ADVERTISEMENT

It should come down from Rupp too.....

I imagine the Rupp crowd reception he gets when we play in December will be punishment enough.

Reactions: will1976
I imagine the Rupp crowd reception he gets when we play in December will be punishment enough.
If he thought 2 years ago was bad enough to give the finger, well he better put on his big boy pants on for this year. We bother him when we heckle him, I think we're one of few programs he truly hates/ regrets his decision in leaving(Billy D learned from his mistake)

Reactions: oldfanofuk
If he thought 2 years ago was bad enough to give the finger, well he better put on his big boy pants on for this year. We bother him when we heckle him, I think we're one of few programs he truly hates/ regrets his decision in leaving(Billy D learned from his mistake)
He may need some time off for health reasons...starting one week before our game

Rick won me back a bit after the Mr. Wildcat ceremony, but he lost every ounce of respect I ever had for him with the way he's handled himself the last couple years. From flipping off our fans, to constantly playing the victim throughout this entire process, as well as the decaying state of his corpse like figure, he just wreaks of embarrassment.

No. We dont remove anything from our rafters over what Rick has done at Louisville. We were clean, and it's a great symbol of how much Kentucky rules over Louisville through anything. Let them see it hang in our rafters while looking at Ricks ONLY title hanging beside it. Why would you want to remove the facts? It's finally settled.

Hate it or not the accomplishments achieved during his coaching stint at UK are a part of our program's history. Should we take down the 96 banner as well?
Yes, what took place under his watch at UL is awful but that was then and this is now.

Plus, I like retribution. Louisville fans thought they were gonna rule the state, Rick tried to destroy our program, and they've talked more shit than anyone. Let them see it hang while taking theirs down. Let Pitino know that he lost to UK on his quest to reign supreme. Let them all see that the only place he was able to succeed was UK.

GOT PITINO? - hello 2001....it's me, the future.

Reactions: CatTough
No. We dont remove anything from our rafters over what Rick has done at Louisville. We were clean, and it's a great symbol of how much Kentucky rules over Louisville through anything. Let them see it hang in our rafters while looking at Ricks ONLY title hanging beside it. Why would you want to remove the facts? It's finally settled.
Respectfully disagree. Benedict Arnold served the American Revolution honorably for years. But out of self interest, he defected and betrayed. You won't find any plaques or statues honoring him at West Point.

Nah. What he's done at Louisville, thus far, has nothing to do with what he did here. Now, if he were to get a lifetime coaching ban...then I'd say bring it down.

They should sell tickets to the neutering for charity. [laughing]

bring_it_don_zpsungm2svd.png

I would love a ceremony where we take that thing down from the rafters. He's so obsessed with his own legacy and it would symbolically take away his days before all these scandals when he was still a super coach.

Reactions: KFuqua
I've always heard Pitino was a prick. He got results at UK, though.

Pitino has expressed regret over leaving UK and has done a complete about-face in his public behavior since his tenure in Lexington. Back tats, scandals, and claims that getting reprimanded for real crimes is egregious are only the surface of his most recent transgressions that have weakened his integrity and tarnished his legacy.

Celebrate Pitino for who he was, and not what the unique mixture of regret and success have wrought him. Jmo. He's no longer our coach, but he was our program's savior at one point.

He could have never coached here and would still deserve a spot in the Rafters for what he's done to Louisville.

Now, if you want to take it down and laminate it so it's waterproof, I'd be in favor of doing that before tipoff of the matchup this season, then put it back up at halftime.

I am of the opinion no active coach should be honored with a jersey in Rupps Rafters. So I would take it down. However if it must stay up at least show it in a Louisville jersey. He is no longer blue and white.

Why take it down? His glory was here; his shame is there.
Just curious:
- Prostitution...Public sex...
- Abortion...Lying...
- Taking UL job...Flipping off our fans...
Is there any 'SHAME' Rick could do that would warrant taking HIS persnal banner down?

I think with all he's done his jersey should come down. Hell it should of after he flipped off the crowd. Be awesome as he is being announced at the game this year if they started lowering it and then burn the damn thing. Been way too much negativity to take the high road

If he served honorably at UK.....leave it up. Besides, it has to burn up card fans that the only RP national title rests in Lexington. Add to it--in retirement, if RP wants to ever return to the site of the apex of his coaching career, he has to return to Rupp Arena. It is analogous to a misbehaving kid, who after receiving a whipping from Dad, still has to return home for dinner that evening. GBB!

Moot point. Not going to happen. Regardless of what the fans think, the Administration at UK has too much class to ever allow that to happen.

Respectfully disagree. Benedict Arnold served the American Revolution honorably for years. But out of self interest, he defected and betrayed. You won't find any plaques or statues honoring him at West Point.

Here is how Benedict Arnold was honored in the Old Cadet Chapel at West Point. Maybe the same at Rupp.

10897979_10152542658661232_3963801501273145025_n.jpg

Reactions: uky8unc5
Here is how Benedict Arnold was honored in the Old Cadet Chapel at West Point. Maybe the same at Rupp.

I did not know that. And honestly, that would be awesome, and it would satisfy everyone. Leave Rick's banner hanging, but REMOVE HIS NAME!!

"Around the walls of West Point Chapel are black marble tablets, each tablet bearing in gold the name, rank, and dates of birth/death of outstanding general officers of the Revolutionary War.
However in an inconspicuous place (in the rear of the Chapel) is a plaque which carries only the rank and date of birth of an individual.
Why? Because on January 5, 1781, this turncoat American Officer (Benedict Arnold) directed the British in the destruction of the city of Richmond, Virginia."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT