ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Stewart visits Michigan State next

After what happened both parties have moved on !!!! I really thought Stewart would be at Kentucky at first. Man was I wrong

No one knows what happened.

People are guessing that Cal didn't bite on Stewart asking if he'd be the featured big and/or Cal told him that if he only wanted to have fun, UK wasn't for him.

These rumors were followed up by Stewart downplaying the trip to Lexington.

All of that said, some in the recruiting industry have mentioned that if Stewart took another trip this fall, it didn't bode well for UK.

It’s a shame. I was really hoping we’d land either Stewart or Tshiebwe in this class. We’re looking thin in the post.

True. Just another example of why following recruiting is unpredictable. Three weeks ago, we seemed to have momentum for OT, Stewart, and Lewis.

This is the conversation I'd like our center to have with Cal.

"Coach, I'm coming here to be the man in the middle and play every second of the game."

"Ok, I have 3 other kids that say the same thing and they show it in practice. You willing to do that?"

"Yes sir. Like I said, I'm coming here to be the best."

Guess Stewart wasnt ready.

This is the conversation I'd like our center to have with Cal.

"Coach, I'm coming here to be the man in the middle and play every second of the game."

"Ok, I have 3 other kids that say the same thing and they show it in practice. You willing to do that?"

"Yes sir. Like I said, I'm coming here to be the best."

Guess Stewart wasnt ready.

A few have done that and a few were. I can only hope in the future, more will. GP

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I've said all along that this entire situation is bizarre. Whatever happened seemed to shift dad from being the voice pushing Isaiah to consider Kentucky to dad not feeling us.

My guess is that they wanted certain promises and guarantees and Cal didn't play ball.

Reactions: westerncat and BBUK
I have heard that Stewart was ready to committ to cal if he would stop recruiting wiseman and Carey . From my understanding Stewart does not want to play with either big men but really really doesn’t like wiseman. He even retweeted on twitter someone showing pics and videos of a earlier aau game where the 2 where matched up . My guess is cal said I will absolutely not stop recruiting those guys. That’s not how cal does things. And we will need multiple bigs.

Reactions: DerekMcPwn
I have heard that Stewart was ready to committ to cal if he would stop recruiting wiseman and Carey . From my understanding Stewart does not want to play with either big men but really really doesn’t like wiseman. He even retweeted on twitter someone showing pics and videos of a earlier aau game where the 2 where matched up . My guess is cal said I will absolutely not stop recruiting those guys. That’s not how cal does things. And we will need multiple bigs.
That makes sense

Cal won't bring in any big that has a me me attitude . Cal will get the right bigs that want to play at UK and be a team player.

Reactions: jace2012
The good news is that Carey has been the opposite; he’s expressed a willingness, even enthusiasm about playing with another elite big like Stewart or Wiseman.

I think that there is a very good chance that UK will end up with both Carey and Wiseman. Would love to see both at UK.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

That’s what I figured and to be honest, I can’t blame the dude. In modern basketball, twin towers doesn’t benefit the individual or the team.

If that's true about Stewart, it's good news for us in this whole song and dance.

Kentucky, Duke and Sparty are the main contenders for Stewart, apparently.

Kentucky, Duke and Sparty are the main contenders for Carey, apparently.

Whoever lands Stewart apparently eliminates themselves from the Carey race. It sounds like Michigan State might have the momentum for both guys, but if that's true, that's not going to happen.

Worst case scenario is Duke lands one, Sparty lands the other, and we miss on Wiseman. But that seems unlikely. Ideally, we'll land Carey, Stewart commits to Izzo, and Duke is left with a senior Bolden.

Didn’t Oscar and Stewart visit the same weekend as Pro Day? Listen to Cal’s comments where he says “if you just wanna have fun here and not work, don’t come here.”

You can figure out how the visits went.

If that's true about Stewart, it's good news for us in this whole song and dance.

Kentucky, Duke and Sparty are the main contenders for Stewart, apparently.

Kentucky, Duke and Sparty are the main contenders for Carey, apparently.

Whoever lands Stewart apparently eliminates themselves from the Carey race. It sounds like Michigan State might have the momentum for both guys, but if that's true, that's not going to happen.

Worst case scenario is Duke lands one, Sparty lands the other, and we miss on Wiseman. But that seems unlikely. Ideally, we'll land Carey, Stewart commits to Izzo, and Duke is left with a senior Bolden.
Thats what ppl said about Carter and Bagley. Stewart could easily play the 4 next to Carey. Not saying they will both go to the same place, but it could happen.

If you fall for what z71 says ya might as well take all your hopes and dreams and crush them in a blender being crushed by a boulder during an extinction event. The guy is wrong as much as Ulismyman

Those counting at home
Strike one-wiseman
Strike two-Stewart
Strike three- tshibwe

Ffaaaarrr ccccaaalllll!!!!!!!

In all seriousness a school for Stewart with scandals and pedophilies may be a great place if Carey goes there also, I would like to know what they paid

ADVERTISEMENT