special election for a part time magistrate position, they got it on that ballot, which had a record low turnout to vote, less than 10% voted, it passed by 25 votes and the town had liquor with their meals. DUI arrest went up by 40%, resturants profit went up by 30% and everyone was happy, except the 75% of the people who fought it for 30 years. But when the town 20 miles up the road had it there really wasn't a reason for them not to be able to compete on equal grounds.. As long as someone isn't driving I don't care if they pass out in a drunken stupor every night.

For me, it's the disruption of the viewing experience having people constantly in front of you. More traffic in the aisles. Otherwise, I don't care what they do.

Personally, I don't see why it's necessary to have to drink in order to enjoy a Football game.
Strange to me that you turn people having a choice into being necessary.

Let's ban all drinks & food other than water. The rest aren't necessary either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil_The_Music
I am certainly not a tea totaler, in fact I probably consume too much. But I learned a long time ago that the less people I am around when drinking the less llikely I am to find some trouble to get into. With as many people confined to a small space as a football game causes I just can't see it not causing more chances for something bad to happen.
I'd think that if bad things happening from serving alcohol were severe, pro sports would ban them. I know MLB cuts off alcohol after 7th inning. SEC could stop them at end of 3Q too. As others have said, I think less people would enter the stadii drunk if they could buy inside. And I'd rather schools get revenue this way from games than from raising my ticket prices.

People get up for water and food. No doubt. The family next to me gets to their seats late and are always toting handfuls of food. By the end of the first quarter, they are marching their kids out again, sometimes never to return to their seats.

But, we cannot deny the physiologic response of alcohol. It’s not water. It triggers urination. So, your response is not the same. And, in my experience, people make more runs for beer than they do for water.

Also, every fight I have seen in a stadium‘s seats involved a drunk guy.

If you and your 8 buddies could get your drink and stay in your seat for more than 8 minutes all is good. Coke drinkers don’t seem to need 8 per half and 3 more trips to the restroom.

If you and your 8 buddies could get your drink and stay in your seat for more than 8 minutes all is good. Coke drinkers don’t seem to need 8 per half and 3 more trips to the restroom.
Amen...plus once you've had 1 too many it ends up all over some fan. Was at U6 bb game tues and had great seats by two guys and by the THIRD inning both needed to be shown the door. Making complete idiots of themselves.

Reactions: adolph rollingover
I'd think that if bad things happening from serving alcohol were severe, pro sports would ban them. I know MLB cuts off alcohol after 7th inning. SEC could stop them at end of 3Q too. As others have said, I think less people would enter the stadii drunk if they could buy inside. And I'd rather schools get revenue this way from games than from raising my ticket prices.

Well they have had a few killings, but not every weekend. But either way won't effect me, I physically just can't stand 4hrs on concrete any longer and can't see if I want to take a seat for a little while.

Amen...plus once you've had 1 too many it ends up all over some fan. Was at U6 bb game tues and had great seats by two guys and by the THIRD inning both needed to be shown the door. Making complete idiots of themselves.

The group I sit next to passes bottles the entire game. One guy in particular starts making loud animal noises, throws nuts at other fans. Not mean or nasty, just silly. I enjoy watching Football. The drunk fans I've been around in my 40 years going to Commonwealth Stadium generally detract from the experience. Just don't understand the need or desire to get drunk especially when watching a Football game. Now trying to watch basketball may be a different issue.

Reactions: FHCat81
But, we cannot deny the physiologic response of alcohol. It’s not water. It triggers urination. So, your response is not the same. And, in my experience, people make more runs for beer than they do for water.

Also, every fight I have seen in a stadium‘s seats involved a drunk guy.
So you concede a choice doesn't make it necessary - good - and so change the subject to Physiology.

Agree that the fights I've seen at Commonwealth involved drunks. Do you have a point?

I drink myself but think we already have enough drunks in the stands as it is now.
Curious, how many drunks are there in the Kroger Field Club seats sections? Is that a problem? If so, are you complaining about those people?

The group I sit next to passes bottles the entire game. One guy in particular starts making loud animal noises, throws nuts at other fans. Not mean or nasty, just silly. I enjoy watching Football. The drunk fans I've been around in my 40 years going to Commonwealth Stadium generally detract from the experience. Just don't understand the need or desire to get drunk especially when watching a Football game. Now trying to watch basketball may be a different issue.
Agree. What does any of that have to do with making alcohol legal in KF?

I'll break it down for you.. We'll use,, percocet and xanax.. Perc is the game.. Xanny the beer.. Now a perc is pretty damn good by itself.. But,, add a xan in with it.. And it's damn way gooder..

Really surprised you felt the need to spell that out again, Ram. It’s a valid perspective. People can disagree, but they cannot refute.

Reactions: ram1955
"IMO, It detracts from the enjoyment of the game for some fans."

Well, people standing in front of me the entire game distracts from me enjoying the game. Let's ban that. I can see just as well sitting in the SEAT i bought as standing.

"IMO, It detracts from the enjoyment of the game for some fans."

Well, people standing in front of me the entire game distracts from me enjoying the game. Let's ban that. I can see just as well sitting in the SEAT i bought as standing.

Good luck with that. Got a point?

Everyone drinks at the games already.
That's an interesting perspective. But, no, everyone doesn't. Please don't assume that everyone thinks like you think. In fact, lots of people don't drink alcohol at public events. For 1 thing it's irresponsible and illegal to drink and drive. So people who will drive home after the event should not drink alcohol, and I would like to believe most are mature enough to make the responsible decision. People who bring their families to an event may elect to remain sober in front of their kids. And some people simply don't drink alcohol, period. I myself drink alcohol infrequently, and never when I am about to operate a motor vehicle.

there is a threshold where alcohol can enhance the human condition...
sort'a like the event horizon of a black hole.... or.... the turd in the toilet....
eventually you're going down.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT