ADVERTISEMENT

IT WAS A TEAM LOSS

Oct 30, 2009
Nobody stepped up when the game was on the line in second half (except maybe Mintz with that clutch 3.)

Things that killed us in last two minutes.
- Sarrs not slamming home that put back dunk
-Jackson not blocking out after two missed free throws

We do both those things and odds are good we win. And those two guys were our two best players for the game.

Sarr’s stupid fouls. Stupid shots from a bunch of guys. Stupidly throwing the ball in the general direction of the backboard after offensive rebounds instead of going up strong. Stupidly not blocking out on defensive rebounds.

Stupid stuff.

We shot 36%, we had 16 turnovers.

It's a nice thought if we do one or two things differently, we win. And I guess to some extent it's hopeful that we can play so poorly and be in it vs a top 10 team. But the second game in a row our offense was awful. Second game in a row with at least 16 turnovers.

We held Kansas to 29.9% from the field--they didn't even shoot it at 30%--and we still lost. That's...something.

Our defense is fantastic and if we can sort the rest out, our ceiling is great. But right now, we're bad. And I'm tired of being bad every November.

Look no further than the Unholy Trinity for the reason we lost.

Im assuming the Rooferee was the Covid Alternate. We were not winning that game.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SmyrnaCatFan
Sarr needs to stay on the court. I think he's had fouling issues in the past and now moving to the SEC where they call a foul if you breathe wrong on a guy it's essential he finds a way to stay on the court.

One area in which this team excels, team losses, if I were coaching the next game my starters would be;

Jackson
Toppin
Sarr
Boston
Mintz

At least I would get effort. One of Allen Fletcher or Ware would be first off the bench.

Nobody stepped up when the game was on the line in second half (except maybe Mintz with that clutch 3.)

Things that killed us in last two minutes.
- Sarrs not slamming home that put back dunk
-Jackson not blocking out after two missed free throws

We do both those things and odds are good we win. And those two guys were our two best players for the game.

Cal's sub-pattern and Sarr's bonehead fouls where the reasons we lost

One area in which this team excels, team losses, if I were coaching the next game my starters would be;

Jackson
Toppin
Sarr
Boston
Mintz

At least I would get effort. One of Allen Fletcher or Ware would be first off the bench.
Mintz Allen Starr Boston Clark

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT